International Tournament brings great fishing opportunities during Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo
The first ever International Fishing Tournament to be held in Cayo Guillermo, Cuba, is scheduled to take place fromm 18-22 October 2010 in the Jardines del Rey tourist resort with the participation of contestants from all over the world.
Fishing enthusiasts, amateurs and experts alike, are all invited to Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo to parcipate in a fantastic fishing event due to take place this month. Workers and officials from Marina Marlin in Cayo Guillermo, Ciego de Avila, northern central Cuba, are setting up and preparing conditions for the 1st International Fishing Tournament "Jardines del Rey."
Those wanting to participate in the fishing event should be booking their holidays in Cuba very soon as the event is scheduled to take place from 18th - 22nd October with the attendance of professional and amateur fishermen from several countries.
The capture area itself will comprise up to 3 miles north-northeast, between the pristine keys of Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
Fisherment trying their abilities during the tournament can expect to find white, blue and other kinds of swordfish as some of the most representative varieties in the zone during this time of year.
The tournament will be carried out aboard suitable fishing yachts and boards at the command of specialised crews with more than 15 years of experience of fishing in the region.
Cayo Guillermo is a place with an extension of 5 square miles, forming part of the Cuban tourist destination known as Jardines del Rey, which is completely encircled by the sea in a well preserved environment, connected to Cayo Coco since the early 90's. Jardines del Rey is popular with many divers, swimmers and fishing entusiasts on Cuba holidays, offering them with more than 1,100 rooms in Meliá Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Iberostar Daiquirí and Villa Cojímar hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine exploring the iconic and pulsating city of Havana with a relaxing summer retreat to the stunning Varadero beach.
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- The plethora of activities and classes that will cater for every taste.
- A Complimentary shuttle to the iconic city of Havana
- A Luxurious and comfortable stay with 5* amenities
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...