For the future of Mexico holidays the country promotes Convention Tourism
In order to boost Mexico holidays in the country's capital city of Mexico DF, the country's latest tactic is to promote Convention Tourism as way to capture travellers' attention and appeal to them with the city's many historical and cultural riches.
In the hope of giving the country's tourism a boost, particularly for the capital city of Mexico DF, and to ensure Cancun holidays re-gain their popularity, Mexico is promoting the development of business, fair and convention tourism, as a main foreign exchange generator.
During a Quality Award granting ceremony on Wednesday, Miguel Torruco Marques, president of the National Tourism Confederation (CNT), said that this kind of tourism-boosting tactics not only increases hotel occupancy, but also tourists' expenses, with a multiplying effect on the economy as a whole.
In this regard, he said that at least 112 international meetings were held in Mexico in 2009, generating income worth $309 million, and the expense per tourist was nearly six times more than that of the people who visited the country in other tourist form.
Torruco Marques added that 65 % of hotel occupancy in the Federal District of Mexico City is linked to holding events, fairs and congresses, a situation also frequently registered in cities like Monterrey and Guadalajara.
The main goals of CNT include developing a competitive destination to place Mexico DF among the favourite 15 cities for this type of tourism worldwide, thus regaining a leading place in the market of Mexico holidays.
To this end, Mexico boasts a world-class infrastructure, including hotels, international airports and 71 convention centres and fair sites, expected increase this year with the inauguration of three new such facilities.
Torruco on a final note added that tourism is set to become one of the country's economic solutions, as it generates jobs, captures foreign exchange and boosts development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a white sand beach
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Stay in an adults only Uultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy complimentary green fees at the nearby Playa Mujeres Golf Club
- Unlimited-Luxury privileges include gourmet dining at 7 restaurants and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 8 bars
The resort benefits from the privacy of a resort community creating an all-inclusive adults only oasis while still being close to the Cancun bars, shops and nightlife
- Sample gourmet cuisine from all over the world in nine Ã la carte restaurants
- An all-inclusive adults only oasis located on an untouched peninsula
- Located between the Caribbean sea and a wetlands reserve while still being close enough to lively Cancun
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting at Oasis Cancun Lite. Your...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Discover a world of entertainment and join in on the best, non-stop family fun at the all-inclusive Sea Adventure Resort...