Highlighting the potential of Jamaica holidays for wellness and health tourism
Minister of Tourism, Hon. Edmund Bartlett has recently suggested that Jamaica holidays could seriously benefit from a deeper development of the island's tourism potential for health and wellness incentive trips.
According to Jamaica's Minister of Tourism, Hon. Edmund Bartlett, the health and wellness tourism market has great potential for development in health-focused Jamaica holidays.
Speaking at a reception to celebrate the opening of the newest location of Jencare Skin Farm Spa in Miramar, Florida, on November 28, the Minister praised the owner, Jennifer Samuda, for her outstanding performance in the industry in the area of health and wellness over the years, which has played a significant role in building 'Brand Jamaica'.
The Miramar location is an addition to others already established in Miami, New York, Trinidad and Jamaica complete with state-of- the-art equipment and facilities, which the Minister described as a bold step taken to spread the wings of this successful venture as it expands internationally.
Mr. Bartlett said that Jencare's work in the field of skin care would help to facilitate the development of critical infrastructure needed to boost health and wellness in Jamaica's tourist industry, using mostly truly authentic Jamaican products, while promoting good health, and sustaining youth and vitality.
He said this new venture was a major achievement in the Diaspora, demonstrating the high level of entrepreneurship that abounds in the country.
While Jencare continues to serve and facilitate those in the Diaspora, the visionaries of the company, according to Minister Bartlett, would also raise the bar of performance in the industry, to strive to become one of the best spas in any country it operates.
The Minister urged Jamaicans in the Diaspora to recognise and support businesses owned and operated by nationals. This, he said, was a promotion of things Jamaican, and ultimately an encouragement for others doing business with Jamaicans, to one day, become visitors to the island.
Commissioner Winston Barnes, Jamaican national serving on the City Commission of Miramar also welcomed the Jamaican-owned business to the City, which he described as one of the fastest growing communities of Jamaican nationals in South Florida.
The event was chaired by banking Executive, Wayne Powell who also congratulated the Jencare family. He noted that their journey to success can be traced to their commitment to hard work, while adopting new techniques and enhancing product development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...