British Airways announces expansion of London Gatwick network
British Airways has announced that it will be expanding its operations and services from London Gatwick Airport which will include an increase in flights to the Caribbean this winter and providing flights to 16 long haul destinations.
UK flag airline, British Airways, has announced that it will be increasing its flights to the Caribbean this winter as part of the expansion of its network and operation at London Gatwick Airport. The airline has just celebrated its first anniversary of the popular Sharm el Sheikh flights from Gatwick and the launch of new flights to the Caribbean over the past year.
Over the past 12 months, British Airways launched a number of new services departing from Gatwick near London which provide Caribbean holidays to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, and Montego Bay in Jamaica; flights to Male in the Maldives; and long haul holidays to Orlando and Tampa in Florida.
British Airways will now operate flights to 25 UK and European destinations from London Gatwick and 16 long haul destinations including the launch of new twice-weekly flights to Cancun in Mexico from November 2010. Cancun is situated on the coast o the Yucatan Peninsula and features beautiful white sandy beaches and turquoise warm water lagoons.
The stunning region is part of the world's second longest coral reef located in the Caribbean Sea and is a gateway into Riviera Maya with its array of historical Mayan sites and attractions and breathtaking scenery.
The UK airline celebrated its 90th anniversary in August last year and is based near its main hub at Heathrow Airport, near London. It is the UK's largest airline based on its fleet size, international destinations and number of international flights and now operates additional routes out of London Gatwick and London City Airport.
British Airways offers passengers flights to the Caribbean, city breaks, beach vacations, ski holidays, romantic holidays for wedding and honeymoons, family breaks, golfing holidays, and luxury trips to destinations across the world including North America, South America, Asia, India, Australia, Europe, and Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Offering superb accommodation with a wide range of facilities, Yas Island Rotana is conveniently located on the...