British Airways announces expansion of London Gatwick network
British Airways has announced that it will be expanding its operations and services from London Gatwick Airport which will include an increase in flights to the Caribbean this winter and providing flights to 16 long haul destinations.
UK flag airline, British Airways, has announced that it will be increasing its flights to the Caribbean this winter as part of the expansion of its network and operation at London Gatwick Airport. The airline has just celebrated its first anniversary of the popular Sharm el Sheikh flights from Gatwick and the launch of new flights to the Caribbean over the past year.
Over the past 12 months, British Airways launched a number of new services departing from Gatwick near London which provide Caribbean holidays to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, and Montego Bay in Jamaica; flights to Male in the Maldives; and long haul holidays to Orlando and Tampa in Florida.
British Airways will now operate flights to 25 UK and European destinations from London Gatwick and 16 long haul destinations including the launch of new twice-weekly flights to Cancun in Mexico from November 2010. Cancun is situated on the coast o the Yucatan Peninsula and features beautiful white sandy beaches and turquoise warm water lagoons.
The stunning region is part of the world's second longest coral reef located in the Caribbean Sea and is a gateway into Riviera Maya with its array of historical Mayan sites and attractions and breathtaking scenery.
The UK airline celebrated its 90th anniversary in August last year and is based near its main hub at Heathrow Airport, near London. It is the UK's largest airline based on its fleet size, international destinations and number of international flights and now operates additional routes out of London Gatwick and London City Airport.
British Airways offers passengers flights to the Caribbean, city breaks, beach vacations, ski holidays, romantic holidays for wedding and honeymoons, family breaks, golfing holidays, and luxury trips to destinations across the world including North America, South America, Asia, India, Australia, Europe, and Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...