Families on Dubai holidays flock down to Yas Island for fun-filled Yas Island Weekends
If the charm and glamour of Dubai wasn't enough to draw visitors, now they'll have a new reason to take Dubai holidays, especially during the Yas Island Show Weekends, packed with a host of concerts and activities for visitors of all ages.
Bringing lots of surprises and unlimited fun to many families enjoying Dubai holidays in Yas Island, and with the dust having barely settled from Thursday night's The Jonas Brothers concert, Yas Island was once again the place to be for top family entertainment with the opening weekend of FLASH Entertainments series of Yas Island Show Weekends.
The first day of FREE entertainment and events drew over 4,000 visitors, from across the region, to Yas Island's Gateway Park, all of whom were eager to take part in the wide-range of family-friendly fun and entertainment.
For the purpose of drawing visitors from al UAE corners and tempt international travellers with Dubai holidays in Yas Island, FLASH Entertainment developed an extensive programme, which included something for everyone: an interactive Kids Fun Zone area, which provided skill-enhancing games and carnival rides; a cartoon parade with colourful characters, traditional Emirati horsemen and musicians; hundreds of children and an open-air cinema, which brought the days entertainment to a close with screenings of the popular teen movies Camp Rock featuring The Jonas Brothers and High School Musical 3.
Additional entertainment over the weekend included The Mighty 4, an internationally acclaimed B-Boy group that entertained crowds with their unique break-dancing performances and dance workshops. Basketball fans, looking forward to the forthcoming NBA Jamfest Abu Dhabi 2010, received a special performance by the highly popular American ACRODUNK basketball group, who amazed audiences with series of high-flying acrobatic stunts.
John Lickrish, Managing Director of Flash, proudly commented on the successful event: "The atmosphere at the first ever Yas Island Show Weekend was amazing. It was heart-warming to see so many families and people of different ages and cultures come together to take part in all the free activities at Gateway Park. FLASH still has a fantastic line up of artists and events scheduled for the next Yas Island Show Weekends and we look forward to seeing even more people join us on Yas Island in the weeks ahead," - he concluded.
And there's so much more still to come, so for those considering fun-filled holidays in Dubai and short weekend escapes in the Middle East they will have a host of new things to look forward to. For the upcoming Yas Island Show Weekend, FLASH has arranged for international superstar Nelly Furtado and top UK urban artists Tinchy Stryder and Taio Cruz, to perform at Yas Arena, Friday 26th November 2010. The FREE weekend activities include Leave your Mark on Yas, which will see top UK graffiti artist Inkie join other top graffiti artists in a staged battle where street art replaces weapons; Street Football Skills, which will have top tricksters show off their ball skills and a B-boy workshop, which will include demonstrations of break-dancing.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Free Half Board
Experience the best of all worlds in Dubai - exceptional accommodation, restauarants, sandy beaches and unmatched shoppin, all for an unbeatable price
- Exlusive Free Half Board upgrade (book by 11 November 2017)!!!
- Delight yourself in a culinary adventure with a selection of 16 dining options to tickle your taste buds
- Club Level rooms available providing access additional amenities and exclusive lounge access
- Located on the spectacular Jumeirah Beach adjacent to the Dubai Marina and only 10 minutes from the Emirates shopping mall
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
- choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Recieve complimentary boat transfers to iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Habtoor Grand Resort & Spa enjoys a fabulous location beside the world famous Jumeirah Beach overlooking the Dubai...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Situated in Bay Square, a low-rise community filled with shops, street side dining and businesses, DoubleTree by Hilton...