British Airways announces expansion of London Gatwick network
British Airways has announced that it will be expanding its operations and services from London Gatwick Airport which will include an increase in flights to the Caribbean this winter and providing flights to 16 long haul destinations.
UK flag airline, British Airways, has announced that it will be increasing its flights to the Caribbean this winter as part of the expansion of its network and operation at London Gatwick Airport. The airline has just celebrated its first anniversary of the popular Sharm el Sheikh flights from Gatwick and the launch of new flights to the Caribbean over the past year.
Over the past 12 months, British Airways launched a number of new services departing from Gatwick near London which provide Caribbean holidays to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, and Montego Bay in Jamaica; flights to Male in the Maldives; and long haul holidays to Orlando and Tampa in Florida.
British Airways will now operate flights to 25 UK and European destinations from London Gatwick and 16 long haul destinations including the launch of new twice-weekly flights to Cancun in Mexico from November 2010. Cancun is situated on the coast o the Yucatan Peninsula and features beautiful white sandy beaches and turquoise warm water lagoons.
The stunning region is part of the world's second longest coral reef located in the Caribbean Sea and is a gateway into Riviera Maya with its array of historical Mayan sites and attractions and breathtaking scenery.
The UK airline celebrated its 90th anniversary in August last year and is based near its main hub at Heathrow Airport, near London. It is the UK's largest airline based on its fleet size, international destinations and number of international flights and now operates additional routes out of London Gatwick and London City Airport.
British Airways offers passengers flights to the Caribbean, city breaks, beach vacations, ski holidays, romantic holidays for wedding and honeymoons, family breaks, golfing holidays, and luxury trips to destinations across the world including North America, South America, Asia, India, Australia, Europe, and Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Add a VIP package, including No.1 Gatwick Lounge Access, Dubai Airport Fast Track and tickets to Burj Khalifa, from £99 per person
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
- Book before 31st January 2017 and get an exclusive complimentary upgrade to Half Board
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself.
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The 4* Ramada Deira hotel boasts comfortable, modern and grand interiors and facilities, as well as easy access to the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...