A new fee for visiting Sulphur Springs Park during your St Lucia holidays
A new fee has been introduced for the Sulphur Springs attraction in St Lucia from 1st October 2010. The entry fee has increased due to the park facing higher operational costs, with plans for improving the quality of the services offered.
While your St Lucia holidays will still cost you about the same, depending on where you stay, some of the sites and attractions might cost you a little more, more specifically if you plan to visit the spectacular Sulphur Springs. The Soufriere Regional Development Foundation (SRDF) announces an increase in prices for foreign visitors wishing to visit the Sulphur Springs Park. This increase will take effect from 1st October 2010 and is necessary to allow the organisation to meet its operational costs; improve the quality of existing services and facilitate the introduction of new services to provide a better overall experiences for those visiting the park during their holidays in St Lucia.
As it happens, over the past few years the SRDF has continued to make improvements to every component of the Sulphur Springs product. During that time the organisation has increased its staff compliment by over 25% overall, especially in the security and tour guiding departments. Additionally the staff benefited from Spanish training, providing effective translation for the Hispanic visitors on St Lucia holidays, while the vendors at the park received training and uniforms. Other improvements included the construction of the Vending Village; major improvements to the trail leading to the Main Viewing Gallery and improvements to the bathing areas.
During the next year the SRDF will continue to improve Soufriere’s tourism product by introducing an Anti-Harassment Programme, which will employ ten (10) wardens to provide security for visitors who choose to explore the town. Additionally, the SRDF intends to continue its funding of the Living Water Programme—a faith based programme that clothes, feeds and reconnects mentally challenged individuals with their families.
All the above-mentioned and proposed improvements have and will come at a significant cost to the organisation. These additional costs have forced the organisation to review its pricing structure, despite its best efforts to do otherwise.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Experience a fabulous family comfort at Bay Gardens Inn
- Enjoy a taste of the Caribbean at Creole Pot restaurant, with island favourites prepared each morning
- Free daily breakfast and a private terrace and balcony in every room
- Delight in a wide variety of massages and therapies at the beutiful La Mer Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Experience an unforgettable holiday in St Lucia, marvel at the wonderful sandy beach and enjoy street life in the restaurants, cafe's and bars of Rodney Bay.
- The Kids Club offers a range of activities to keep your little ones happy
- Enjoy the sunfish sailing and snorkelling
- Full buffet breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner included
Guests will be delighted by this couples only resort, set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- Book a standard coach transfer and get a FREE Upgrade to a Private Transfer - Must book before 25th October 2016
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of dining options and leisure facilities
- The red lane spa offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...