The Holiday Place hosts special "Pink Foodie Friday" to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research
Last 15th October, The Holiday Place held a special pink "Foodie Friday" event which saw many employees bringin homemade dishes to the office and selling them to other employees in order to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research UK.
Last Friday 15th October, The Holiday Place dressed itself in bright pink colours as employees united to host a special fund-raising event to honouring Breast Cancer Awareness Month and gathering funds for donating to the Breast Cancer Research Charity.
Labelled as “Pink Foodie Friday” the event involved various volunteers from the office cooking and baking homemade dishes and desserts, which were then laid out in the “Chill Out Room” and offered to other employees for lunch. The buffet consisted of delicious sweet and savoury creations and all employees that dug in payed a £4 fee for filling their plate. All the money gathered during the food fest went towards a cheque that was eventually sent to this important charity, the largest single funder of breast cancer research in the UK.
During The Holiday Place’s special "Pink Foodie Friday", as many as 18 employees brought freshly made dishes made from mouth-watering home recipes and there were two home-baked cakes dressed in pink frosting for the occasion. At the end of the day, a total of £185 was collected and put into a cheque that was later sent to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
The Breast Cancer Foundation is the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. Last year alone, Cancer Research UK spent nearly £45 million on life-saving research into curing, treating and preventing breast cancer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
A warm welcome awaits you behind the striking geometric façade of Holiday Inn Express Dubai-Jumeirah, 20 minutes by taxi...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...