International Tournament brings great fishing opportunities during Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo
The first ever International Fishing Tournament to be held in Cayo Guillermo, Cuba, is scheduled to take place fromm 18-22 October 2010 in the Jardines del Rey tourist resort with the participation of contestants from all over the world.
Fishing enthusiasts, amateurs and experts alike, are all invited to Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo to parcipate in a fantastic fishing event due to take place this month. Workers and officials from Marina Marlin in Cayo Guillermo, Ciego de Avila, northern central Cuba, are setting up and preparing conditions for the 1st International Fishing Tournament "Jardines del Rey."
Those wanting to participate in the fishing event should be booking their holidays in Cuba very soon as the event is scheduled to take place from 18th - 22nd October with the attendance of professional and amateur fishermen from several countries.
The capture area itself will comprise up to 3 miles north-northeast, between the pristine keys of Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
Fisherment trying their abilities during the tournament can expect to find white, blue and other kinds of swordfish as some of the most representative varieties in the zone during this time of year.
The tournament will be carried out aboard suitable fishing yachts and boards at the command of specialised crews with more than 15 years of experience of fishing in the region.
Cayo Guillermo is a place with an extension of 5 square miles, forming part of the Cuban tourist destination known as Jardines del Rey, which is completely encircled by the sea in a well preserved environment, connected to Cayo Coco since the early 90's. Jardines del Rey is popular with many divers, swimmers and fishing entusiasts on Cuba holidays, offering them with more than 1,100 rooms in Meliá Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Iberostar Daiquirí and Villa Cojímar hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Stay in a Sea View Room in Havana for all three nights, for an extra £20 per person
- Fly premium-economy class from an extra £199 per person, each way
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Travel to one of Cuba's hidden touristic gems, Varadero, where stretches of secluded beach await you at Blau Varadero....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Explore the many entertaining sites of the famous Varadero beach in Cuba, while enjoying a peaceful 10-day getaway at...
Club Kawama depicts a traditional hacienda type atmosphere, but in actual fact it's an All Inclusive resort. Beautifully...