British Airways announces expansion of London Gatwick network
British Airways has announced that it will be expanding its operations and services from London Gatwick Airport which will include an increase in flights to the Caribbean this winter and providing flights to 16 long haul destinations.
UK flag airline, British Airways, has announced that it will be increasing its flights to the Caribbean this winter as part of the expansion of its network and operation at London Gatwick Airport. The airline has just celebrated its first anniversary of the popular Sharm el Sheikh flights from Gatwick and the launch of new flights to the Caribbean over the past year.
Over the past 12 months, British Airways launched a number of new services departing from Gatwick near London which provide Caribbean holidays to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, and Montego Bay in Jamaica; flights to Male in the Maldives; and long haul holidays to Orlando and Tampa in Florida.
British Airways will now operate flights to 25 UK and European destinations from London Gatwick and 16 long haul destinations including the launch of new twice-weekly flights to Cancun in Mexico from November 2010. Cancun is situated on the coast o the Yucatan Peninsula and features beautiful white sandy beaches and turquoise warm water lagoons.
The stunning region is part of the world's second longest coral reef located in the Caribbean Sea and is a gateway into Riviera Maya with its array of historical Mayan sites and attractions and breathtaking scenery.
The UK airline celebrated its 90th anniversary in August last year and is based near its main hub at Heathrow Airport, near London. It is the UK's largest airline based on its fleet size, international destinations and number of international flights and now operates additional routes out of London Gatwick and London City Airport.
British Airways offers passengers flights to the Caribbean, city breaks, beach vacations, ski holidays, romantic holidays for wedding and honeymoons, family breaks, golfing holidays, and luxury trips to destinations across the world including North America, South America, Asia, India, Australia, Europe, and Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...