For the future of Mexico holidays the country promotes Convention Tourism
In order to boost Mexico holidays in the country's capital city of Mexico DF, the country's latest tactic is to promote Convention Tourism as way to capture travellers' attention and appeal to them with the city's many historical and cultural riches.
In the hope of giving the country's tourism a boost, particularly for the capital city of Mexico DF, and to ensure Cancun holidays re-gain their popularity, Mexico is promoting the development of business, fair and convention tourism, as a main foreign exchange generator.
During a Quality Award granting ceremony on Wednesday, Miguel Torruco Marques, president of the National Tourism Confederation (CNT), said that this kind of tourism-boosting tactics not only increases hotel occupancy, but also tourists' expenses, with a multiplying effect on the economy as a whole.
In this regard, he said that at least 112 international meetings were held in Mexico in 2009, generating income worth $309 million, and the expense per tourist was nearly six times more than that of the people who visited the country in other tourist form.
Torruco Marques added that 65 % of hotel occupancy in the Federal District of Mexico City is linked to holding events, fairs and congresses, a situation also frequently registered in cities like Monterrey and Guadalajara.
The main goals of CNT include developing a competitive destination to place Mexico DF among the favourite 15 cities for this type of tourism worldwide, thus regaining a leading place in the market of Mexico holidays.
To this end, Mexico boasts a world-class infrastructure, including hotels, international airports and 71 convention centres and fair sites, expected increase this year with the inauguration of three new such facilities.
Torruco on a final note added that tourism is set to become one of the country's economic solutions, as it generates jobs, captures foreign exchange and boosts development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Let the Caribbean sunshine make you glow from the inside out when you stay at Cancun's Golden Parnassus resort - a truly luxurious all inclusive retreat where you'll be wanting for nothing.
- Take advantage of the superb facilities and enjoy a range of activities including water sports, mini golf and tennis
- A luxury all inclusive resort offering a relaxing adults-only environment ideal for a pampering beach holiday or romantic honeymoon
- Ideal location set by a beautiful white sand beach in Cancun with sweeping views of the Mexican Caribbean
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Kids can Stay, Play and Eat free at Moon Palace when travelling from 1st June to 31st August 2016 & October Half Term (17th - 31st October 2016)
- Moon Spa & Golf Club is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Golf and Spa Resort you will...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. Take eight days to...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...
Take a trip to the sunny side of life with an 8-day excursion to Mexico's lovely Caribbean Sea coastline. This is widely...