A new fee for visiting Sulphur Springs Park during your St Lucia holidays
A new fee has been introduced for the Sulphur Springs attraction in St Lucia from 1st October 2010. The entry fee has increased due to the park facing higher operational costs, with plans for improving the quality of the services offered.
While your St Lucia holidays will still cost you about the same, depending on where you stay, some of the sites and attractions might cost you a little more, more specifically if you plan to visit the spectacular Sulphur Springs. The Soufriere Regional Development Foundation (SRDF) announces an increase in prices for foreign visitors wishing to visit the Sulphur Springs Park. This increase will take effect from 1st October 2010 and is necessary to allow the organisation to meet its operational costs; improve the quality of existing services and facilitate the introduction of new services to provide a better overall experiences for those visiting the park during their holidays in St Lucia.
As it happens, over the past few years the SRDF has continued to make improvements to every component of the Sulphur Springs product. During that time the organisation has increased its staff compliment by over 25% overall, especially in the security and tour guiding departments. Additionally the staff benefited from Spanish training, providing effective translation for the Hispanic visitors on St Lucia holidays, while the vendors at the park received training and uniforms. Other improvements included the construction of the Vending Village; major improvements to the trail leading to the Main Viewing Gallery and improvements to the bathing areas.
During the next year the SRDF will continue to improve Soufriere’s tourism product by introducing an Anti-Harassment Programme, which will employ ten (10) wardens to provide security for visitors who choose to explore the town. Additionally, the SRDF intends to continue its funding of the Living Water Programme—a faith based programme that clothes, feeds and reconnects mentally challenged individuals with their families.
All the above-mentioned and proposed improvements have and will come at a significant cost to the organisation. These additional costs have forced the organisation to review its pricing structure, despite its best efforts to do otherwise.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Adults-only, All Inclusive Retreat with an inviting and warm atmosphere is what Bel Jou Hotel stands for
- All Inclusive, Adults Only property set within lush tropical gardens with classic St. Lucian charm
- Experience Caribbean Flavour on the rooftop lounge bar and terrace with serene views over Castries and the Caribbean Sea
- Take advantage of free extras including a complimentary tour and complimentary wine in your room on arrival
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Summer Sale now extended with discounted savings for stays until 2019
- Unique couples only resort designed for honeymoons and weddings
- All beverages included, such as premium brand alcohol and wine by the bottle at dinner
Guests will be delighted by Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort and Spa , set on an expansive stretch of the golden sandy beach
- The resort offers a refined yet fun atmosphere and a superb range of Global Gourmet® options and leisure facilities
- The Red Lane Spa® offers exclusive services ideal for relaxation and rejuvenation
- Enjoy Free Green Fees & Trandfers at Sandals St Lucia Golf & Country Club
- Save up to 45% plus Summer Savings with amazing discounts on select rooms
- Enjoy a round of golf at the 9 hole golf course, laze by the pool, try the range of water sports or dance the night away at the nightclub
Take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with a luxury escape to the west coast of the magical St Lucia....
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Venture to a real Caribbean warmth and laid-back hospitality at the Coconut Court Beach Hotel, an exceptionally cosy...
The all-new Harbor Club offers guests a Caribbean resort experience unlike any other where you can unwind and experience...