Celebrating one year of Barbados holidays serviced by Jet Blue
Hailing the great contribution the airline has made to the Barbadian tourism industry, las Friday 1st October, Barbados celebrated JetBlue Airways first year of non-stop operations to the Caribbean island.
Last Friday, 1st October, the industry of Barbados holidays celebrated the first anniversary of JetBlue Airways’ non-stop service to the island.
Approximately 85,000 passengers have travelled with JetBlue to and from Barbados holidays since the airline began daily non-stop flights between Grantley Adams International Airport in Bridgetown and New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Oct. 1, 2009, representing an increase in tourist arrivals by more than 20 percent with more than 32,000 tourists visiting the island as of September 10, 2010.
In applauding the JetBlue service out of New York, Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, stated that he has been very pleased with what the carrier has brought to the island with the opportunity to open the door for many new visitors to Barbados.
“JetBlue has an excellent reputation in the industry, and has done wonderful things for Barbados in the past year,” - Sealy explained - “The carrier’s service fits in perfectly with Government’s strategy of increasing our levels of business out the US market, and we look forward to continuing a long and mutually beneficial partnership.”
As a mark of celebration for the 1-year anniversary, travelers to the JetBlue’s Terminal 5 at JFK Airport were greeted by island sights and sounds while enjoying two live performances at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. by Barbadian jazz saxophonist, Elan Trotman and band. There were special giveaways and prizes, as well as JetBlue-Barbados flight discounts.
JetBlue operates its Barbados service with spacious 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft. Travelers enjoy all of the amenities for which JetBlue has become well-regarded: complimentary seat-back television programming; comfortable leather seats; the most legroom in coach of any USairline; unlimited free snacks; and, industry-leading customer service.
Voted "Most Eco-Friendly Airline" by Zagat's Airline Survey in 2008 and 2009, New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style.
In 2010, the carrier also ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by JD Power and Associates, customer satisfaction recognition received for the sixth year in a row.
JetBlue currently serves 61 cities with 650 daily flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Take advantage opf the FREE double room upgrade
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- Enjoy huge savings on this amazing hotel including 'Live It Up' for travel in 2018 slashing higher room category prices
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
Unwind in an adults-only paradise upon white sands with a FREE room upgrade and HALF price accomodation
Stay in pure paradise at Pineapple Beach Club, surrounded by a stunning waterfront of spectacular powdery white sands, it's heaven on earth
- Rejuvenate at the luxurious hotel spa or keep active all the selection of All-Inclusive water and on land activities included during your stay
- Formerly Grand Pineapple Beach Resort, The Pineapple Beach Club is a newly renovated Adults-Only All Inclusive Paradise
- Book and save up to 50%Summer just got better with savings of up to 50% plus a FREE ROOM UPGRADE in selected rooms
- Dine Al Fresco with breathtaking views of the turquoise waters of Long Bay
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...