More South American travellers taking Cuba holidays
It has been reported by Cuba's Ministry of Tourism that more South American travellers than ever are showing an interest in the island as a prime holiday destination and an importante place of interest to visit.
There has been a significant surge in the number of southern continental travellers showing interest in Cuba holidays. The wave of South American visitors to Cuba increased by 12% in the first nine months of this year, according to a statement released by Luis Felipe Aguilera, from the Cuban Ministry of Tourism (MINTUR).
Aguilera, who is Director of the Information and Promotion Department for South America, told Prensa Latina (Cuba's main international news agency) that his forecast is to close the year with over 115,000 South American visitors, marking a significant increase of over 25 % more South American holidaymakers choosing to go on Cuba holidays compared to last year, when around 85,000 travellers from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Paraguay, Peru and Uruguay visited the Island.
"The number of visitors from main tourist markets is falling; therefore, we decided to implement a promotion campaign titled Authentic Cuba," he said.
Commenting on the different factors that could have contributed to this unprecendented interest shown by South American travellers who are now showing more interest than ever in spending their holidays in Cuba, he said the success was due to unique Cuban attributes such "authenticity" and "unique history background".
"It is very flexible and adapts to different means; it is very authentic, as its name indicates; it shows the strength of our destination and approaches what the client expects when visiting the country," he further explained.
Recently, Mr Aguilera presented the latest "Autentica Cuba" promotion campaign during the 7th Encotur Fair held from 13th to 14th October in Montevideo, Mexico, where a six-minute video showing the beauty of Cuba's landscape was screened.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
This carefully selected combination of hotels combines a stay in Havana with a stay upon the coast of Varadero. Start...