Pure water flows as St Lucia holidays regain popularity
After the passing of Hurricane Thomas, St Lucia holidays are ready to welcome back visitors to their pristine and warm island once again. The island quickly experienced a tourism boom after it declared hotels were ready to receive guests again.
As Hurricane Tomas came and went, St Lucia holidays are ready again to flaunt its prettiest pristine looks while showering visitors viewing its stunning scenery with the renowned warmth of its citizens.
St Lucia's Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation Senator Allen Chastanet is reassuring guests planning to travel to the island and take St Lucia holidays that the legendary hospitality for which the island is praised awaits more incoming visitors to greet them with open arms.
Hurricane Tomas which crossed the island last month, said the Minister, caused temporary inconveniences due to the clean-up of roads and the restoration of power and water supply, "But, the lion's share of guests were very understanding and are having the time of their lives with us in Saint Lucia."
In addition to the immediate inflow of visitors coming back to holidays in St Lucia, Chastanet spoke of other benefits provided by Saint Lucia's guests: "Seeing tourists enjoying themselves in our country boosts our morale as we complete the clean-up duties and settle in for the longer-term tasks of building a more resilient Saint Lucia. Tourism is our business and we are grateful to the many clients who have chosen not to cancel, but to travel as planned or reschedule their itineraries as testimony to our brand and uniqueness."
On Friday, the water company (WASCO) reported that some residents in the north of the island awakened to the sight of pipe-borne water flowing into their homes as crews opened up the valves late on Thursday to activate the system.
"We would like to thank WASCO for their commitment to both our local communities and our tourism sector in getting us back on our feet in the shortest possible time," said Guy Joseph, Minister of Communications and Works, who also thanked local communities and guests for their patience as WASCO ramps up its water pressure across the island.
The St Lucia Tourist Board reassured guests that there were well stocked supplies of bottled water for drinking across Saint Lucia's hotels, but as an extra conservation measure asked guests to restrict water use when showering and for basic hygienic purposes as the pressure builds up throughout the system in the next few days.
"Thanks to the state-of-the-art water purification systems and emergency storage tanks used by hotels to reduce their reliance on the country's main water supply, we are delighted to remind the traveling public that most of our hotels and resorts are indeed open for business," stated Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Discover Ocean Views and St Lucian magic In Morgan Bay with a free room upgrade and upto half price accomodation
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Take advantage of savings up to 50% for travel in 2017 and 2018, Room upgrades or have Christmas on us!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste included in your all inclusive plan
- 1 Child stays and eats free in a Premium Double or 2 Children stay free in a Family Suite
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...