A new fee for visiting Sulphur Springs Park during your St Lucia holidays
A new fee has been introduced for the Sulphur Springs attraction in St Lucia from 1st October 2010. The entry fee has increased due to the park facing higher operational costs, with plans for improving the quality of the services offered.
While your St Lucia holidays will still cost you about the same, depending on where you stay, some of the sites and attractions might cost you a little more, more specifically if you plan to visit the spectacular Sulphur Springs. The Soufriere Regional Development Foundation (SRDF) announces an increase in prices for foreign visitors wishing to visit the Sulphur Springs Park. This increase will take effect from 1st October 2010 and is necessary to allow the organisation to meet its operational costs; improve the quality of existing services and facilitate the introduction of new services to provide a better overall experiences for those visiting the park during their holidays in St Lucia.
As it happens, over the past few years the SRDF has continued to make improvements to every component of the Sulphur Springs product. During that time the organisation has increased its staff compliment by over 25% overall, especially in the security and tour guiding departments. Additionally the staff benefited from Spanish training, providing effective translation for the Hispanic visitors on St Lucia holidays, while the vendors at the park received training and uniforms. Other improvements included the construction of the Vending Village; major improvements to the trail leading to the Main Viewing Gallery and improvements to the bathing areas.
During the next year the SRDF will continue to improve Soufriere’s tourism product by introducing an Anti-Harassment Programme, which will employ ten (10) wardens to provide security for visitors who choose to explore the town. Additionally, the SRDF intends to continue its funding of the Living Water Programme—a faith based programme that clothes, feeds and reconnects mentally challenged individuals with their families.
All the above-mentioned and proposed improvements have and will come at a significant cost to the organisation. These additional costs have forced the organisation to review its pricing structure, despite its best efforts to do otherwise.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults!
- A selection of complimentary activities available, Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste on your All Inclusive stay!
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy your stay in St Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both Pitons mountains as they rise in splendour from the azure Caribbean Sea
- St. Lucia's only resort with the iconic view of both the Piti & Gros Piton mountains floating upon the Caribbean Sea
- A private estate of 600 lush tropical acres bordering two soft-sand Caribbean beaches with unspoiled coral reefs just offshore
- Perfect resort for travelling divers - PADI Dive Center available
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Burrowed upon Rodney Bay, The All-inclusive Rex Papillion Hotel offers direct access to the pristine white sands of...