Dominican Republic holidays celebrated dedicated day at Shaghai's 2010 Expo
During Shanghai's 2010 Universal Exhibit Dominican Republic Day was celebrated with a performance by world-renowned Dominican musician and 5-time Grammy winner Merengue singer, Juan Luis Gerra.
Dominican Republic Day and Dominican Republic holidays were recently celebrated during Shanghai’s 2010 Universal Exhibit which served to open new possibilities to establish diplomatic relations with China.
A Dominican delegation presided by Tourism minister Francisco Javier Garcia participated in the celebrations with the special attendance of the great Dominican musician, composer and singer Juan Luis Guerra who made a performance in the Expo, inviting attendees to join in and dance along his intoxicating merengue rythms. Many practiced their dancing steps which they can learn during Dominican Republic holidays, as many resorts offer free dancing lessons as part of their entertainment activities.
Garcia was received by Chinese International Trade Promotion Council (CCPIT) vice president Wang Jinsheng, who headed a ceremony.
For the first time in history, Chinese Liberation Army soldiers in dress uniform raised the Dominican flag on their soil, to meet later and in their opening speeches, among other things, declare both countries’ position toward closer ties.
"We wish to continue bolstering trade relations more and more between both countries, so that in the near future we expand those ties, and that the interchange between us is complete and absolute," Garcia said.
Garcia said to the press that "we are going to try to remove the greater possible benefit, as much by the Chinese side as by the Dominican side, the economic relations, and are going to create the modality so that the Chinese citizens can visit the Dominicana" Republic.
Garcia stated his country’s interest in becoming an attraction for the constantly growing market of Chinese tourists
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Enjoy the relaxed vibes of the all inclusive resort in Punta Cana, complete with exclusive extras for couples!
- Enjoy a la carte cuisine in La Gondola, La perla or grills at media luna
- The resort is set in a picturesque location beside a secluded stretch of beach at Punta Cana
- Receive a 10% discount at the hotel spa
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...