World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi launches 2011 Green Tourism Award Recognition Scheme
Organisers of the three-day exhibition and conference dedicated to showcasing Abu Dhabi holidays and sustainable tourism, the World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi, have announced that it will launch an industry recognition award scheme for its 2011 event.
After a successful three day event which focused on sustainable tourism and Abu Dhabi holidays, organisers of the World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi have announced that it will be featuring an industry recognition scheme for its next event in 2011.
The inaugural conference and exhibition was held at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre this week and was attended by visitors from many different countries.
The Middle East Green Tourism Award will recognise individuals, companies, organisations and even places nominated as a green holiday destination, who have contributed towards sustainable tourism and its ongoing development and management by providing "green" Middle East holidays for travellers.
Rick Theobald, Event Director of Streamline Marketing Group (SMG), which helped organise the event with Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority, said: "This initiative is aimed at further spurring take up of green tourism within the region."
The winner of the award will be determined by a panel of industry experts and nominations will be accepted from December via the website www.worldgreentourismabudhabi.com. Chairing the voting panellists will be Professor Geoffrey Lipman, the Secretary General for the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), a well know speaker and moderator within the international travel and tourism industry.
Theobald said: "Geoffrey is also recognised for his radical thinking on strategic and tactical policymaking, his commitment to the travel and tourism sector as an instrument of positive socio-economic development, as well as his passion for sustainable development and the green economy and therefore makes an apt chairperson for the judging panel.
"We anticipate strong interest in this award which will be presented during the World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi 2011 which will run from December 5-7."
The first World Green Tourism Abu Dhabi event was attended by 1,373 visitors and representatives from industry professionals. The aim of the event was to encourage new business tourism and showcase Abu Dhabi holidays to visitors while identifying key components to ensure environmental sustainability and highlighting "green" initiatives, technologies and solutions.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Relax and rejeuvanate at the santuary of ESPA offering inspirational treatments, watch a high-speed race or simply relax on the beach of this unique hotel
- Complimentary shuttle transfer to the Dubai Parks & Resorts themepark. Buy your tickets with us!
- Take advantage and go on a walk on the Yas Marina Formula One Circuit
- Boasts easy access to Yas Beach and incredible sunset views from the Two Roof-Top Swimming Pools
- Click through and upgrade to a room including access to Ferrari World or Yas Waterworld inclusive
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- exclusively for our customers: free room upgrade
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Indulge yourself in endless luxury at the fabulous Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi Grand Canal
- unique shuttle boat to the famous souqs
- fabulous location in the heart of Abu Dhabi with great views of Abu Dhabi's landmark the mosque
- one of the best kids clubs in Abu Dhabi
- amazing culinary experience with 10 restaurants to choose from
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Get away from all your concerns and enjoy a tranquil 4-day stay at the luxurious Beach Rotana Hotel & Towers whilst you...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
The Ramada Abu Dhabi Corniche is a stunning new property ideally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi. Enjoy beautiful...
Located at an altitude of 915 metres on Hafeet Mountain, this unique mountain oasis resort will make guests feel on top...