For the future of Mexico holidays the country promotes Convention Tourism
In order to boost Mexico holidays in the country's capital city of Mexico DF, the country's latest tactic is to promote Convention Tourism as way to capture travellers' attention and appeal to them with the city's many historical and cultural riches.
In the hope of giving the country's tourism a boost, particularly for the capital city of Mexico DF, and to ensure Cancun holidays re-gain their popularity, Mexico is promoting the development of business, fair and convention tourism, as a main foreign exchange generator.
During a Quality Award granting ceremony on Wednesday, Miguel Torruco Marques, president of the National Tourism Confederation (CNT), said that this kind of tourism-boosting tactics not only increases hotel occupancy, but also tourists' expenses, with a multiplying effect on the economy as a whole.
In this regard, he said that at least 112 international meetings were held in Mexico in 2009, generating income worth $309 million, and the expense per tourist was nearly six times more than that of the people who visited the country in other tourist form.
Torruco Marques added that 65 % of hotel occupancy in the Federal District of Mexico City is linked to holding events, fairs and congresses, a situation also frequently registered in cities like Monterrey and Guadalajara.
The main goals of CNT include developing a competitive destination to place Mexico DF among the favourite 15 cities for this type of tourism worldwide, thus regaining a leading place in the market of Mexico holidays.
To this end, Mexico boasts a world-class infrastructure, including hotels, international airports and 71 convention centres and fair sites, expected increase this year with the inauguration of three new such facilities.
Torruco on a final note added that tourism is set to become one of the country's economic solutions, as it generates jobs, captures foreign exchange and boosts development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Get up to $3600 resort credits to spend on luxurious extras like spa treatments, golf, excursions and so much more!
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Relax and rejuvenate at the world-class spa with 75 treatment rooms
- Dine at a wide choice of restaurants specialising in Italian, Asian and Mexican cuisine
- Enjoy Up to $3600 resort credit to spend on spa, excursions, golf and more
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Take advantage of the amazing perks available at the all-inclusive Grand Ocean Oasis Sens while on a long 15-day holiday...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...