International Tournament brings great fishing opportunities during Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo
The first ever International Fishing Tournament to be held in Cayo Guillermo, Cuba, is scheduled to take place fromm 18-22 October 2010 in the Jardines del Rey tourist resort with the participation of contestants from all over the world.
Fishing enthusiasts, amateurs and experts alike, are all invited to Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo to parcipate in a fantastic fishing event due to take place this month. Workers and officials from Marina Marlin in Cayo Guillermo, Ciego de Avila, northern central Cuba, are setting up and preparing conditions for the 1st International Fishing Tournament "Jardines del Rey."
Those wanting to participate in the fishing event should be booking their holidays in Cuba very soon as the event is scheduled to take place from 18th - 22nd October with the attendance of professional and amateur fishermen from several countries.
The capture area itself will comprise up to 3 miles north-northeast, between the pristine keys of Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
Fisherment trying their abilities during the tournament can expect to find white, blue and other kinds of swordfish as some of the most representative varieties in the zone during this time of year.
The tournament will be carried out aboard suitable fishing yachts and boards at the command of specialised crews with more than 15 years of experience of fishing in the region.
Cayo Guillermo is a place with an extension of 5 square miles, forming part of the Cuban tourist destination known as Jardines del Rey, which is completely encircled by the sea in a well preserved environment, connected to Cayo Coco since the early 90's. Jardines del Rey is popular with many divers, swimmers and fishing entusiasts on Cuba holidays, offering them with more than 1,100 rooms in Meliá Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Iberostar Daiquirí and Villa Cojímar hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Indulge in a couples special retreat that includes a Deluxe Havana City Break and Luxury Adults-Only All Inclusive Beach Escape in Varadero
- The perfect 5* multi centre mixing exciting city life with a pampering beach retreat in romantic Cuba
- The luxury all suite Paradisus Princesa Del Mar Resort and Spa is situated on the pristine Varadero beach
- Melia Habana is the perfect base for exploring all that Cuba has to offer and also offers a free shuttle to and from the Old City Centre
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...