Etihad Airways named "World leading airline" at the World Travel Market Awards
The Abu Dhabi-based airline and national carrier of the United Arab Emirates has received the coveted award of "World's Leading Airline" for the second consecutive year at the World Travel Awards.
Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the United Arab Emirates, offering top class service to Abu Dhabi holidays from many worldwide destinations, has been awarded the prestigious title of “World’s Leading Airline” at the World Travel Awards (WTA) for the second year running.
The title of "top airline WTA", the ultimate recognition in the travel industry, was presented to Peter Baumgartner, Etihad’s Chief Commercial Officer, at a gala event in London. The prestigious airline offering impeccable onboard service to those embarking on or returning from luxury holidays in Abu Dhabi was also named “World’s Leading First Class” airline for the third year in a row.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ Chief Executive Officer, declared: “To win the award for ‘World’s Leading Airline’ two years running is a phenomenal and unprecedented achievement for an airline that is only seven years old.
“It shows that our service ethic is well embedded and that we have the ability to consistently deliver what customers want. The aviation industry is fiercely competitive and to win an accolade like this, and be placed amongst the best in the world, is something we will continue to strive for year on year.”
The WTA recognise the best airline, hospitality and tourism brands in the world, with industry experts vetting nominations on the basis of their customer relations, creativity, quality of service, product innovation and business acumen.
Etihad was the first Middle Eastern airline to win the “World’s Leading Airline” award in 2009 and was credited for the excellence of its onboard product, luxurious airport lounges and strong service ethic during a period of phenomenal growth.
Mr Hogan added: “The aviation industry continues to face stern challenges whether it is in security, the global recession, or natural disasters like the ash cloud in Europe, but Etihad has shown that it is equipped to manage through these difficulties and still deliver the best product and service to its customers.”
Etihad’s success in London, taking many passengers and holidaymakers to luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays caps a great year for the airline as it had won six titles at the WTA ceremony for the Middle East in May, including the coveted title as the region’s Leading Airline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Explore Thailand’s own ‘City of Angels’ with a stay at the Rembrandt Hotel and Towers in the heart of Bangkok, making it...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...