Tea plantations become hotspot for Sri Lanka holidays
Travellers who enjoy a nice cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be in their element in the Bogawantalawa Valley, where tea plantations are vast within stunning surroundings featuring traditional luxury accommodation.
Tourists who look forward to a proper cup of tea during their Sri Lanka holidays will be spoilt for choice in the region's stunning tea plantations in the scenic Bogawantalawa Valley.
The picturesque region is just four hours from the island nation's capital city, Colombo, and travellers can stay amid beautiful surroundings in plantation bungalows, within working tea estates.
Tea trails offers luxury holidays in Sri Lanka in authentic colonial bungalows, which were built between 1890 and 1939 in a working tea estate, and offer an alternative to Sri Lanka hotels whilst providing luxury accommodation and facilities.
Guests enjoying Sri Lanka holidays can choose from four traditional bungalows situated between 5 and 15 km of each other near the Castlereagh Lake in gorgeous tea plantations.
The Norwood Bungalow features spacious suites with authentic period furniture, a lounge and library, a croquet lawn and swimming pool; Summerville is situated close to the lake and features four guest rooms with views looking over the sparkling lake, and cosy fireplaces; Castlereagh offers views of the lake and summerhouses spread across the grounds where guests can enjoy high tea; and Tientsin features colonial English architecture and design with six rooms which open out onto traditional English gardens and beautiful terraced rose gardens.
During their Sri Lanka holidays, guests can experience the crucial tea-making process, from visiting the planted tea and plucking the leaves, to turning the leaves into tea, which can be consumed later.
Guests can enjoy a range of walking trails in the area or take part in mountain biking or hikes up the nearby Adam's Peak, followed by traditional afternoon tea amid breathtaking and peaceful surroundings.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Sri Lanka Browse all
Discover local life in a fishing village, explore rainforests, Temples and much more on Sri Lanka's West Coast, and enjoy great value for money
- All rooms include a balcony or terrace with either Partial Sea View or Ocean View
- Enjoy Yoga, Snooker, access to 2 Swimming Pools & much more
- Access to the Sahana Spa and leave your daily stress behind with the magical touch of various spa treatments
Enjoy the peace and quite with a good choice of amenities and great location to discover the world of Sri Lanka
- Warm atmosphere and chic design make for a comfortable stay
- Tripadvisor Award Winner with a certificate of excellence for 2015
- Enjoy the amazing traditional and international cuisines presented in tempting Ã la carte menus and buffet style
- price includes free Half Board Upgrade
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Soak up the wonderful sights and sound of one of the Jewels of the Indian Ocean
- Capture sights of any of the 'Big Five' on your game drives
- The perfect location for hiking and cycling with excellent trails and cool climate in N'Eliya
- Climb up the Ritigala for a unique sight and stone stairway
Discover a world of peace and relaxation at the all-inclusive Mermaid Hotel Club in the gorgeous Kalutura Beach, Sri...
Sri Lanka has quietly become a leading tourist destination as tourists seek to soak up the sunshine that pours down on...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...
Avani Bentota is set in eight acres of lush frangipanis and coconut palms by the golden sands of Bentota. This hotel...