BA's mobile boarding pass now available to blackberry users
After announcing that it will be increasing its number of Caribbean flights next year, British Airways launched a new Mobile Boarding Pass application which can be used by Blackberry users and will be available to users of Android smartphones next month.
British Airways have had a busy past few months with the announcement of increasing the number of Florida and Caribbean from 2011, and now the launch of its new Mobile Boarding Pass application for Blackberry users.
After its successful launch in July earlier this year for iPhone users, the application is now available on Blackberry phones, and from next month, Android-operated mobile smartphones.
Since the application was introduced, over 30,000 British Airways customers have used the Mobile Boarding Pass which can be used for any domestic BA flights and routes to European destinations.
British Airways Head of Digital Marketing, Chris Davies, said: "iPhone users have told us how incredibly convenient the Mobile Boarding Pass is so we're sure our customers who use BlackBerry's will love it too.
"Extending our successful Mobile Boarding Passes to Blackberry and Android users underlines our commitment to strengthen our mobile offering and enhance the overall travelling experience.
"It gives our customers increased control and makes travelling on British Airways even easier and smoother, allowing them to stay one step ahead."
BA is the first airline to develop the application for UK customers and over 250,000 customers have downloaded Mobile Boarding Pass from various stores including iTunes, Android App Store and Blackberry App World.
Customers will be able to have access to information about their flights and full integration about their Executive Club account details, plus a dedicated travel news section, FAQs and a link to the British Airways website. The new App is only available to British Airways Executive Club customers but free membership is available on ba.com.
The airline announced in the summer that it would be increasing its number of Caribbean flights departing Gatwick airport, from March 2011. Flights to Barbados, Cancun, Antigua, St. Lucia and Florida, Buenos Aires, and Sao Paulo will all be increased due to the success and demand of the airline's long-haul routes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Located on the Atlantic coast at the mouth of the Souss Valley, Agadir is Morocco’s slice of coastal cool....
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...