The Holiday Place hosts special "Pink Foodie Friday" to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research
Last 15th October, The Holiday Place held a special pink "Foodie Friday" event which saw many employees bringin homemade dishes to the office and selling them to other employees in order to raise funds for Breast Cancer Research UK.
Last Friday 15th October, The Holiday Place dressed itself in bright pink colours as employees united to host a special fund-raising event to honouring Breast Cancer Awareness Month and gathering funds for donating to the Breast Cancer Research Charity.
Labelled as “Pink Foodie Friday” the event involved various volunteers from the office cooking and baking homemade dishes and desserts, which were then laid out in the “Chill Out Room” and offered to other employees for lunch. The buffet consisted of delicious sweet and savoury creations and all employees that dug in payed a £4 fee for filling their plate. All the money gathered during the food fest went towards a cheque that was eventually sent to this important charity, the largest single funder of breast cancer research in the UK.
During The Holiday Place’s special "Pink Foodie Friday", as many as 18 employees brought freshly made dishes made from mouth-watering home recipes and there were two home-baked cakes dressed in pink frosting for the occasion. At the end of the day, a total of £185 was collected and put into a cheque that was later sent to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
The Breast Cancer Foundation is the world's leading charity dedicated to beating cancer through research. Last year alone, Cancer Research UK spent nearly £45 million on life-saving research into curing, treating and preventing breast cancer.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...