Celebrating one year of Barbados holidays serviced by Jet Blue
Hailing the great contribution the airline has made to the Barbadian tourism industry, las Friday 1st October, Barbados celebrated JetBlue Airways first year of non-stop operations to the Caribbean island.
Last Friday, 1st October, the industry of Barbados holidays celebrated the first anniversary of JetBlue Airways’ non-stop service to the island.
Approximately 85,000 passengers have travelled with JetBlue to and from Barbados holidays since the airline began daily non-stop flights between Grantley Adams International Airport in Bridgetown and New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Oct. 1, 2009, representing an increase in tourist arrivals by more than 20 percent with more than 32,000 tourists visiting the island as of September 10, 2010.
In applauding the JetBlue service out of New York, Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, stated that he has been very pleased with what the carrier has brought to the island with the opportunity to open the door for many new visitors to Barbados.
“JetBlue has an excellent reputation in the industry, and has done wonderful things for Barbados in the past year,” - Sealy explained - “The carrier’s service fits in perfectly with Government’s strategy of increasing our levels of business out the US market, and we look forward to continuing a long and mutually beneficial partnership.”
As a mark of celebration for the 1-year anniversary, travelers to the JetBlue’s Terminal 5 at JFK Airport were greeted by island sights and sounds while enjoying two live performances at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. by Barbadian jazz saxophonist, Elan Trotman and band. There were special giveaways and prizes, as well as JetBlue-Barbados flight discounts.
JetBlue operates its Barbados service with spacious 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft. Travelers enjoy all of the amenities for which JetBlue has become well-regarded: complimentary seat-back television programming; comfortable leather seats; the most legroom in coach of any USairline; unlimited free snacks; and, industry-leading customer service.
Voted "Most Eco-Friendly Airline" by Zagat's Airline Survey in 2008 and 2009, New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style.
In 2010, the carrier also ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by JD Power and Associates, customer satisfaction recognition received for the sixth year in a row.
JetBlue currently serves 61 cities with 650 daily flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...