Tea plantations become hotspot for Sri Lanka holidays
Travellers who enjoy a nice cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be in their element in the Bogawantalawa Valley, where tea plantations are vast within stunning surroundings featuring traditional luxury accommodation.
Tourists who look forward to a proper cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be spoilt for choice in the region's stunning tea plantations in the scenic Bogawantalawa Valley.
The picturesque region is just four hours from the island nation's capital city, Colombo, and travellers can stay amid beautiful surroundings in plantation bungalows, within working tea estates.
Tea trails offers luxury holidays in Sri Lanka in authentic colonial bungalows, which were built between 1890 and 1939 in a working tea estate, and offer an alternative to Sri Lanka hotels whilst providing luxury accommodation and facilities.
Guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays can choose from four traditional bungalows situated between 5 and 15 km of each other near the Castlereagh Lake in gorgeous tea plantations.
The Norwood Bungalow features spacious suites with authentic period furniture, a lounge and library, a croquet lawn and swimming pool; Summerville is situated close to the lake and features four guest rooms with views looking over the sparkling lake, and cosy fireplaces; Castlereagh offers views of the lake and summerhouses spread across the grounds where guests can enjoy high tea; and Tientsin features colonial English architecture and design with six rooms which open out onto traditional English gardens and beautiful terraced rose gardens.
During their Sri Lanka holidays, guests can experience the crucial tea-making process, from visiting the planted tea and plucking the leaves, to turning the leaves into tea, which can be consumed later.
Guests can enjoy a range of walking trails in the area or take part in mountain biking or hikes up the nearby Adam's Peak, followed by traditional afternoon tea amid breathtaking and peaceful surroundings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Enjoy a relaxing stay in an ideal setting surrounded by lush frangipanis, swaying palms and the glistening blue waters of Bentota's beaches.
- Discover Sri Lanka's cultural wonders from a soothing luxury retreat oozing 18th century charm
- Bask in acres of lush gardens framed by frangipani trees and facing a secluded golden sand beach
- Be wowed by the Dine by Design concept, allowing you to eat out in an array of scenic settings
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Price includes free Half Board Upgrade
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting a la carte menus and buffet style
Enjoy a wonderful beachside haven of tranquillity, days of luxury and the chance to see the island's green hills carpeted by lush plantations
- All rooms feature a Balcony or Terrace with spectacular views
- Enjoy the huge selection of activities including Volleyball, Tennis, Squash & more
- Relax at the Ayurveda Wellness & Spa with the best quality services that will make your stay unforgettable
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour and Beach showcases some of the most cultural and historic sites in the world,...
This fantastic package allows you to discover the delights of the Superior Golden Triangle Tour where you will explore...
Mount Lavinia is one of Sri Lanka's oldest hotel and with its impressive 200 plus years of heritage it has...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...