Congress of Spanish Travel Agents Underway in Eastern Cuba
With a special focus on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association (AEDAVE) took place at the Melia Santiago de Cuba hotel in the western region of the country.
With an emphasis on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association, AEDAVE, this year focused on a deep analysis of the current world situation with important proposals to boost the tourism industry.
Held at the Melia Santiago de Cuba Hotel, the Congress featured several presentations covering different topics from market, legal and economic frameworks to publicity.
AEDAVE President Jose Manuel Maciñeiras highlighted the quality and high technical level of the presentations and discussions generated among travel agent executives, businesspeople, tour operators and other professionals of the sector, including journalists.
Maciñeiras said the proposals made by participants at the event are suitable not only to the Spanish tourism and travel agencies but to any other country as AEDAVE is determined to become a driving force for the development and the knowledge of the peoples.
Maciñeiras also noted that by visiting different sites across eastern Cuba, participants in the event will become tourists and they will try to learn about holidays in Cuba, the Cuban people and the potentials of areas such as the cities of Santiago de Cuba, Bayazo, Holguin and Guardalavaca beach.
Around 170 participants and guests are attending the congress that is held for the second time in Cuba and will have Israel as its next venue. Founded 30 years ago, AEDAVE brings together 400 Spanish travel agencies.
Present at the opening of the event were leading authorities in the Cuba holidays industry; Cuban Tourism Minister Manuel Marrero and Spanish ambassador in Havana Manuel Cacho Quesada.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Starfish Varadero has to offer for an amazing price!
- Stay entertained with daily activities, land sports, water sports and lively shows
- Located on one of the best beaches in Varadero
- Excellent selection of 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view - limited availability
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...