Pure water flows as St Lucia holidays regain popularity
After the passing of Hurricane Thomas, St Lucia holidays are ready to welcome back visitors to their pristine and warm island once again. The island quickly experienced a tourism boom after it declared hotels were ready to receive guests again.
As Hurricane Tomas came and went, St Lucia holidays are ready again to flaunt its prettiest pristine looks while showering visitors viewing its stunning scenery with the renowned warmth of its citizens.
St Lucia's Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation Senator Allen Chastanet is reassuring guests planning to travel to the island and take St Lucia holidays that the legendary hospitality for which the island is praised awaits more incoming visitors to greet them with open arms.
Hurricane Tomas which crossed the island last month, said the Minister, caused temporary inconveniences due to the clean-up of roads and the restoration of power and water supply, "But, the lion's share of guests were very understanding and are having the time of their lives with us in Saint Lucia."
In addition to the immediate inflow of visitors coming back to holidays in St Lucia, Chastanet spoke of other benefits provided by Saint Lucia's guests: "Seeing tourists enjoying themselves in our country boosts our morale as we complete the clean-up duties and settle in for the longer-term tasks of building a more resilient Saint Lucia. Tourism is our business and we are grateful to the many clients who have chosen not to cancel, but to travel as planned or reschedule their itineraries as testimony to our brand and uniqueness."
On Friday, the water company (WASCO) reported that some residents in the north of the island awakened to the sight of pipe-borne water flowing into their homes as crews opened up the valves late on Thursday to activate the system.
"We would like to thank WASCO for their commitment to both our local communities and our tourism sector in getting us back on our feet in the shortest possible time," said Guy Joseph, Minister of Communications and Works, who also thanked local communities and guests for their patience as WASCO ramps up its water pressure across the island.
The St Lucia Tourist Board reassured guests that there were well stocked supplies of bottled water for drinking across Saint Lucia's hotels, but as an extra conservation measure asked guests to restrict water use when showering and for basic hygienic purposes as the pressure builds up throughout the system in the next few days.
"Thanks to the state-of-the-art water purification systems and emergency storage tanks used by hotels to reduce their reliance on the country's main water supply, we are delighted to remind the traveling public that most of our hotels and resorts are indeed open for business," stated Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Check into a pretty boutique hotel and experience St Lucia's best beaches, restaurants and nightlife - you can even try your luck at Treasure Bay Casino!
- Exclusive! Book and save £500 per person!
- Perfectly placed at the heart of lively Rodney Bay Village
- Go for a de-stressing or beautifying treatment at the hotel's spa
- Enjoy a spicy island vibe at the hotel's Koko Cabana Bistro & Bar, offering regular live entertainment, barbecues & much more
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...