Oman Air celebrates first anniversary of high-tech fleet at World Travel Market
Oman Air is celebrating its first anniversary of Oman flights using its fleet of Airbus A330 aircraft which feature high-tech services such as in-flight mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity packages at this year's World Travel Market (WTM) in London.
Oman Air are celebrating at the annual World Travel Market in London this week with a huge brand new exhibition stand highlighting its high-tech fleet of Airbus A330 aircraft which have been operating Oman flights for one year.
The anniversary of the launch of the high-tech aircraft also marked the success of the airline's first six months into offering in-flight mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity packages during Oman flights.
Peter Hill, CEO of Oman Air, spoke at the World Travel Market: "We are delighted to be participating once again at WTM and to be further increasing awareness of our superb aircraft, expanding network and outstanding value. Working alongside our colleagues at Oman Tourism, we will also be promoting the Sultanate of Oman as a wonderful destination for both business and leisure travellers.
"Our new stand will be a great focus for agents and operators who want to find out more about how we can work together to offer the very best in air travel and build on the remarkable success of the last 12 months."
This year's exhibition stand showcased the airline's extra-long Business Class lie-flat seats and the Oman Air branded Porsche Carrera which is owned by Oman racing driving, Ahmad Al Harthy, enticing visitors to book their Oman holidays with the pioneering airline.
Peter Hill went on to speak of the high-tech services onboard Oman flights and said:
"The use of mobile phones, smartphones, laptops and a range of other personal devices is, of course, commonplace on the ground and introducing full connectivity in-flight means that business and leisure customers need no longer suspend their normal lives while they are travelling. We pioneered connectivity because we wanted to offer our customers innovatory in-flight services that would increase convenience and complement the benchmark-setting comfort, space and luxury we offer onboard our aircraft. Usage has continued to increase and customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive."
"Our in-flight entertainment and connectivity are important elements of a wholesale transformation that has taken place at Oman Air over the last year. By focusing on quality, service, comfort, choice and innovation, we have created our own space within the market, as well as given other carriers a very serious run for their money. The last 12 months have been breath-taking and we are looking forward to the next 12 with a sense of genuine anticipation and excitement," he concluded.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...