BA's mobile boarding pass now available to blackberry users
After announcing that it will be increasing its number of Caribbean flights next year, British Airways launched a new Mobile Boarding Pass application which can be used by Blackberry users and will be available to users of Android smartphones next month.
British Airways have had a busy past few months with the announcement of increasing the number of Florida and Caribbean from 2011, and now the launch of its new Mobile Boarding Pass application for Blackberry users.
After its successful launch in July earlier this year for iPhone users, the application is now available on Blackberry phones, and from next month, Android-operated mobile smartphones.
Since the application was introduced, over 30,000 British Airways customers have used the Mobile Boarding Pass which can be used for any domestic BA flights and routes to European destinations.
British Airways Head of Digital Marketing, Chris Davies, said: "iPhone users have told us how incredibly convenient the Mobile Boarding Pass is so we're sure our customers who use BlackBerry's will love it too.
"Extending our successful Mobile Boarding Passes to Blackberry and Android users underlines our commitment to strengthen our mobile offering and enhance the overall travelling experience.
"It gives our customers increased control and makes travelling on British Airways even easier and smoother, allowing them to stay one step ahead."
BA is the first airline to develop the application for UK customers and over 250,000 customers have downloaded Mobile Boarding Pass from various stores including iTunes, Android App Store and Blackberry App World.
Customers will be able to have access to information about their flights and full integration about their Executive Club account details, plus a dedicated travel news section, FAQs and a link to the British Airways website. The new App is only available to British Airways Executive Club customers but free membership is available on ba.com.
The airline announced in the summer that it would be increasing its number of Caribbean flights departing Gatwick airport, from March 2011. Flights to Barbados, Cancun, Antigua, St. Lucia and Florida, Buenos Aires, and Sao Paulo will all be increased due to the success and demand of the airline's long-haul routes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Book now and get a free upgrade to the sea view at Blau Varadero - limited availability
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...