Showcasing Cuba holidays in Uruguayan Fair
As part of the Autentica Cuba campaign which the island's ministry of tourism has created to show the best of Cuba to the world, Uruguay has been the next destination to witness Autentica Cuba's display of the island's rich and varied tourism products.
Just last Wednesday a new campaign promoting Cuba holidays was presented by the island's Ministry of Tourism during a special exhibition at the opening of the VII Uruguay´s Tourism Fair Encotur 2010, attended by Hector Lescano, Uruguay''s Minister of Tourism.
As part as the Caribbean island's new promotional campaign entitled Authentic Cuba, Luis Felipe Aguilera, director of the Office of Information and Tourist Promotion of the island for the Southern Cone, showed a six-minute video showcasing the various attractions that can be visited during holidays in Cuba.
Aguilera said that the material shows the excellent conditions in Cuba for enjoying the sun and beaches, and other values such as authenticity, security and the rich cultural, historical and natural heritage.
In addition to the views of different touristic places of the island such as its capital Havana and Varadero, the background music is tempered by prominent bands such as Los Muñequitos de Matanzas, Klimax and Pupi y los que Son Son.
At the opening of the meeting, Lescano said that the so-called "smokeless industry" will have a central place in public policies in Uruguay for supporting the private sector, which is essential in the development of the activity, he said.
The seventh version of Encotur, a marketing meeting in the region, has 70 Latin American exhibitors and the exhibitions will end on Wednesday.
On Thursday, a business conference is scheduled in which companies invited by the exhibitors will participate in the VIP lounge of the event
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...