Tanzania and Seychelles collaborate in joint tourism promotion bid
The governments of Tanzania and the Seychelles are working together in a joint effort to promote tourism in the two countries, starting with the launch of a promotion week in Dar es Salaam where tourism and Seychelles holidays were promoted.
Tanzania and the Seychelles are joining forces to promote the tourism of both countries in a bid to strengthen business relations and highlight both regions as a joint destination with multicentre package holidays for travellers.
The governments from both countries have been collaborating recently and last week the Seychelles Tourist Board and the Tanzania Ministry of Tourism worked together to promote Seychelles holidays in a tourism promotion week held in Dar es Salaam.
The event was overseen by Tanzania's Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Tourism and Natural Resources, Dr. Ladislaus Komba, and was attended by government officials, local businesses and the media.
Dr. Komba said that the collaboration would help the two countries to strengthen business relations, plus promote both Seychelles holidays and Tanzania holidays to travellers from all over the world.
Allen St.Ange, the Director of the Seychelles Tourist Board and Ambassador to Tanzania, addressed participants of the event, stressing the need for African countries to work together not against one and other in order to benefit from tourism resources.
Andrew Kioko, the Chief Executive of Precision Air, Tanzania's major domestic airline, announced at the event that the company would be expanding its fleet of aircraft to accommodate an increase in service to East African Community countries, as well as introducing new routes to states of the Seychelles and other African destinations from next year.
Hotels in Tanzania saw a significant drop in visitor numbers last month during the general elections, and the new joint tourism promotion is expected to bring a welcome boost in tourism to the beautiful African country.
The Seychelles is an island country situated in the Indian Ocean comprising an archipelago of 115 islands located approximately 930 miles off mainland Africa, and a popular destination for weddings abroad and honeymoons.
Tanzania is a country in Central East Africa with its eastern borders lying on the Indian Ocean and home to Africa's highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro. Dar es Salaam is the main commercial city in the country located on the coast and features a bustling seaport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffet
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...