A new fee for visiting Sulphur Springs Park during your St Lucia holidays
A new fee has been introduced for the Sulphur Springs attraction in St Lucia from 1st October 2010. The entry fee has increased due to the park facing higher operational costs, with plans for improving the quality of the services offered.
While your St Lucia holidays will still cost you about the same, depending on where you stay, some of the sites and attractions might cost you a little more, more specifically if you plan to visit the spectacular Sulphur Springs. The Soufriere Regional Development Foundation (SRDF) announces an increase in prices for foreign visitors wishing to visit the Sulphur Springs Park. This increase will take effect from 1st October 2010 and is necessary to allow the organisation to meet its operational costs; improve the quality of existing services and facilitate the introduction of new services to provide a better overall experiences for those visiting the park during their holidays in St Lucia.
As it happens, over the past few years the SRDF has continued to make improvements to every component of the Sulphur Springs product. During that time the organisation has increased its staff compliment by over 25% overall, especially in the security and tour guiding departments. Additionally the staff benefited from Spanish training, providing effective translation for the Hispanic visitors on St Lucia holidays, while the vendors at the park received training and uniforms. Other improvements included the construction of the Vending Village; major improvements to the trail leading to the Main Viewing Gallery and improvements to the bathing areas.
During the next year the SRDF will continue to improve Soufriere’s tourism product by introducing an Anti-Harassment Programme, which will employ ten (10) wardens to provide security for visitors who choose to explore the town. Additionally, the SRDF intends to continue its funding of the Living Water Programme—a faith based programme that clothes, feeds and reconnects mentally challenged individuals with their families.
All the above-mentioned and proposed improvements have and will come at a significant cost to the organisation. These additional costs have forced the organisation to review its pricing structure, despite its best efforts to do otherwise.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 65% in 2017 and 2018 and up to the 2 Children/Teens STAYS FREE plus 50% for Christmas & New Year
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit savings when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...