Showcasing Cuba holidays in Uruguayan Fair
As part of the Autentica Cuba campaign which the island's ministry of tourism has created to show the best of Cuba to the world, Uruguay has been the next destination to witness Autentica Cuba's display of the island's rich and varied tourism products.
Just last Wednesday a new campaign promoting Cuba holidays was presented by the island's Ministry of Tourism during a special exhibition at the opening of the VII Uruguay´s Tourism Fair Encotur 2010, attended by Hector Lescano, Uruguay''s Minister of Tourism.
As part as the Caribbean island's new promotional campaign entitled Authentic Cuba, Luis Felipe Aguilera, director of the Office of Information and Tourist Promotion of the island for the Southern Cone, showed a six-minute video showcasing the various attractions that can be visited during holidays in Cuba.
Aguilera said that the material shows the excellent conditions in Cuba for enjoying the sun and beaches, and other values such as authenticity, security and the rich cultural, historical and natural heritage.
In addition to the views of different touristic places of the island such as its capital Havana and Varadero, the background music is tempered by prominent bands such as Los Muñequitos de Matanzas, Klimax and Pupi y los que Son Son.
At the opening of the meeting, Lescano said that the so-called "smokeless industry" will have a central place in public policies in Uruguay for supporting the private sector, which is essential in the development of the activity, he said.
The seventh version of Encotur, a marketing meeting in the region, has 70 Latin American exhibitors and the exhibitions will end on Wednesday.
On Thursday, a business conference is scheduled in which companies invited by the exhibitors will participate in the VIP lounge of the event
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...