Highlighting the potential of Jamaica holidays for wellness and health tourism
Minister of Tourism, Hon. Edmund Bartlett has recently suggested that Jamaica holidays could seriously benefit from a deeper development of the island's tourism potential for health and wellness incentive trips.
According to Jamaica's Minister of Tourism, Hon. Edmund Bartlett, the health and wellness tourism market has great potential for development in health-focused Jamaica holidays.
Speaking at a reception to celebrate the opening of the newest location of Jencare Skin Farm Spa in Miramar, Florida, on November 28, the Minister praised the owner, Jennifer Samuda, for her outstanding performance in the industry in the area of health and wellness over the years, which has played a significant role in building 'Brand Jamaica'.
The Miramar location is an addition to others already established in Miami, New York, Trinidad and Jamaica complete with state-of- the-art equipment and facilities, which the Minister described as a bold step taken to spread the wings of this successful venture as it expands internationally.
Mr. Bartlett said that Jencare's work in the field of skin care would help to facilitate the development of critical infrastructure needed to boost health and wellness in Jamaica's tourist industry, using mostly truly authentic Jamaican products, while promoting good health, and sustaining youth and vitality.
He said this new venture was a major achievement in the Diaspora, demonstrating the high level of entrepreneurship that abounds in the country.
While Jencare continues to serve and facilitate those in the Diaspora, the visionaries of the company, according to Minister Bartlett, would also raise the bar of performance in the industry, to strive to become one of the best spas in any country it operates.
The Minister urged Jamaicans in the Diaspora to recognise and support businesses owned and operated by nationals. This, he said, was a promotion of things Jamaican, and ultimately an encouragement for others doing business with Jamaicans, to one day, become visitors to the island.
Commissioner Winston Barnes, Jamaican national serving on the City Commission of Miramar also welcomed the Jamaican-owned business to the City, which he described as one of the fastest growing communities of Jamaican nationals in South Florida.
The event was chaired by banking Executive, Wayne Powell who also congratulated the Jencare family. He noted that their journey to success can be traced to their commitment to hard work, while adopting new techniques and enhancing product development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Discounted rates available for 2018 available for a limited time!
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Located in New Kingston, the Knutsford Court Hotel offers a laidback atmosphere within a beautiful tropical setting....