Middle East travellers discover paradise on Seychelles holidays
Turquoise waters, deserted pristine white sand beaches, and thriving jungles are just a few reasons why travellers from the Middle East choosing to take Seychelles holidays has increased over the last two years.
Over the last two years, the number of travellers from the Middle East enjoying Seychelles holidays has increased significantly.
The idyllic archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean feature palm-fringed powdery white beaches, lush green jungles, and warm crystal clear waters perfect for snorkelling or scuba diving.
Travellers can hop on a four and a half hour flight from the Gulf and enjoy short weekend breaks or longer luxurious Seychelles holiday to the beautiful collection of islands.
A collection of high end Seychelles hotels and luxury resorts offers idyllic settings for weddings abroad and romantic honeymoons with unspoiled and deserted beaches and a tropical climate.
In 2009, the Seychelles saw 6,370 travellers from the Middle East visit the islands and the Seychelles Tourism Board are predicting that these figures will double by 2012.
The Middle East has the most connections and flight links to the Seychelles with Qatar Airways operating flights to the islands four times a week; Emirates offering daily flights; and plans in the pipeline for a new Etihad route.
The Middle East have also been investing in the region with the addition of new hotel projects worth US$1.4 billion including the all inclusive Indian Ocean resort, Emirates Cap Terney; Four Seasons; and Kempinski Raffles, which is expected to attract high end travellers.
The thriving jungles, natural landscapes and breathtaking underwater sites enable tourists to experience paradise at its finest whilst enjoying island hopping excursions, snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of Seychelles Tourism Board, said: "An increasing number of tourists are no longer content to just ‘flop and drop' when on holiday, but are in search of genuine experiences to take home.
"Seychelles is becoming an increasingly attractive holiday option on account of its unprocessed nature. While other destinations have rushed ahead of themselves in catering for tourists and lost much of their identity in doing so, Seychelles has grown its tourism at a gentler pace, and today still reflects much that is traditional and authentic of the age-old island way of living."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discover beauty like no other on the magical Mahé island in the Seychelles
- Stunning rooms, with everything you'll need for a more than comfortable stay
- Long stretches of pure white sands
- free upgrade to seaview room for our customers only
- A no fuss, unobtrusive service where the customer is always king!
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Stay at the first and most legendary resort in the Seychelles, Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove at Beau Vallon Bay and enjoy a taste of exotica
- Enjoy a couples resort where you can enjoy the relaxtion of the resort and pamper yourself at the Zen Spa
- Discover the incredible flavours of creole cuisine
- Revel in colonial surrounds, as the first hotel in Seychelles built in 1943 boasting orginal architecture
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...