Tea plantations become hotspot for Sri Lanka holidays
Travellers who enjoy a nice cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be in their element in the Bogawantalawa Valley, where tea plantations are vast within stunning surroundings featuring traditional luxury accommodation.
Tourists who look forward to a proper cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be spoilt for choice in the region's stunning tea plantations in the scenic Bogawantalawa Valley.
The picturesque region is just four hours from the island nation's capital city, Colombo, and travellers can stay amid beautiful surroundings in plantation bungalows, within working tea estates.
Tea trails offers luxury holidays in Sri Lanka in authentic colonial bungalows, which were built between 1890 and 1939 in a working tea estate, and offer an alternative to Sri Lanka hotels whilst providing luxury accommodation and facilities.
Guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays can choose from four traditional bungalows situated between 5 and 15 km of each other near the Castlereagh Lake in gorgeous tea plantations.
The Norwood Bungalow features spacious suites with authentic period furniture, a lounge and library, a croquet lawn and swimming pool; Summerville is situated close to the lake and features four guest rooms with views looking over the sparkling lake, and cosy fireplaces; Castlereagh offers views of the lake and summerhouses spread across the grounds where guests can enjoy high tea; and Tientsin features colonial English architecture and design with six rooms which open out onto traditional English gardens and beautiful terraced rose gardens.
During their Sri Lanka holidays, guests can experience the crucial tea-making process, from visiting the planted tea and plucking the leaves, to turning the leaves into tea, which can be consumed later.
Guests can enjoy a range of walking trails in the area or take part in mountain biking or hikes up the nearby Adam's Peak, followed by traditional afternoon tea amid breathtaking and peaceful surroundings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Settle into a haven of tranquility at a luxury boutique hotel that is a member of the prestigious Small Luxury Hotels of the World
- Offers a wide range of facilities including Bike Riding, Windsurfing, Kite Surfing & more
- Accommodation designed by the World-Famous local Architect Geoffrey Bawa
- Enjoy a choice of Wines specially selected for Jetwing
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
This holiday offers an amazing combination of adventure and discovery before a relaxing stay on the beach
- Jetwing Beach has a breathtaking costal location offering the chance to relax on the pristine beach
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Tour is an adventures dream where you will discover the jewels of Kandy
- This holiday is perfectly combined to ensure adventure and relaxation are evenly matched which makes for an unforgettable holiday
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...