Oman Air celebrates first anniversary of high-tech fleet at World Travel Market
Oman Air is celebrating its first anniversary of Oman flights using its fleet of Airbus A330 aircraft which feature high-tech services such as in-flight mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity packages at this year's World Travel Market (WTM) in London.
Oman Air are celebrating at the annual World Travel Market in London this week with a huge brand new exhibition stand highlighting its high-tech fleet of Airbus A330 aircraft which have been operating Oman flights for one year.
The anniversary of the launch of the high-tech aircraft also marked the success of the airline's first six months into offering in-flight mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity packages during Oman flights.
Peter Hill, CEO of Oman Air, spoke at the World Travel Market: "We are delighted to be participating once again at WTM and to be further increasing awareness of our superb aircraft, expanding network and outstanding value. Working alongside our colleagues at Oman Tourism, we will also be promoting the Sultanate of Oman as a wonderful destination for both business and leisure travellers.
"Our new stand will be a great focus for agents and operators who want to find out more about how we can work together to offer the very best in air travel and build on the remarkable success of the last 12 months."
This year's exhibition stand showcased the airline's extra-long Business Class lie-flat seats and the Oman Air branded Porsche Carrera which is owned by Oman racing driving, Ahmad Al Harthy, enticing visitors to book their Oman holidays with the pioneering airline.
Peter Hill went on to speak of the high-tech services onboard Oman flights and said:
"The use of mobile phones, smartphones, laptops and a range of other personal devices is, of course, commonplace on the ground and introducing full connectivity in-flight means that business and leisure customers need no longer suspend their normal lives while they are travelling. We pioneered connectivity because we wanted to offer our customers innovatory in-flight services that would increase convenience and complement the benchmark-setting comfort, space and luxury we offer onboard our aircraft. Usage has continued to increase and customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive."
"Our in-flight entertainment and connectivity are important elements of a wholesale transformation that has taken place at Oman Air over the last year. By focusing on quality, service, comfort, choice and innovation, we have created our own space within the market, as well as given other carriers a very serious run for their money. The last 12 months have been breath-taking and we are looking forward to the next 12 with a sense of genuine anticipation and excitement," he concluded.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...