Congress of Spanish Travel Agents Underway in Eastern Cuba
With a special focus on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association (AEDAVE) took place at the Melia Santiago de Cuba hotel in the western region of the country.
With an emphasis on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association, AEDAVE, this year focused on a deep analysis of the current world situation with important proposals to boost the tourism industry.
Held at the Melia Santiago de Cuba Hotel, the Congress featured several presentations covering different topics from market, legal and economic frameworks to publicity.
AEDAVE President Jose Manuel Maciñeiras highlighted the quality and high technical level of the presentations and discussions generated among travel agent executives, businesspeople, tour operators and other professionals of the sector, including journalists.
Maciñeiras said the proposals made by participants at the event are suitable not only to the Spanish tourism and travel agencies but to any other country as AEDAVE is determined to become a driving force for the development and the knowledge of the peoples.
Maciñeiras also noted that by visiting different sites across eastern Cuba, participants in the event will become tourists and they will try to learn about holidays in Cuba, the Cuban people and the potentials of areas such as the cities of Santiago de Cuba, Bayazo, Holguin and Guardalavaca beach.
Around 170 participants and guests are attending the congress that is held for the second time in Cuba and will have Israel as its next venue. Founded 30 years ago, AEDAVE brings together 400 Spanish travel agencies.
Present at the opening of the event were leading authorities in the Cuba holidays industry; Cuban Tourism Minister Manuel Marrero and Spanish ambassador in Havana Manuel Cacho Quesada.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing retreat to the stunning Varadero beach
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...