Air Mauritius honoured as Indian Ocean's leading airline at World Travel Awards
This year's 17th World Travel Awards has awarded the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" to Air Mauritius for providing travellers on Mauritius holidays exceptional value and excellent level of service despite the recent troubling economic times.
Air Mauritius has been honoured for its contribution to Mauritius holidays and international flights at this year's World Travel Awards after being awarded as the "Indian Ocean's Leading Airline" at the awards ceremony in The City of Gold, Johannesburg in South Africa.
The airline, which specialises in providing flights for domestic travellers and tourists on Mauritius holidays, came out on top after beating off competition from Air Seychelles, Air France, South African Airways, Air Madagascar and Air Austral.
Executive Vice President of the World Travel Awards, Manon Han, said: "Air Mauritius is this year's winner of the 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline' award.
"Since the inception, 17 years ago, World Travel Awards' objective has been to encourage world-class competition, stimulate innovation, and creativity, as well as ensure that travellers receive exceptional value.
"As a national carrier of an island that relies so crucially on tourism, Air Mauritius has posted positive operating results despite all the challenges facing the airline industry. Its continued dedication in tourism success is exemplary and we congratulate Air Mauritius on being named 'Indian Ocean's Leading Airline 2010.'"
CEO of Air Mauritius, Mao R.K. Ujoodha, G.O.S.K., added: "Air Mauritius is proud to be once again acknowledged by the travel industry worldwide. Our team is greatly encouraged by the continued recognition of Air Mauritius as a leading airline brand in this part of the world.
"I would like to dedicate this award to all our shareholders, in particular the Government of Mauritius for their support to the national airline; to our customers and travel/tourism partners for their trust in our brand; to the Air Mauritius team for their hard work; and to all Mauritians as they remain loyal to the national airline."
Air Mauritius provides a number of services for travellers taking holidays in Mauritius and operates a fleet of aircraft comprising two Airbus A330-200s, two Airbus A340-300Es, two ATR72-500s, two Airbus A319-100s, and four Airbus A340-300s.
The award-winning airline offers flights to Mauritius, Chennai, Delhi, Bengalaru, Mumbai, Singapore, Dubai, Hong Kong, Frankfurt, Paris, London, Munich, Milan, Geneva, Melbourne, Perth, Johannesburg, Cape Town, Durban, Antananarivo, Nairobi, Reunion, and Rodrigues.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...