Newcastle Airport announces new flights options for Barbados Holidays
Travellers will be able to enjoy Barbados holidays from Newcastle Airport from next year as Thomas Airways announces its new route to the Caribbean island for Thomson and First Choice passengers departing from the North East.
Newcastle International Airport has announced that travellers will soon be able to take their Barbados holidays from the North East airport as Thomson Airways is set to launch its new route next year for Thomson and First Choice customers.
The new Caribbean flights will be available to Thomson Airways customers from winter 2011 and travellers will be able to enjoy Caribbean holidays from Newcastle, from just £679 per person for a return trip.
Aviation Director of Newcastle International Airport, Chris Sanders, said: "Thomas Cook bringing this new direct route to Barbados from Newcastle is fantastic news for the airport and the North East. A first for Newcastle, it strengthens the breadth of choice offered to customers throughout the winter season, offering something a bit different.
"We encourage holidaymakers in the region to take advantage of the excellent prices and the opportunity to travel to this luxurious destination."
The new flights will also take travellers who are taking Barbados holidays on the Caribbean Treasures and Tropical Delights cruises for Thomson Dream, which includes trips to the British Virgin Islands; St. Johns in Antigua; Margarita in Venezuela; Bridgetown in Barbados, Roseau in Dominica; St. George's in Grenada; and Philipsbury in St. Maarten.
Newcastle International Airport has already seen a series of changes with a 28 percent increase in capacity for winter 2010/2011 and seven percent increase in capacity for summer 2011, as Thomson Airways supports and commits to its regional airports.
Manager of Airport Negotiations for Thomson Airways, Paul Cooper, said: "We are fully committed to our regional UK airports as we understand the importance of allowing our customers greater choice and flexibility.
"We are currently operating over 30 routes from Newcastle for the winter 2010/ 2011 and summer 2011 seasons, and are pleased to be introducing Barbados as an exciting new route for both package holidays and Thomson cruises in 2012."
The news of the additional North East route will be welcomed by the Caribbean Island, local businesses and Barbados hotels, as it brings a new wave of visitors to the region.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- July Sale extended - with savings of upto 20% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...