Tea plantations become hotspot for Sri Lanka holidays
Travellers who enjoy a nice cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be in their element in the Bogawantalawa Valley, where tea plantations are vast within stunning surroundings featuring traditional luxury accommodation.
Tourists who look forward to a proper cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be spoilt for choice in the region's stunning tea plantations in the scenic Bogawantalawa Valley.
The picturesque region is just four hours from the island nation's capital city, Colombo, and travellers can stay amid beautiful surroundings in plantation bungalows, within working tea estates.
Tea trails offers luxury holidays in Sri Lanka in authentic colonial bungalows, which were built between 1890 and 1939 in a working tea estate, and offer an alternative to Sri Lanka hotels whilst providing luxury accommodation and facilities.
Guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays can choose from four traditional bungalows situated between 5 and 15 km of each other near the Castlereagh Lake in gorgeous tea plantations.
The Norwood Bungalow features spacious suites with authentic period furniture, a lounge and library, a croquet lawn and swimming pool; Summerville is situated close to the lake and features four guest rooms with views looking over the sparkling lake, and cosy fireplaces; Castlereagh offers views of the lake and summerhouses spread across the grounds where guests can enjoy high tea; and Tientsin features colonial English architecture and design with six rooms which open out onto traditional English gardens and beautiful terraced rose gardens.
During their Sri Lanka holidays, guests can experience the crucial tea-making process, from visiting the planted tea and plucking the leaves, to turning the leaves into tea, which can be consumed later.
Guests can enjoy a range of walking trails in the area or take part in mountain biking or hikes up the nearby Adam's Peak, followed by traditional afternoon tea amid breathtaking and peaceful surroundings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Located in Negombo, on the west coast of Sri Lanka, Club Dolphin offers a relaxing and comfortable stay at the heart of one of Asia's most diverse countries.
- Cottages are spread throughout the gardens and have air conditioning, mini fridge and cable TV
- Club Dolphin is set in acres of coconut groves, beside a golden sand beach and backing onto a canal
- The hotel has two pools, one activity pool and a quiet pool, with the main pool winding through the resort
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Marvel at the Magnificent Taj Mahal and discover the Forts of Rajasthan then head south to enjoy an all inclusive beach holiday in Sri Lanka
- Enjoy a Horse Carriage & ride while visiting the Taj Mahal & Elephant Ride to Amber Fort*
- Enjoy a Rajasthani Feast in Jaipur
- Complete your stay with an All Inclusive break in Sri Lanka - Staying at the Beachside Haven Tangerine Beach
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
A luxurious gem of a five-star hotel, the Heritance Ahungalla is a living piece of astounding architecture that allows...
Surrounded by vast paddy fields and exceptional natural beauty, the Kithala Resort is a true tropical haven as one...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....