More South American travellers taking Cuba holidays
It has been reported by Cuba's Ministry of Tourism that more South American travellers than ever are showing an interest in the island as a prime holiday destination and an importante place of interest to visit.
There has been a significant surge in the number of southern continental travellers showing interest in Cuba holidays. The wave of South American visitors to Cuba increased by 12% in the first nine months of this year, according to a statement released by Luis Felipe Aguilera, from the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR).
Aguilera, who is Director of the Information and Promotion Department for South America, told Prensa Latina (Cuba's main international news agency) that his forecast is to close the year with over 115,000 South American visitors, marking a significant increase of over 25 % more South American holidaymakers choosing to go on Cuba holidays compared to last year, when around 85,000 travellers from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay visited the Island.
"The number of visitors from main tourist markets is falling; therefore, we decided to implement a promotion campaign titled Authentic Cuba," he said.
Commenting on the different factors that could have contributed to this unprecendented interest shown by South American travellers who are now showing more interest than ever in spending their holidays in Cuba, he said the success was due to unique Cuban attributes such "authenticity" and "unique history background".
"It is very flexible and adapts to different means; it is very authentic, as its name indicates; it shows the strength of our destination and approaches what the client expects when visiting the country," he further explained.
Recently, Mr Aguilera presented the latest "Autentica Cuba" promotion campaign during the 7th Encotur Fair held from 13th to 14th October in Montevideo, Mexico, where a six-minute video showing the beauty of Cuba's landscape was screened.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...