Congress of Spanish Travel Agents Underway in Eastern Cuba
With a special focus on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association (AEDAVE) took place at the Melia Santiago de Cuba hotel in the western region of the country.
With an emphasis on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association, AEDAVE, this year focused on a deep analysis of the current world situation with important proposals to boost the tourism industry.
Held at the Melia Santiago de Cuba Hotel, the Congress featured several presentations covering different topics from market, legal and economic frameworks to publicity.
AEDAVE President Jose Manuel Maciñeiras highlighted the quality and high technical level of the presentations and discussions generated among travel agent executives, businesspeople, tour operators and other professionals of the sector, including journalists.
Maciñeiras said the proposals made by participants at the event are suitable not only to the Spanish tourism and travel agencies but to any other country as AEDAVE is determined to become a driving force for the development and the knowledge of the peoples.
Maciñeiras also noted that by visiting different sites across eastern Cuba, participants in the event will become tourists and they will try to learn about holidays in Cuba, the Cuban people and the potentials of areas such as the cities of Santiago de Cuba, Bayazo, Holguin and Guardalavaca beach.
Around 170 participants and guests are attending the congress that is held for the second time in Cuba and will have Israel as its next venue. Founded 30 years ago, AEDAVE brings together 400 Spanish travel agencies.
Present at the opening of the event were leading authorities in the Cuba holidays industry; Cuban Tourism Minister Manuel Marrero and Spanish ambassador in Havana Manuel Cacho Quesada.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...