Ricky Skerritt selected as new chairman of Caribbean Tourism Organisation
St. Kitts and Nevis have been selected for the two-year chairmanship of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation after voting took place on the eve of the first Leadership Strategy Conference, bringing together delegates from the Caribbean holidays industry.
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) has selected St. Kitts and Nevis for the chairmanship of the Caribbean's official tourism development agency.
The chairmanship vote took place on the eve of the debut Leadership Strategy Conference and the Council of Ministers selected the Minister of Tourism and International Transport for St. Kitts and Nevis, Hon, Ricky Skerritt, as the new chairman of the CTO for the next two years, taking over from Hon. John Maginley of Antigua and Barbuda.
"These are challenging times for tourism around the world, but no sector is more critical to our region's economic future," Sen. Skerritt announced.
"I believe that with the right leadership strategy I am confident that we can achieve our goal of establishing the Caribbean as the world's premier warm-weather travel destination, with genuinely caring people and world class products"
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation specialises in the development of sustainable tourism and Caribbean holidays to benefit the lives of its Caribbean people. The organisation was established in 1989 with the merger of the Caribbean Tourism Association and the Caribbean Tourism Research and Development Centre. The organisation is made up over 30 countries in the Caribbean with headquarters in Barbados.
Key issues at the first-ever Leadership Strategy Conference included security, taxes, destination branding, new market development and the increased use of social media to promote Caribbean holidays and build the tourism brand.
Situated in the West Indies with the west side of the island bordering the Caribbean Sea, the beautiful islands of St. Kitts and Nevis offer tranquil surroundings, volcanic peaks and fantastic spots for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The island nation offers idyllic St. Kitts holidays for travellers looking for tropical rainforests, lakes, and winding rivers which provide fresh water to the residents and businesses.
The two islands, shaped like a baseball bat and a ball, are home to a number of tropical birds, monkeys, and thriving marine life including coral reef, sea turtles, nurse sharks, eels, rays and barracudas which dart in and out of underwater wrecks, caves and walls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Enjoy a fantastic Resort View to Garden View
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...