Dominican Republic will host 17th Caribbean Cruise Conference
The 17th Annual Exhibition and Conference organised by the Florida and Caribbean Cruise Ship Association (FCCA will be hosted this year in the Caribbean city of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
Dominican tourism authorities expect the next cruise ship event to give a boost to Dominican Republic holidays during the 17th annual cruise ship conference to be held next week and hosted by the Florida and the Caribbean Cruises Association (FCCA).
Organisers of the event revealed that as many as 21 Central America and the Caribbean Tourism Ministers will come to the country to participate in the conference. Tourism Deputy minister Magaly Toribio also added that the event is to be held from Monday to Friday this week in Santo Domingo’s Jaragua and Melia hotels, with cruise line executives, tour operators, travel and ship agents and suppliers attending.
The Dominican Republic Ministry of Tourism is hosting the annual event with participants including the key owners and managers of cruise ship companies. Michelle Paige, president of FCCA, explained that the Dominican Republic was selected as the host nation this year because of the sector’s solid growth in terms of numbers. She explained that the cruise ship sector in the Dominican Republic is expected to grow by 5% this year, in comparison to last year’s numbers.
She called the event greatly important because cruise lines purchasing directors will meet with services providers from the Dominican Republic and the Caribbean for the first time. “For the first time in this type of event the cruise lines’ purchasing managers would participate, which is a magnificent opportunity for our country to continue growing as supplier of products the cruise lines buy for the consumption of their passengers and crew, such as beer, cigarettes and farm products", she said.
According to the Ministry of Tourism, foreign exchange earnings generated by the cruise ship industry in the Dominican Republic holidays market, averaged some $80 million per year. Each cruise ship that enters one of the country’s ports generates an average of $200,000. Currently, some 400 cruise ships are traveling to the Dominican Republic annually.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Free upgrade to the Superior Deluxe Room
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Answer the call of the Dominican Republic's third-largest city and plunge into a world of lush tropical jungles and...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...
Spend eight days lazing in the abundant Punta Cana sunshine as you enjoy the best in hospitality that the Dominican...
Don't miss out on the ultimate 8-day Caribbean experience at the all-inclusive Be Live Hamaca in Punta Cana, Dominican...