Air Mauritius honoured as Indian Ocean's leading airline at World Travel Awards
This year's 17th World Travel Awards has awarded the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" to Air Mauritius for providing travellers on Mauritius holidays exceptional value and excellent level of service despite the recent troubling economic times.
Air Mauritius has been honoured for its contribution to Mauritius holidays and international flights at this year's World Travel Awards after being awarded as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" at the awards ceremony in The City of Gold, Johannesburg in South Africa.
The airline, which specialises in providing flights for domestic travellers and tourists on Mauritius holidays, came out on top after beating off competition from Air Seychelles, Air France, South African Airways, Air Madagascar and Air Austral.
Executive Vice President of the World Travel Awards, Manon Han, said: "Air Mauritius is this year's winner of the 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline' award.
"Since the inception, 17 years ago, World Travel Awards' objective has been to encourage world-class competition, stimulate innovation, and creativity, as well as ensure that travellers receive exceptional value.
"As a national carrier of an island that relies so crucially on tourism, Air Mauritius has posted positive operating results despite all the challenges facing the airline industry. Its continued dedication in tourism success is exemplary and we congratulate Air Mauritius on being named 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline 2010.'"
CEO of Air Mauritius, Mao R.K. Ujoodha, G.O.S.K., added: "Air Mauritius is proud to be once again acknowledged by the travel industry worldwide. Our team is greatly encouraged by the continued recognition of Air Mauritius as a leading airline brand in this part of the world.
"I would like to dedicate this award to all our shareholders, in particular the Government of Mauritius for their support to the national airline; to our customers and travel/tourism partners for their trust in our brand; to the Air Mauritius team for their hard work; and to all Mauritians as they remain loyal to the national airline."
Air Mauritius provides a number of services for travellers taking holidays in Mauritius and operates a fleet of aircraft comprising two Airbus A330-200s, two Airbus A340-300Es, two ATR72-500s, two Airbus A319-100s, and four Airbus A340-300s.
The award-winning airline offers flights to Mauritius, Chennai, Delhi, Bengalaru, Mumbai, Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Munich, Milan, Geneva, Melbourne, Perth, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Antananarivo, Nairobi, Reunion, and Rodrigues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...