More South American travellers taking Cuba holidays
It has been reported by Cuba's Ministry of Tourism that more South American travellers than ever are showing an interest in the island as a prime holiday destination and an importante place of interest to visit.
There has been a significant surge in the number of southern continental travellers showing interest in Cuba holidays. The wave of South American visitors to Cuba increased by 12% in the first nine months of this year, according to a statement released by Luis Felipe Aguilera, from the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR).
Aguilera, who is Director of the Information and Promotion Department for South America, told Prensa Latina (Cuba's main international news agency) that his forecast is to close the year with over 115,000 South American visitors, marking a significant increase of over 25 % more South American holidaymakers choosing to go on Cuba holidays compared to last year, when around 85,000 travellers from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay visited the Island.
"The number of visitors from main tourist markets is falling; therefore, we decided to implement a promotion campaign titled Authentic Cuba," he said.
Commenting on the different factors that could have contributed to this unprecendented interest shown by South American travellers who are now showing more interest than ever in spending their holidays in Cuba, he said the success was due to unique Cuban attributes such "authenticity" and "unique history background".
"It is very flexible and adapts to different means; it is very authentic, as its name indicates; it shows the strength of our destination and approaches what the client expects when visiting the country," he further explained.
Recently, Mr Aguilera presented the latest "Autentica Cuba" promotion campaign during the 7th Encotur Fair held from 13th to 14th October in Montevideo, Mexico, where a six-minute video showing the beauty of Cuba's landscape was screened.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...