Barbados holidays see advertisements as Master Plan for Tourism
Planning ahead for the future of Barbados holidays during the next 10 years, the island has drawn up a Tourism Master Plan to help promote the island over the next decade.
The Barbados Tourism Master Plan is vital to chart the direction of the travel and hospitality industry for the next decade, and Barbadian input at all levels is being sought.
During the launch of the White Paper on tourism development, which will inform the Tourism Master Plan, Minister of Tourism Richard Sealy declared Barbados’ $1.2 billion-dollar tourism industry was too important to continue to be operated in an “ad hoc, loose manner”.
Addressing tourism stakeholders at the LLoyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, Sealy said the White Paper would set out the national tourism policy for Barbados holidays with the government’s vision, and an overall framework for tourism development for the future.He specifically credited late Prime Minister David Thompson with first coming up with the idea of a tourism master plan, saying it was part of Thompson’s vision for the development of Barbados holidays, while he was Leader of the Opposition. According to Sealy, there was “an absence of an appropriate policy framework for the tourism industry” at that time and he said Thompson had made a commitment to embark on such a plan whenever he took over the reins of Government.
The recently reactivated Tourism Advisory Council headed by Dr Sherma Roberts has been charged with leading the process for the development of the White Paper. “The ultimate goal is that we have an end product in the White Paper and in the Master Plan that will represent the people of Barbados and how they see tourism impacting their lives.”- she said during the meeting.
She added that the document would provide the strategic direction for the development of holidays in Barbados over the next 10 years.
For the purpose of the new marketing campaign for the promotion of Barbados holidays, there will be public consultations at town hall meetings across the island, while an online forum is being provided for people in the diaspora and others unable to attend the public meetings to make their contribution.
Roberts anticipated a discussion document formulated by the Tourism Advisory Council would be widely distributed and would provide “a basis to kick-start the conversation about the White Paper”.
Town hall meetings are expected to begin within the next three weeks at Alexandra School in St Peter, Princess Margaret School in St Philip and Solidarity House, Harmony Hall, St Michael.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Be perfectly positioned just a heartbeat away from all the action in Bridgetown and The Gap at Coconut Court Beach Hotel
- Stay and Enjoy FREE transfers, FREE Bottle of Pirate Punch on arrival, A FREE bottle of Sparkling Wine for Honeymooners and FREE transfers to Bridgetown for shopping
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids stay and play upto 16 years old when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- The family run hotel prides itself on the exceptionally friendly welcome staff extend to all guests
- Only a short distance from the capital of Bridgetown and St Lawrence Gap; places with lively nightlife and world class restaurants and shops
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, Almond Beach Resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Savings of up to £300 per person when booking with The Holiday Place
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
- Enjoy a Complimentary Island Safari Tour, A fantastic FREE power Boat Trip with a Swim With Turtles and a FREE Half day Island Coach Tour
Enjoy the welcoming hospitality that's uniquely Bajan at Sea Breeze Beach House by Ocean Hotels, close to the nightlife of Oistins and St Lawrence Gap.
- Brilliant Barbados: Kids (up to 16 years old) stay and play free when accompanied by 1 or 2 paying adults
- Beautiful, Intimate and Boutique Beachfront property that is perfect for weddings
- All-inclusive resort - Dine at six fabulous restaurants serving a variety of cuisines, from beach snacks to fine dining
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Complimentary water sports are included from water skiing, windsurfing, hobbie-cats, paddle boarding, snorkelling & reef fishing
- Take advantage of savings up to 30% for travel in 2017 and 2018
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Everyone dreams about a holiday with their loved one or family where they can enjoy unlimited sunshine on an idyllic...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...