Betting for cruising Abu Dhabi holidays
The joint partnership betweeen Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority and MSC Cruises will soon be providing worldwide holidaymakers with luxury cruises taking passengers along the Gulf's most inspiring shores.
Abu Dhabi’s ambition to become an international cruise hub and provide cruising Abu Dhabi holidays for worldwide travellers has received a significant boost, following the signing, between Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority (ADTA) and MSC Cruises of a landmark co-operation agreement that will see one of the world’s fastest growing cruise operator deploy one of its top vessels to the UAE capital on a homeport basis from October 2011.
Abu Dhabi’s anticipated elevation from port-of-call to homeport status strengthens the UAE capital’s nascent cruise tourism credentials and serves as a core enabler in ADTA’s strategy to attract 2.3 million hotel guests to the Emirates by the end of 2012.
Under the terms of the agreement, Abu Dhabi’s Mina Zayed Port will serve as the primary embarkation and disembarkation point for the Italian operator’s maiden regional itinerary – scheduled for the 2011-2012 season - using its luxury MSC Lirica liner.
With its ultra-modern fleet, MSC Cruises’ entry into the Arabian Gulf will see MSC Lirica - a 59,000-tons vessel with a capacity of 2,199 guests in 784 cabins - provide 19 eight-day/seven-night cruises covering five destinations between November 2011 and March 2012.
“MSC Cruises is proud to become the first cruise company to choose Abu Dhabi as a homeport.” said Pierfrancesco Vago, Chief Executive Officer, MSC Cruises. “With our state-of-the-art vessel MSC Lirica operating 95 calls and 19 rotations in the region, our presence will have a significant impact on the tourism industry of Abu Dhabi”. - said Mubarak Al Muhairi, Director General, ADTA.
The ADTA-MSC Cruises co-operation is a major coup of the authority’s Horizons Abu Dhabi programme, an incentive-based trade engagement initiative designed to attract innovative promotional concepts to stimulate consumer demand across the emirate’s rapidly-expanding tourism offerings.
The new pact will see the partners collaborate in a series of cross-marketing activities, leveraging their shared presence at international travel, tourism and cruise-specific shows. Taking in 14 different trade shows in 10 European and Asian countries, ADTA and MSC Cruises will share exhibition space for promotional purposes. ADTA and MSC Cruises will also jointly mount a year-long promotional and publicity campaign in more than 10 target markets to promote the MSC Lirica’s maiden season in the Gulf.
The luxurious MSC Lirica which will mark the official entry of MSC Cruises in the Emirates with 19 rotations in 2011-2012, features a sophisticated and elegant decor, superb attention to details in all areas, the finest Italian and international cuisine and a dazzling array of entertainment and activities.
Surrounding MSC Lirica’s 19 regional forays will be repositioning cruises from-and-to Genoa, Italy, on October 14th 2011 and on March 9th 2012.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 on Tripadvisor
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
- In the heart of Abu Dhabi next to Abu Dhabi Mall
Explore both Dubai and Abu Dhabi and stay at the five-star Hyatt Regency and Beach Rotana Hotel set in the heart of Abu Dhabi
- At Hyatt Regency there are incredible bars, clubs and restaurants right at the spot, including hip and trendy Sho Cho that's been taking Dubai's fashion set by storm
- The Hyatt Regency is a landmark hotel, centrally located in the heritage area of Deira, Dubai's historic district with stunning views over the city!
- The Beach Rotana has a great location with a private beach, beside a shopping mall and in the heart of the bustling city. It is 30 minutes from the airport
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Come and experience the dreamlike beauty of this stunning hotel at the coast of the famous Yas Island. With the beach...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Pearl Rotana benefits from a unique position in the heart of Abu Dhabi's business district, close to Abu Dhabi National...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...