Congress of Spanish Travel Agents Underway in Eastern Cuba
With a special focus on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association (AEDAVE) took place at the Melia Santiago de Cuba hotel in the western region of the country.
With an emphasis on the Cuba holidays market, the 21st Congress of the Spanish Travel Agencies Association, AEDAVE, this year focused on a deep analysis of the current world situation with important proposals to boost the tourism industry.
Held at the Melia Santiago de Cuba Hotel, the Congress featured several presentations covering different topics from market, legal and economic frameworks to publicity.
AEDAVE President Jose Manuel Maciñeiras highlighted the quality and high technical level of the presentations and discussions generated among travel agent executives, businesspeople, tour operators and other professionals of the sector, including journalists.
Maciñeiras said the proposals made by participants at the event are suitable not only to the Spanish tourism and travel agencies but to any other country as AEDAVE is determined to become a driving force for the development and the knowledge of the peoples.
Maciñeiras also noted that by visiting different sites across eastern Cuba, participants in the event will become tourists and they will try to learn about holidays in Cuba, the Cuban people and the potentials of areas such as the cities of Santiago de Cuba, Bayazo, Holguin and Guardalavaca beach.
Around 170 participants and guests are attending the congress that is held for the second time in Cuba and will have Israel as its next venue. Founded 30 years ago, AEDAVE brings together 400 Spanish travel agencies.
Present at the opening of the event were leading authorities in the Cuba holidays industry; Cuban Tourism Minister Manuel Marrero and Spanish ambassador in Havana Manuel Cacho Quesada.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the exciting nightlife the Melia Marina Varadero Hotel has to offer, whilst relaxing during the day in the beautiful accommodation
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 10th Jul 2017
- Melia Marina Varadero Hotel is ideally located 300m from the beach in an ecological reserve with a dolphinarium and caves to explore
- Incredible all-inclusive benefits with dining at 9 restaurants at Melia Marina Varadero Hotel
- Excellent watersports facilities including yachting, fishing and diving
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Melia Habana - limited availability
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay in two top ranked hotels on a twin centre holiday that blends luxury and historically perfectly to create a holiday of a lifetime
- Take advantage of an amazing room upgrade from a Standard Room to a Sea View Room at NH Capri
- Stay in two of the top ranked hotels in Cuba, perfectly paired to offer you a holiday like no other
- Royalton Hicacos is a luxurious resort located one of the finest beaches in Varadero where there is a little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa and activity program
- NH Capri is located in the heart of cultural Havana and is embroiled in history being one of the most popular hotels with the gangsters of the 1950’s
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Enjoy a hearty welcome from hosts that exude contagious Cuban charm on an escape to Cuba. Explore not only the vibrant...