Ricky Skerritt selected as new chairman of Caribbean Tourism Organisation
St. Kitts and Nevis have been selected for the two-year chairmanship of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation after voting took place on the eve of the first Leadership Strategy Conference, bringing together delegates from the Caribbean holidays industry.
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) has selected St. Kitts and Nevis for the chairmanship of the Caribbean's official tourism development agency.
The chairmanship vote took place on the eve of the debut Leadership Strategy Conference and the Council of Ministers selected the Minister of Tourism and International Transport for St. Kitts and Nevis, Hon, Ricky Skerritt, as the new chairman of the CTO for the next two years, taking over from Hon. John Maginley of Antigua and Barbuda.
"These are challenging times for tourism around the world, but no sector is more critical to our region's economic future," Sen. Skerritt announced.
"I believe that with the right leadership strategy I am confident that we can achieve our goal of establishing the Caribbean as the world's premier warm-weather travel destination, with genuinely caring people and world class products"
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation specialises in the development of sustainable tourism and Caribbean holidays to benefit the lives of its Caribbean people. The organisation was established in 1989 with the merger of the Caribbean Tourism Association and the Caribbean Tourism Research and Development Centre. The organisation is made up over 30 countries in the Caribbean with headquarters in Barbados.
Key issues at the first-ever Leadership Strategy Conference included security, taxes, destination branding, new market development and the increased use of social media to promote Caribbean holidays and build the tourism brand.
Situated in the West Indies with the west side of the island bordering the Caribbean Sea, the beautiful islands of St. Kitts and Nevis offer tranquil surroundings, volcanic peaks and fantastic spots for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The island nation offers idyllic St. Kitts holidays for travellers looking for tropical rainforests, lakes, and winding rivers which provide fresh water to the residents and businesses.
The two islands, shaped like a baseball bat and a ball, are home to a number of tropical birds, monkeys, and thriving marine life including coral reef, sea turtles, nurse sharks, eels, rays and barracudas which dart in and out of underwater wrecks, caves and walls.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Escape to Cuba's sunkissed sands and enjoy what Club Amigo Aguas Azules has to offer for an amazing price!
- All inclusive features a buffet restaurant, 2 a la carte restaurants and a choice of 4 bars (Local Sprits, Wine, beer & soft drinks served)
- Fantastic all-inclusive package with unlimited drinks 24/7
- Excellent selection of bars and restaurants Offers 4 restaurants, 3 a la carte and a choice of 4 bars
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Experience Vibrant Havana and relaxing Varadero at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel during summer 2017
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero that will give you the perfect opportunity to explore all that Cuba has to offer at melia habana hotel and melia marina varadero hotel
- Melia Marina Varadero offers modern amenities and services including a fitness centre, spa and a kids club
- Exclusive extras are offered in both hotels, including a romantic dinner for two in Varadero and a half day tour in Havana
- Book early and benefit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Melia Habana enjoys an excellent location in Miramar, close to old Havana and offers stunning views of the city and its northern coast
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Now Onyx Punta Cana is brand new resort opening in November 2016 and aims to offer a vibrant and active Unlimited-Luxury...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...