Celebrating one year of Barbados holidays serviced by Jet Blue
Hailing the great contribution the airline has made to the Barbadian tourism industry, las Friday 1st October, Barbados celebrated JetBlue Airways first year of non-stop operations to the Caribbean island.
Last Friday, 1st October, the industry of Barbados holidays celebrated the first anniversary of JetBlue Airways’ non-stop service to the island.
Approximately 85,000 passengers have travelled with JetBlue to and from Barbados holidays since the airline began daily non-stop flights between Grantley Adams International Airport in Bridgetown and New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Oct. 1, 2009, representing an increase in tourist arrivals by more than 20 percent with more than 32,000 tourists visiting the island as of September 10, 2010.
In applauding the JetBlue service out of New York, Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, stated that he has been very pleased with what the carrier has brought to the island with the opportunity to open the door for many new visitors to Barbados.
“JetBlue has an excellent reputation in the industry, and has done wonderful things for Barbados in the past year,” - Sealy explained - “The carrier’s service fits in perfectly with Government’s strategy of increasing our levels of business out the US market, and we look forward to continuing a long and mutually beneficial partnership.”
As a mark of celebration for the 1-year anniversary, travelers to the JetBlue’s Terminal 5 at JFK Airport were greeted by island sights and sounds while enjoying two live performances at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. by Barbadian jazz saxophonist, Elan Trotman and band. There were special giveaways and prizes, as well as JetBlue-Barbados flight discounts.
JetBlue operates its Barbados service with spacious 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft. Travelers enjoy all of the amenities for which JetBlue has become well-regarded: complimentary seat-back television programming; comfortable leather seats; the most legroom in coach of any USairline; unlimited free snacks; and, industry-leading customer service.
Voted "Most Eco-Friendly Airline" by Zagat's Airline Survey in 2008 and 2009, New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style.
In 2010, the carrier also ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by JD Power and Associates, customer satisfaction recognition received for the sixth year in a row.
JetBlue currently serves 61 cities with 650 daily flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...