The Holiday Place hosts special "Pink Foodie Friday" to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research
Last 15th October, The Holiday Place held a special pink "Foodie Friday" event which saw many employees bringin homemade dishes to the office and selling them to other employees in order to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research UK.
Last Friday 15th October, The Holiday Place dressed itself in bright pink colours as employees united to host a special fund-raising event to honouring Breast Cancer Awareness Month and gathering funds for donating to the Breast Cancer Research Charity.
Labelled as “Pink Foodie Friday” the event involved various volunteers from the office cooking and baking homemade dishes and desserts, which were then laid out in the “Chill Out Room” and offered to other employees for lunch. The buffet consisted of delicious sweet and savoury creations and all employees that dug in payed a £4 fee for filling their plate. All the money gathered during the food fest went towards a cheque that was eventually sent to this important charity, the largest single funder of breast cancer research in the UK.
During The Holiday Place’s special "Pink Foodie Friday", as many as 18 employees brought freshly made dishes made from mouth-watering home recipes and there were two home-baked cakes dressed in pink frosting for the occasion. At the end of the day, a total of £185 was collected and put into a cheque that was later sent to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
The Breast Cancer Foundation is the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. Last year alone, Cancer Research UK spent nearly £45 million on life-saving research into curing, treating and preventing breast cancer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...