International Tournament brings great fishing opportunities during Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo
The first ever International Fishing Tournament to be held in Cayo Guillermo, Cuba, is scheduled to take place fromm 18-22 October 2010 in the Jardines del Rey tourist resort with the participation of contestants from all over the world.
Fishing enthusiasts, amateurs and experts alike, are all invited to Cuba holidays in Cayo Guillermo to parcipate in a fantastic fishing event due to take place this month. Workers and officials from Marina Marlin in Cayo Guillermo, Ciego de Avila, northern central Cuba, are setting up and preparing conditions for the 1st International Fishing Tournament "Jardines del Rey."
Those wanting to participate in the fishing event should be booking their holidays in Cuba very soon as the event is scheduled to take place from 18th - 22nd October with the attendance of professional and amateur fishermen from several countries.
The capture area itself will comprise up to 3 miles north-northeast, between the pristine keys of Cayo Guillermo and Cayo Coco.
Fisherment trying their abilities during the tournament can expect to find white, blue and other kinds of swordfish as some of the most representative varieties in the zone during this time of year.
The tournament will be carried out aboard suitable fishing yachts and boards at the command of specialised crews with more than 15 years of experience of fishing in the region.
Cayo Guillermo is a place with an extension of 5 square miles, forming part of the Cuban tourist destination known as Jardines del Rey, which is completely encircled by the sea in a well preserved environment, connected to Cayo Coco since the early 90's. Jardines del Rey is popular with many divers, swimmers and fishing entusiasts on Cuba holidays, offering them with more than 1,100 rooms in Meliá Cayo Guillermo, Sol Cayo Guillermo, Iberostar Daiquirí and Villa Cojímar hotels.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...