Ricky Skerritt selected as new chairman of Caribbean Tourism Organisation
St. Kitts and Nevis have been selected for the two-year chairmanship of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation after voting took place on the eve of the first Leadership Strategy Conference, bringing together delegates from the Caribbean holidays industry.
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) has selected St. Kitts and Nevis for the chairmanship of the Caribbean's official tourism development agency.
The chairmanship vote took place on the eve of the debut Leadership Strategy Conference and the Council of Ministers selected the Minister of Tourism and International Transport for St. Kitts and Nevis, Hon, Ricky Skerritt, as the new chairman of the CTO for the next two years, taking over from Hon. John Maginley of Antigua and Barbuda.
"These are challenging times for tourism around the world, but no sector is more critical to our region's economic future," Sen. Skerritt announced.
"I believe that with the right leadership strategy I am confident that we can achieve our goal of establishing the Caribbean as the world's premier warm-weather travel destination, with genuinely caring people and world class products"
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation specialises in the development of sustainable tourism and Caribbean holidays to benefit the lives of its Caribbean people. The organisation was established in 1989 with the merger of the Caribbean Tourism Association and the Caribbean Tourism Research and Development Centre. The organisation is made up over 30 countries in the Caribbean with headquarters in Barbados.
Key issues at the first-ever Leadership Strategy Conference included security, taxes, destination branding, new market development and the increased use of social media to promote Caribbean holidays and build the tourism brand.
Situated in the West Indies with the west side of the island bordering the Caribbean Sea, the beautiful islands of St. Kitts and Nevis offer tranquil surroundings, volcanic peaks and fantastic spots for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The island nation offers idyllic St. Kitts holidays for travellers looking for tropical rainforests, lakes, and winding rivers which provide fresh water to the residents and businesses.
The two islands, shaped like a baseball bat and a ball, are home to a number of tropical birds, monkeys, and thriving marine life including coral reef, sea turtles, nurse sharks, eels, rays and barracudas which dart in and out of underwater wrecks, caves and walls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Delight in the best Cuba has to offer with this stunning beach and city twin centre holiday
- Add Havana half-day tour from £49pp, taking in Revolution Square, Malecón and the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Old Havana
- Iberostar Tainos is designed in the style of a traditional Caribbean village with two-storey bungalows that comprise spacious and elegant rooms
- Enjoy a historic stay in Havana at the NH Capri Hotel, which opened in 1957 and was initially run by the mafia
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Discover the relaxing Varadero and sink into sublim tranquillity
- Experience the beauty of Varadero Beach where you can relax and unwind on the tranquil white sandy beaches whilst enjoying the 24-hrs All-inclusive offered at the Luxurious Iberostar Varadero
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Central Park
- Discover Cuba whilst staying at the 2 Top rated TripAdvisor hotels in Cuba
Soak up the history and culture in Havana before a luxurious stay at one of Varadero's most stunning beachfront resorts
- Rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi at Parque Central where you can look over the spectacular city of Havana
- Bella Vista sits on Varadero's pristine stretch of beach with 24-Hour all-inclusive services
- Endless range of facilities and activities for the perfect stay in your beachfront paradise
- Discover Havana’s timeless, charismatic and bustling streets with a Havana city tour
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...