Etihad Airways named "World leading airline" at the World Travel Market Awards
The Abu Dhabi-based airline and national carrier of the United Arab Emirates has received the coveted award of "World's Leading Airline" for the second consecutive year at the World Travel Awards.
Etihad Airways, the Abu Dhabi-based national airline of the United Arab Emirates, offering top class service to Abu Dhabi holidays from many worldwide destinations, has been awarded the prestigious title of “World’s Leading Airline” at the World Travel Awards (WTA) for the second year running.
The title of "top airline WTA", the ultimate recognition in the travel industry, was presented to Peter Baumgartner, Etihad’s Chief Commercial Officer, at a gala event in London. The prestigious airline offering impeccable onboard service to those embarking on or returning from luxury holidays in Abu Dhabi was also named “World’s Leading First Class” airline for the third year in a row.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways’ Chief Executive Officer, declared: “To win the award for ‘World’s Leading Airline’ two years running is a phenomenal and unprecedented achievement for an airline that is only seven years old.
“It shows that our service ethic is well embedded and that we have the ability to consistently deliver what customers want. The aviation industry is fiercely competitive and to win an accolade like this, and be placed amongst the best in the world, is something we will continue to strive for year on year.”
The WTA recognise the best airline, hospitality and tourism brands in the world, with industry experts vetting nominations on the basis of their customer relations, creativity, quality of service, product innovation and business acumen.
Etihad was the first Middle Eastern airline to win the “World’s Leading Airline” award in 2009 and was credited for the excellence of its onboard product, luxurious airport lounges and strong service ethic during a period of phenomenal growth.
Mr Hogan added: “The aviation industry continues to face stern challenges whether it is in security, the global recession, or natural disasters like the ash cloud in Europe, but Etihad has shown that it is equipped to manage through these difficulties and still deliver the best product and service to its customers.”
Etihad’s success in London, taking many passengers and holidaymakers to luxury Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays caps a great year for the airline as it had won six titles at the WTA ceremony for the Middle East in May, including the coveted title as the region’s Leading Airline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Enjoy $200 Resort Coupons to use on Spa Treatments, Romantic Dinners and more
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
- Save more this March with discount savings plus 1st Child stays and Plays Free
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...