For the future of Mexico holidays the country promotes Convention Tourism
In order to boost Mexico holidays in the country's capital city of Mexico DF, the country's latest tactic is to promote Convention Tourism as way to capture travellers' attention and appeal to them with the city's many historical and cultural riches.
In the hope of giving the country's tourism a boost, particularly for the capital city of Mexico DF, and to ensure Cancun holidays re-gain their popularity, Mexico is promoting the development of business, fair and convention tourism, as a main foreign exchange generator.
During a Quality Award granting ceremony on Wednesday, Miguel Torruco Marques, president of the National Tourism Confederation (CNT), said that this kind of tourism-boosting tactics not only increases hotel occupancy, but also tourists' expenses, with a multiplying effect on the economy as a whole.
In this regard, he said that at least 112 international meetings were held in Mexico in 2009, generating income worth $309 million, and the expense per tourist was nearly six times more than that of the people who visited the country in other tourist form.
Torruco Marques added that 65 % of hotel occupancy in the Federal District of Mexico City is linked to holding events, fairs and congresses, a situation also frequently registered in cities like Monterrey and Guadalajara.
The main goals of CNT include developing a competitive destination to place Mexico DF among the favourite 15 cities for this type of tourism worldwide, thus regaining a leading place in the market of Mexico holidays.
To this end, Mexico boasts a world-class infrastructure, including hotels, international airports and 71 convention centres and fair sites, expected increase this year with the inauguration of three new such facilities.
Torruco on a final note added that tourism is set to become one of the country's economic solutions, as it generates jobs, captures foreign exchange and boosts development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 5 glorious Swimming Pools
Live it up and Experience Cancun in unlimited luxury that knows no bounds at Dreams Sands Cancun Resort and Spa
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Chic guest rooms feature plush furnishings and ultra modern bathrooms, as well as fantastic amenities
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unwind at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- The Adults only resort promises great parties and is just 20 minutes from the nightlife of Cancun
- Travel from May onwards and enjoy a fantastic upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Pool View
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....
Playa del Carmen is one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Spend eight days revelling in the fine white sands...
Enjoy the best of Cancun in an eight-day retreat that will both relax and energise you completely. Your home for your...