A new fee for visiting Sulphur Springs Park during your St Lucia holidays
A new fee has been introduced for the Sulphur Springs attraction in St Lucia from 1st October 2010. The entry fee has increased due to the park facing higher operational costs, with plans for improving the quality of the services offered.
While your St Lucia holidays will still cost you about the same, depending on where you stay, some of the sites and attractions might cost you a little more, more specifically if you plan to visit the spectacular Sulphur Springs. The Soufriere Regional Development Foundation (SRDF) announces an increase in prices for foreign visitors wishing to visit the Sulphur Springs Park. This increase will take effect from 1st October 2010 and is necessary to allow the organisation to meet its operational costs; improve the quality of existing services and facilitate the introduction of new services to provide a better overall experiences for those visiting the park during their holidays in St Lucia.
As it happens, over the past few years the SRDF has continued to make improvements to every component of the Sulphur Springs product. During that time the organisation has increased its staff compliment by over 25% overall, especially in the security and tour guiding departments. Additionally the staff benefited from Spanish training, providing effective translation for the Hispanic visitors on St Lucia holidays, while the vendors at the park received training and uniforms. Other improvements included the construction of the Vending Village; major improvements to the trail leading to the Main Viewing Gallery and improvements to the bathing areas.
During the next year the SRDF will continue to improve Soufriere’s tourism product by introducing an Anti-Harassment Programme, which will employ ten (10) wardens to provide security for visitors who choose to explore the town. Additionally, the SRDF intends to continue its funding of the Living Water Programme—a faith based programme that clothes, feeds and reconnects mentally challenged individuals with their families.
All the above-mentioned and proposed improvements have and will come at a significant cost to the organisation. These additional costs have forced the organisation to review its pricing structure, despite its best efforts to do otherwise.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia expericne
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Go for a Premium all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save up to a fantastic 58%!! and the 1st Child STAYS FREE
- Please note hotel is closed for renovations on 1st-30th September 17
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
Enjoy breathtaking sunsets and blue sparkling waters of the Caribbean Sea at two beautiful all-inclusive St Lucia resort
Fantastic amenities, personalised services, and an endless range of activities for the whole family at St James Club, Morgan Bay, and Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa.
- Benefit from All-Inclusive programmes at both hotels, and enjoy a variety of complimentary activities, delicious meals at the restaurants, and a variety of entertainment for the whole family.
- Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa a free access to the largest waterpark in St Lucia, featuring five swimming pools, two waterslides, and a lazy river.
- Being close to Cap Estate Golf Course, capital city of Castries, and the world-class Rodney bay Marina, St James Club Morgan Bay Resort is a perfect base for exploring the island
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Find peace and quiet as you enjoy the astounding natural beauty which surrounds the Marigot Bay hotel during an 8-day...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
The volcanic island of St. Lucia is one abundant in natural beauty. It is home to the most mountains among the Caribbean...