Congress of Spanish Travel Agents Underway in Eastern Cuba
With a special focus on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association (AEDAVE) took place at the Melia Santiago de Cuba hotel in the western region of the country.
With an emphasis on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association, AEDAVE, this year focused on a deep analysis of the current world situation with important proposals to boost the tourism industry.
Held at the Melia Santiago de Cuba Hotel, the Congress featured several presentations covering different topics from market, legal and economic frameworks to publicity.
AEDAVE President Jose Manuel Maciñeiras highlighted the quality and high technical level of the presentations and discussions generated among travel agent executives, businesspeople, tour operators and other professionals of the sector, including journalists.
Maciñeiras said the proposals made by participants at the event are suitable not only to the Spanish tourism and travel agencies but to any other country as AEDAVE is determined to become a driving force for the development and the knowledge of the peoples.
Maciñeiras also noted that by visiting different sites across eastern Cuba, participants in the event will become tourists and they will try to learn about holidays in Cuba, the Cuban people and the potentials of areas such as the cities of Santiago de Cuba, Bayazo, Holguin and Guardalavaca beach.
Around 170 participants and guests are attending the congress that is held for the second time in Cuba and will have Israel as its next venue. Founded 30 years ago, AEDAVE brings together 400 Spanish travel agencies.
Present at the opening of the event were leading authorities in the Cuba holidays industry; Cuban Tourism Minister Manuel Marrero and Spanish ambassador in Havana Manuel Cacho Quesada.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Bella Costa
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 4th May 2017
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...