Middle East travellers discover paradise on Seychelles holidays
Turquoise waters, deserted pristine white sand beaches, and thriving jungles are just a few reasons why travellers from the Middle East choosing to take Seychelles holidays has increased over the last two years.
Over the last two years, the number of travellers from the Middle East enjoying Seychelles holidays has increased significantly.
The idyllic archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean feature palm-fringed powdery white beaches, lush green jungles, and warm crystal clear waters perfect for snorkelling or scuba diving.
Travellers can hop on a four and a half hour flight from the Gulf and enjoy short weekend breaks or longer luxurious Seychelles holiday to the beautiful collection of islands.
A collection of high end Seychelles hotels and luxury resorts offers idyllic settings for weddings abroad and romantic honeymoons with unspoiled and deserted beaches and a tropical climate.
In 2009, the Seychelles saw 6,370 travellers from the Middle East visit the islands and the Seychelles Tourism Board are predicting that these figures will double by 2012.
The Middle East has the most connections and flight links to the Seychelles with Qatar Airways operating flights to the islands four times a week; Emirates offering daily flights; and plans in the pipeline for a new Etihad route.
The Middle East have also been investing in the region with the addition of new hotel projects worth US$1.4 billion including the all inclusive Indian Ocean resort, Emirates Cap Terney; Four Seasons; and Kempinski Raffles, which is expected to attract high end travellers.
The thriving jungles, natural landscapes and breathtaking underwater sites enable tourists to experience paradise at its finest whilst enjoying island hopping excursions, snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of Seychelles Tourism Board, said: "An increasing number of tourists are no longer content to just ‘flop and drop' when on holiday, but are in search of genuine experiences to take home.
"Seychelles is becoming an increasingly attractive holiday option on account of its unprocessed nature. While other destinations have rushed ahead of themselves in catering for tourists and lost much of their identity in doing so, Seychelles has grown its tourism at a gentler pace, and today still reflects much that is traditional and authentic of the age-old island way of living."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Discovery the wonder and beauty of the Seychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Treat yourself to a luxury break in the Seychelles combined with an exciting stay in Dubai
- Take advantage of the close proximity to all the local attractions in Dubai
- Discover a wide range of exquisite dining options in the Seychelles
- Practice yoga in the natural surroundings of Silhouette Island
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class
- Free upgrade from Bed & Breakfast to Half Board
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island and stay at the...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...