Air Mauritius honoured as Indian Ocean's leading airline at World Travel Awards
This year's 17th World Travel Awards has awarded the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" to Air Mauritius for providing travellers on Mauritius holidays exceptional value and excellent level of service despite the recent troubling economic times.
Air Mauritius has been honoured for its contribution to Mauritius holidays and international flights at this year's World Travel Awards after being awarded as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" at the awards ceremony in The City of Gold, Johannesburg in South Africa.
The airline, which specialises in providing flights for domestic travellers and tourists on Mauritius holidays, came out on top after beating off competition from Air Seychelles, Air France, South African Airways, Air Madagascar and Air Austral.
Executive Vice President of the World Travel Awards, Manon Han, said: "Air Mauritius is this year's winner of the 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline' award.
"Since the inception, 17 years ago, World Travel Awards' objective has been to encourage world-class competition, stimulate innovation, and creativity, as well as ensure that travellers receive exceptional value.
"As a national carrier of an island that relies so crucially on tourism, Air Mauritius has posted positive operating results despite all the challenges facing the airline industry. Its continued dedication in tourism success is exemplary and we congratulate Air Mauritius on being named 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline 2010.'"
CEO of Air Mauritius, Mao R.K. Ujoodha, G.O.S.K., added: "Air Mauritius is proud to be once again acknowledged by the travel industry worldwide. Our team is greatly encouraged by the continued recognition of Air Mauritius as a leading airline brand in this part of the world.
"I would like to dedicate this award to all our shareholders, in particular the Government of Mauritius for their support to the national airline; to our customers and travel/tourism partners for their trust in our brand; to the Air Mauritius team for their hard work; and to all Mauritians as they remain loyal to the national airline."
Air Mauritius provides a number of services for travellers taking holidays in Mauritius and operates a fleet of aircraft comprising two Airbus A330-200s, two Airbus A340-300Es, two ATR72-500s, two Airbus A319-100s, and four Airbus A340-300s.
The award-winning airline offers flights to Mauritius, Chennai, Delhi, Bengalaru, Mumbai, Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Munich, Milan, Geneva, Melbourne, Perth, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Antananarivo, Nairobi, Reunion, and Rodrigues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...