Old Havana Promotes Cuba holidays with mix of Belgian Culture
The City Historian's Office in Old Havana has organised a series of special tours to take place in November. These guided tours will show visitors the traces of Belgian culture that are still present in Old Havana.
One of the top places most visitors shouldn't fail to visit during their Cuba holidays and certainly one of Cuba's most attractive areas, the Old Havana section of Havana is now set to promote awareness of Belgian culture in this part of the old town through a series of guided tours by experts from the City Historian's Office.
For this week-long event during which those enjoying holidays in Cuba will have a chance to explore the city's Belgian connections, the City's Historian Office is preparing a plan of activities to celebrate Belgian Culture Week, which will run from 8-15th November; a statement from the Habaguanex SA company revealed.
If wanting to be a part of it, travellers must book their Cuba holidays soon as Belgian Culture Week already began on November 8th and will promote the way of life usually more akin to the European country, Cuba Headlines reports.
Guided tours of the Universal Arts Building in the National Museum of Fine Art have been arranged for 13th November at 14:00 local time thanks to the Habaguanex SA company in collaboration with the National Museum of Fine Arts and will introduce visitors to the work of Bruno Vekemans. Together they will sponsor a tour called Walking through the Work of Bruno Vekemans, based on pieces exhibited at the Universal Arts Building of the National Museum of Fine Art.
According to the publication, the Belgian artist's pieces depict "solitude and empty spaces, portraits of peace and simple people".
The tours will begin in the morning of 13th November 2010 and will be repeated at 2 p.m.
Meanwhile, art lovers could continue their Cuba tours by taking in an exhibition at the National Museum of Contemporary Ceramics in Casa Aguilera in Havana, where approximately 700 items are on display, the Cuban News Agency reports.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Exclusive Free Havana city tour, visiting Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...