Old Havana Promotes Cuba holidays with mix of Belgian Culture
The City Historian's Office in Old Havana has organised a series of special tours to take place in November. These guided tours will show visitors the traces of Belgian culture that are still present in Old Havana.
One of the top places most visitors shouldn't fail to visit during their Cuba holidays and certainly one of Cuba's most attractive areas, the Old Havana section of Havana is now set to promote awareness of Belgian culture in this part of the old town through a series of guided tours by experts from the City Historian's Office.
For this week-long event during which those enjoying holidays in Cuba will have a chance to explore the city's Belgian connections, the City's Historian Office is preparing a plan of activities to celebrate Belgian Culture Week, which will run from 8-15th November; a statement from the Habaguanex SA company revealed.
If wanting to be a part of it, travellers must book their Cuba holidays soon as Belgian Culture Week already began on November 8th and will promote the way of life usually more akin to the European country, Cuba Headlines reports.
Guided tours of the Universal Arts Building in the National Museum of Fine Art have been arranged for 13th November at 14:00 local time thanks to the Habaguanex SA company in collaboration with the National Museum of Fine Arts and will introduce visitors to the work of Bruno Vekemans. Together they will sponsor a tour called Walking through the Work of Bruno Vekemans, based on pieces exhibited at the Universal Arts Building of the National Museum of Fine Art.
According to the publication, the Belgian artist's pieces depict "solitude and empty spaces, portraits of peace and simple people".
The tours will begin in the morning of 13th November 2010 and will be repeated at 2 p.m.
Meanwhile, art lovers could continue their Cuba tours by taking in an exhibition at the National Museum of Contemporary Ceramics in Casa Aguilera in Havana, where approximately 700 items are on display, the Cuban News Agency reports.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands for an amazing price!
- The all-inclusive plan features 1 buffet restaurant, 2 A la carte, 3 snack bars and 3 bars.
- The Location on one of Varadero's best virgin beaches.
- Enjoy varied entertainment, including water sports, beach volleyball, tennis, evening performances and more.
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Enjoy an amazing twin centre full of enjoyment for everyone at occidental miramar and breezes bella costa
The two hotels combine for an amazing holiday experience fit for everyone from couples to families at occidental miramar and breezes bella
- The Memories Miramar Havana is located in an elegant residential neighbourhood of Miramar and enjoys beautiful ocean views
- Both hotels offer fantastic amenities and facilities which makes the hotels a great choice for both families and couples
- Bella Costa is located on one of the world's finest beaches - Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...