Highlighting the potential of Jamaica holidays for wellness and health tourism
Minister of Tourism, Hon. Edmund Bartlett has recently suggested that Jamaica holidays could seriously benefit from a deeper development of the island's tourism potential for health and wellness incentive trips.
According to Jamaica's Minister of Tourism, Hon. Edmund Bartlett, the health and wellness tourism market has great potential for development in health-focused Jamaica holidays.
Speaking at a reception to celebrate the opening of the newest location of Jencare Skin Farm Spa in Miramar, Florida, on November 28, the Minister praised the owner, Jennifer Samuda, for her outstanding performance in the industry in the area of health and wellness over the years, which has played a significant role in building 'Brand Jamaica'.
The Miramar location is an addition to others already established in Miami, New York, Trinidad and Jamaica complete with state-of- the-art equipment and facilities, which the Minister described as a bold step taken to spread the wings of this successful venture as it expands internationally.
Mr. Bartlett said that Jencare's work in the field of skin care would help to facilitate the development of critical infrastructure needed to boost health and wellness in Jamaica's tourist industry, using mostly truly authentic Jamaican products, while promoting good health, and sustaining youth and vitality.
He said this new venture was a major achievement in the Diaspora, demonstrating the high level of entrepreneurship that abounds in the country.
While Jencare continues to serve and facilitate those in the Diaspora, the visionaries of the company, according to Minister Bartlett, would also raise the bar of performance in the industry, to strive to become one of the best spas in any country it operates.
The Minister urged Jamaicans in the Diaspora to recognise and support businesses owned and operated by nationals. This, he said, was a promotion of things Jamaican, and ultimately an encouragement for others doing business with Jamaicans, to one day, become visitors to the island.
Commissioner Winston Barnes, Jamaican national serving on the City Commission of Miramar also welcomed the Jamaican-owned business to the City, which he described as one of the fastest growing communities of Jamaican nationals in South Florida.
The event was chaired by banking Executive, Wayne Powell who also congratulated the Jencare family. He noted that their journey to success can be traced to their commitment to hard work, while adopting new techniques and enhancing product development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Summer 2018 Sale now extended, save £250 per person
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...