Pure water flows as St Lucia holidays regain popularity
After the passing of Hurricane Thomas, St Lucia holidays are ready to welcome back visitors to their pristine and warm island once again. The island quickly experienced a tourism boom after it declared hotels were ready to receive guests again.
As Hurricane Tomas came and went, St Lucia holidays are ready again to flaunt its prettiest pristine looks while showering visitors viewing its stunning scenery with the renowned warmth of its citizens.
St Lucia's Minister of Tourism and Civil Aviation Senator Allen Chastanet is reassuring guests planning to travel to the island and take St Lucia holidays that the legendary hospitality for which the island is praised awaits more incoming visitors to greet them with open arms.
Hurricane Tomas which crossed the island last month, said the Minister, caused temporary inconveniences due to the clean-up of roads and the restoration of power and water supply, "But, the lion's share of guests were very understanding and are having the time of their lives with us in Saint Lucia."
In addition to the immediate inflow of visitors coming back to holidays in St Lucia, Chastanet spoke of other benefits provided by Saint Lucia's guests: "Seeing tourists enjoying themselves in our country boosts our morale as we complete the clean-up duties and settle in for the longer-term tasks of building a more resilient Saint Lucia. Tourism is our business and we are grateful to the many clients who have chosen not to cancel, but to travel as planned or reschedule their itineraries as testimony to our brand and uniqueness."
On Friday, the water company (WASCO) reported that some residents in the north of the island awakened to the sight of pipe-borne water flowing into their homes as crews opened up the valves late on Thursday to activate the system.
"We would like to thank WASCO for their commitment to both our local communities and our tourism sector in getting us back on our feet in the shortest possible time," said Guy Joseph, Minister of Communications and Works, who also thanked local communities and guests for their patience as WASCO ramps up its water pressure across the island.
The St Lucia Tourist Board reassured guests that there were well stocked supplies of bottled water for drinking across Saint Lucia's hotels, but as an extra conservation measure asked guests to restrict water use when showering and for basic hygienic purposes as the pressure builds up throughout the system in the next few days.
"Thanks to the state-of-the-art water purification systems and emergency storage tanks used by hotels to reduce their reliance on the country's main water supply, we are delighted to remind the traveling public that most of our hotels and resorts are indeed open for business," stated Director of Tourism, Louis Lewis.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- All Guests gain complimentary access to Bay Gardens Beach Resort's Splash Island Water Park and Water sports!
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Save up to a fantastic 60%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE plus Book a Garden View and get upgraded to an Ocean View!!!
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...