The Holiday Place hosts special "Pink Foodie Friday" to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research
Last 15th October, The Holiday Place held a special pink "Foodie Friday" event which saw many employees bringin homemade dishes to the office and selling them to other employees in order to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research UK.
Last Friday 15th October, The Holiday Place dressed itself in bright pink colours as employees united to host a special fund-raising event to honouring Breast Cancer Awareness Month and gathering funds for donating to the Breast Cancer Research Charity.
Labelled as “Pink Foodie Friday” the event involved various volunteers from the office cooking and baking homemade dishes and desserts, which were then laid out in the “Chill Out Room” and offered to other employees for lunch. The buffet consisted of delicious sweet and savoury creations and all employees that dug in payed a £4 fee for filling their plate. All the money gathered during the food fest went towards a cheque that was eventually sent to this important charity, the largest single funder of breast cancer research in the UK.
During The Holiday Place’s special "Pink Foodie Friday", as many as 18 employees brought freshly made dishes made from mouth-watering home recipes and there were two home-baked cakes dressed in pink frosting for the occasion. At the end of the day, a total of £185 was collected and put into a cheque that was later sent to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
The Breast Cancer Foundation is the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. Last year alone, Cancer Research UK spent nearly £45 million on life-saving research into curing, treating and preventing breast cancer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj mahal of Agra
- Perfect tour to introduce you to India, Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour.
- Experience the street life of Delhi, Delhi is a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...