Tanzania and Seychelles collaborate in joint tourism promotion bid
The governments of Tanzania and the Seychelles are working together in a joint effort to promote tourism in the two countries, starting with the launch of a promotion week in Dar es Salaam where tourism and Seychelles holidays were promoted.
Tanzania and the Seychelles are joining forces to promote the tourism of both countries in a bid to strengthen business relations and highlight both regions as a joint destination with multicentre package holidays for travellers.
The governments from both countries have been collaborating recently and last week the Seychelles Tourist Board and the Tanzania Ministry of Tourism worked together to promote Seychelles holidays in a tourism promotion week held in Dar es Salaam.
The event was overseen by Tanzania's Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Tourism and Natural Resources, Dr. Ladislaus Komba, and was attended by government officials, local businesses and the media.
Dr. Komba said that the collaboration would help the two countries to strengthen business relations, plus promote both Seychelles holidays and Tanzania holidays to travellers from all over the world.
Allen St.Ange, the Director of the Seychelles Tourist Board and Ambassador to Tanzania, addressed participants of the event, stressing the need for African countries to work together not against one and other in order to benefit from tourism resources.
Andrew Kioko, the Chief Executive of Precision Air, Tanzania's major domestic airline, announced at the event that the company would be expanding its fleet of aircraft to accommodate an increase in service to East African Community countries, as well as introducing new routes to states of the Seychelles and other African destinations from next year.
Hotels in Tanzania saw a significant drop in visitor numbers last month during the general elections, and the new joint tourism promotion is expected to bring a welcome boost in tourism to the beautiful African country.
The Seychelles is an island country situated in the Indian Ocean comprising an archipelago of 115 islands located approximately 930 miles off mainland Africa, and a popular destination for weddings abroad and honeymoons.
Tanzania is a country in Central East Africa with its eastern borders lying on the Indian Ocean and home to Africa's highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro. Dar es Salaam is the main commercial city in the country located on the coast and features a bustling seaport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
A heavenly holiday getaway where natural beauty meets luxurious comfort at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...