Showcasing Cuba holidays in Uruguayan Fair
As part of the Autentica Cuba campaign which the island's ministry of tourism has created to show the best of Cuba to the world, Uruguay has been the next destination to witness Autentica Cuba's display of the island's rich and varied tourism products.
Just last Wednesday a new campaign promoting Cuba holidays was presented by the island's Ministry of Tourism during a special exhibition at the opening of the VII Uruguay´s Tourism Fair Encotur 2010, attended by Hector Lescano, Uruguay''s Minister of Tourism.
As part as the Caribbean island's new promotional campaign entitled Authentic Cuba, Luis Felipe Aguilera, director of the Office of Information and Tourist Promotion of the island for the Southern Cone, showed a six-minute video showcasing the various attractions that can be visited during holidays in Cuba.
Aguilera said that the material shows the excellent conditions in Cuba for enjoying the sun and beaches, and other values such as authenticity, security and the rich cultural, historical and natural heritage.
In addition to the views of different touristic places of the island such as its capital Havana and Varadero, the background music is tempered by prominent bands such as Los Muñequitos de Matanzas, Klimax and Pupi y los que Son Son.
At the opening of the meeting, Lescano said that the so-called "smokeless industry" will have a central place in public policies in Uruguay for supporting the private sector, which is essential in the development of the activity, he said.
The seventh version of Encotur, a marketing meeting in the region, has 70 Latin American exhibitors and the exhibitions will end on Wednesday.
On Thursday, a business conference is scheduled in which companies invited by the exhibitors will participate in the VIP lounge of the event
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...