Air Mauritius honoured as Indian Ocean's leading airline at World Travel Awards
This year's 17th World Travel Awards has awarded the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" to Air Mauritius for providing travellers on Mauritius holidays exceptional value and excellent level of service despite the recent troubling economic times.
Air Mauritius has been honoured for its contribution to Mauritius holidays and international flights at this year's World Travel Awards after being awarded as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" at the awards ceremony in The City of Gold, Johannesburg in South Africa.
The airline, which specialises in providing flights for domestic travellers and tourists on Mauritius holidays, came out on top after beating off competition from Air Seychelles, Air France, South African Airways, Air Madagascar and Air Austral.
Executive Vice President of the World Travel Awards, Manon Han, said: "Air Mauritius is this year's winner of the 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline' award.
"Since the inception, 17 years ago, World Travel Awards' objective has been to encourage world-class competition, stimulate innovation, and creativity, as well as ensure that travellers receive exceptional value.
"As a national carrier of an island that relies so crucially on tourism, Air Mauritius has posted positive operating results despite all the challenges facing the airline industry. Its continued dedication in tourism success is exemplary and we congratulate Air Mauritius on being named 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline 2010.'"
CEO of Air Mauritius, Mao R.K. Ujoodha, G.O.S.K., added: "Air Mauritius is proud to be once again acknowledged by the travel industry worldwide. Our team is greatly encouraged by the continued recognition of Air Mauritius as a leading airline brand in this part of the world.
"I would like to dedicate this award to all our shareholders, in particular the Government of Mauritius for their support to the national airline; to our customers and travel/tourism partners for their trust in our brand; to the Air Mauritius team for their hard work; and to all Mauritians as they remain loyal to the national airline."
Air Mauritius provides a number of services for travellers taking holidays in Mauritius and operates a fleet of aircraft comprising two Airbus A330-200s, two Airbus A340-300Es, two ATR72-500s, two Airbus A319-100s, and four Airbus A340-300s.
The award-winning airline offers flights to Mauritius, Chennai, Delhi, Bengalaru, Mumbai, Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Munich, Milan, Geneva, Melbourne, Perth, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Antananarivo, Nairobi, Reunion, and Rodrigues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Enjoy a taste of Thailand with a complimentary cooking class
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES from £ 1899 for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Be dined and wined at a selection of no less than nine restaurants.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...