More South American travellers taking Cuba holidays
It has been reported by Cuba's Ministry of Tourism that more South American travellers than ever are showing an interest in the island as a prime holiday destination and an importante place of interest to visit.
There has been a significant surge in the number of southern continental travellers showing interest in Cuba holidays. The wave of South American visitors to Cuba increased by 12% in the first nine months of this year, according to a statement released by Luis Felipe Aguilera, from the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR).
Aguilera, who is Director of the Information and Promotion Department for South America, told Prensa Latina (Cuba's main international news agency) that his forecast is to close the year with over 115,000 South American visitors, marking a significant increase of over 25 % more South American holidaymakers choosing to go on Cuba holidays compared to last year, when around 85,000 travellers from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay visited the Island.
"The number of visitors from main tourist markets is falling; therefore, we decided to implement a promotion campaign titled Authentic Cuba," he said.
Commenting on the different factors that could have contributed to this unprecendented interest shown by South American travellers who are now showing more interest than ever in spending their holidays in Cuba, he said the success was due to unique Cuban attributes such "authenticity" and "unique history background".
"It is very flexible and adapts to different means; it is very authentic, as its name indicates; it shows the strength of our destination and approaches what the client expects when visiting the country," he further explained.
Recently, Mr Aguilera presented the latest "Autentica Cuba" promotion campaign during the 7th Encotur Fair held from 13th to 14th October in Montevideo, Mexico, where a six-minute video showing the beauty of Cuba's landscape was screened.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 28th Feb
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
One of Havana's most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the NH Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...