Old Havana Promotes Cuba holidays with mix of Belgian Culture
The City Historian's Office in Old Havana has organised a series of special tours to take place in November. These guided tours will show visitors the traces of Belgian culture that are still present in Old Havana.
One of the top places most visitors shouldn't fail to visit during their Cuba holidays and certainly one of Cuba's most attractive areas, the Old Havana section of Havana is now set to promote awareness of Belgian culture in this part of the old town through a series of guided tours by experts from the City Historian's Office.
For this week-long event during which those enjoying holidays in Cuba will have a chance to explore the city's Belgian connections, the City's Historian Office is preparing a plan of activities to celebrate Belgian Culture Week, which will run from 8-15th November; a statement from the Habaguanex SA company revealed.
If wanting to be a part of it, travellers must book their Cuba holidays soon as Belgian Culture Week already began on November 8th and will promote the way of life usually more akin to the European country, Cuba Headlines reports.
Guided tours of the Universal Arts Building in the National Museum of Fine Art have been arranged for 13th November at 14:00 local time thanks to the Habaguanex SA company in collaboration with the National Museum of Fine Arts and will introduce visitors to the work of Bruno Vekemans. Together they will sponsor a tour called Walking through the Work of Bruno Vekemans, based on pieces exhibited at the Universal Arts Building of the National Museum of Fine Art.
According to the publication, the Belgian artist's pieces depict "solitude and empty spaces, portraits of peace and simple people".
The tours will begin in the morning of 13th November 2010 and will be repeated at 2 p.m.
Meanwhile, art lovers could continue their Cuba tours by taking in an exhibition at the National Museum of Contemporary Ceramics in Casa Aguilera in Havana, where approximately 700 items are on display, the Cuban News Agency reports.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 31st Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...