Tanzania and Seychelles collaborate in joint tourism promotion bid
The governments of Tanzania and the Seychelles are working together in a joint effort to promote tourism in the two countries, starting with the launch of a promotion week in Dar es Salaam where tourism and Seychelles holidays were promoted.
Tanzania and the Seychelles are joining forces to promote the tourism of both countries in a bid to strengthen business relations and highlight both regions as a joint destination with multicentre package holidays for travellers.
The governments from both countries have been collaborating recently and last week the Seychelles Tourist Board and the Tanzania Ministry of Tourism worked together to promote Seychelles holidays in a tourism promotion week held in Dar es Salaam.
The event was overseen by Tanzania's Permanent Secretary in the Ministry of Tourism and Natural Resources, Dr. Ladislaus Komba, and was attended by government officials, local businesses and the media.
Dr. Komba said that the collaboration would help the two countries to strengthen business relations, plus promote both Seychelles holidays and Tanzania holidays to travellers from all over the world.
Allen St.Ange, the Director of the Seychelles Tourist Board and Ambassador to Tanzania, addressed participants of the event, stressing the need for African countries to work together not against one and other in order to benefit from tourism resources.
Andrew Kioko, the Chief Executive of Precision Air, Tanzania's major domestic airline, announced at the event that the company would be expanding its fleet of aircraft to accommodate an increase in service to East African Community countries, as well as introducing new routes to states of the Seychelles and other African destinations from next year.
Hotels in Tanzania saw a significant drop in visitor numbers last month during the general elections, and the new joint tourism promotion is expected to bring a welcome boost in tourism to the beautiful African country.
The Seychelles is an island country situated in the Indian Ocean comprising an archipelago of 115 islands located approximately 930 miles off mainland Africa, and a popular destination for weddings abroad and honeymoons.
Tanzania is a country in Central East Africa with its eastern borders lying on the Indian Ocean and home to Africa's highest peak, Mount Kilimanjaro. Dar es Salaam is the main commercial city in the country located on the coast and features a bustling seaport.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Explore the islands of Mahe and Silhouette on an enchanting retreat to Seychelles.
- Enjoy as many activities and excursions as you like
- The stunning beaches on the islands of Mahe and Silhouette.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodation that will ensure you have a comfortable stay
Experience the tropical island of Mahé at banyan tree Seychelles resort
- A living museum of natural history and sasanctuary for some of the rarest species on Earth
- This paradise is famous for having some of the best beaches in the world, pristine and uncrowded
- The gastronomical experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles was specially conceptualised to offer you a unique experience
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...