Barbados holidays see advertisements as Master Plan for Tourism
Planning ahead for the future of Barbados holidays during the next 10 years, the island has drawn up a Tourism Master Plan to help promote the island over the next decade.
The Barbados Tourism Master Plan is vital to chart the direction of the travel and hospitality industry for the next decade, and Barbadian input at all levels is being sought.
During the launch of the White Paper on tourism development, which will inform the Tourism Master Plan, Minister of Tourism Richard Sealy declared Barbados’ $1.2 billion-dollar tourism industry was too important to continue to be operated in an “ad hoc, loose manner”.
Addressing tourism stakeholders at the LLoyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, Sealy said the White Paper would set out the national tourism policy for Barbados holidays with the government’s vision, and an overall framework for tourism development for the future.He specifically credited late Prime Minister David Thompson with first coming up with the idea of a tourism master plan, saying it was part of Thompson’s vision for the development of Barbados holidays, while he was Leader of the Opposition. According to Sealy, there was “an absence of an appropriate policy framework for the tourism industry” at that time and he said Thompson had made a commitment to embark on such a plan whenever he took over the reins of Government.
The recently reactivated Tourism Advisory Council headed by Dr Sherma Roberts has been charged with leading the process for the development of the White Paper. “The ultimate goal is that we have an end product in the White Paper and in the Master Plan that will represent the people of Barbados and how they see tourism impacting their lives.”- she said during the meeting.
She added that the document would provide the strategic direction for the development of holidays in Barbados over the next 10 years.
For the purpose of the new marketing campaign for the promotion of Barbados holidays, there will be public consultations at town hall meetings across the island, while an online forum is being provided for people in the diaspora and others unable to attend the public meetings to make their contribution.
Roberts anticipated a discussion document formulated by the Tourism Advisory Council would be widely distributed and would provide “a basis to kick-start the conversation about the White Paper”.
Town hall meetings are expected to begin within the next three weeks at Alexandra School in St Peter, Princess Margaret School in St Philip and Solidarity House, Harmony Hall, St Michael.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Enjoy Barbados at the perfect base on the south coast, stay in Worthing Court Apartment Hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach
- Situated across the road from the stunning Worthing Beach
- Comfortable and equipped units with air conditioning, a daily maid service and a balcony/patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars, night clubs and the beautiful Worthing Beach
Bask in glorious Caribbean sunshine at Ocean Two Resort & Residences and let every ounce of stress melt away as you gaze at the stunning turquoise waters lapping up the sparkling white sands.
- Summer 18 Sale now on with savings of upto 45% and complimentary Breakfast in any Bedroom Suites
- All apartment suites boast large sitting rooms, contemporary kitchens, flat-screen TVs and spectacular ocean views
- Adults Only Rooftop pool with panoramic views of Barbados and the Sea
Experience the authentic Caribbean and the friendly atmosphere of the Bajans with complimentary room upgrades available
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavour at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on Barbado's West Coast
- New Flash Sale - Incredible FREE room upgrades on all room types - saving upto £600 per person
Stay at Sandals Barbados the first and only Luxury Included® Resort exclusively designed for couples and make the most of time away with that special someone.
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- A choice of 11 Five star Global Gourmet™ options including room service for Butler Serviced Suites and Club Sandals accommodations including the first Indian Restaurant featured in any Sandals hotel and complimentary transfers
- Located on the sunny southern coast of the beautifully vibrant island, set on the pristine sands of Dover Beach and set amongst acres of lush tropical gardens
- Choose from endless daytime activities such as Body Boarding, Wind Surfing, Hobie Cat Sailing and Kayaking
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Travellers Palm...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...