BA's mobile boarding pass now available to blackberry users
After announcing that it will be increasing its number of Caribbean flights next year, British Airways launched a new Mobile Boarding Pass application which can be used by Blackberry users and will be available to users of Android smartphones next month.
British Airways have had a busy past few months with the announcement of increasing the number of Florida and Caribbean from 2011, and now the launch of its new Mobile Boarding Pass application for Blackberry users.
After its successful launch in July earlier this year for iPhone users, the application is now available on Blackberry phones, and from next month, Android-operated mobile smartphones.
Since the application was introduced, over 30,000 British Airways customers have used the Mobile Boarding Pass which can be used for any domestic BA flights and routes to European destinations.
British Airways Head of Digital Marketing, Chris Davies, said: "iPhone users have told us how incredibly convenient the Mobile Boarding Pass is so we're sure our customers who use BlackBerry's will love it too.
"Extending our successful Mobile Boarding Passes to Blackberry and Android users underlines our commitment to strengthen our mobile offering and enhance the overall travelling experience.
"It gives our customers increased control and makes travelling on British Airways even easier and smoother, allowing them to stay one step ahead."
BA is the first airline to develop the application for UK customers and over 250,000 customers have downloaded Mobile Boarding Pass from various stores including iTunes, Android App Store and Blackberry App World.
Customers will be able to have access to information about their flights and full integration about their Executive Club account details, plus a dedicated travel news section, FAQs and a link to the British Airways website. The new App is only available to British Airways Executive Club customers but free membership is available on ba.com.
The airline announced in the summer that it would be increasing its number of Caribbean flights departing Gatwick airport, from March 2011. Flights to Barbados, Cancun, Antigua, St. Lucia and Florida, Buenos Aires, and Sao Paulo will all be increased due to the success and demand of the airline's long-haul routes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...