Celebrating one year of Barbados holidays serviced by Jet Blue
Hailing the great contribution the airline has made to the Barbadian tourism industry, las Friday 1st October, Barbados celebrated JetBlue Airways first year of non-stop operations to the Caribbean island.
Last Friday, 1st October, the industry of Barbados holidays celebrated the first anniversary of JetBlue Airways’ non-stop service to the island.
Approximately 85,000 passengers have travelled with JetBlue to and from Barbados holidays since the airline began daily non-stop flights between Grantley Adams International Airport in Bridgetown and New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Oct. 1, 2009, representing an increase in tourist arrivals by more than 20 percent with more than 32,000 tourists visiting the island as of September 10, 2010.
In applauding the JetBlue service out of New York, Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, stated that he has been very pleased with what the carrier has brought to the island with the opportunity to open the door for many new visitors to Barbados.
“JetBlue has an excellent reputation in the industry, and has done wonderful things for Barbados in the past year,” - Sealy explained - “The carrier’s service fits in perfectly with Government’s strategy of increasing our levels of business out the US market, and we look forward to continuing a long and mutually beneficial partnership.”
As a mark of celebration for the 1-year anniversary, travelers to the JetBlue’s Terminal 5 at JFK Airport were greeted by island sights and sounds while enjoying two live performances at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. by Barbadian jazz saxophonist, Elan Trotman and band. There were special giveaways and prizes, as well as JetBlue-Barbados flight discounts.
JetBlue operates its Barbados service with spacious 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft. Travelers enjoy all of the amenities for which JetBlue has become well-regarded: complimentary seat-back television programming; comfortable leather seats; the most legroom in coach of any USairline; unlimited free snacks; and, industry-leading customer service.
Voted "Most Eco-Friendly Airline" by Zagat's Airline Survey in 2008 and 2009, New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style.
In 2010, the carrier also ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by JD Power and Associates, customer satisfaction recognition received for the sixth year in a row.
JetBlue currently serves 61 cities with 650 daily flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...