British Airways announces expansion of London Gatwick network
British Airways has announced that it will be expanding its operations and services from London Gatwick Airport which will include an increase in flights to the Caribbean this winter and providing flights to 16 long haul destinations.
UK flag airline, British Airways, has announced that it will be increasing its flights to the Caribbean this winter as part of the expansion of its network and operation at London Gatwick Airport. The airline has just celebrated its first anniversary of the popular Sharm el Sheikh flights from Gatwick and the launch of new flights to the Caribbean over the past year.
Over the past 12 months, British Airways launched a number of new services departing from Gatwick near London which provide Caribbean holidays to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, and Montego Bay in Jamaica; flights to Male in the Maldives; and long haul holidays to Orlando and Tampa in Florida.
British Airways will now operate flights to 25 UK and European destinations from London Gatwick and 16 long haul destinations including the launch of new twice-weekly flights to Cancun in Mexico from November 2010. Cancun is situated on the coast o the Yucatan Peninsula and features beautiful white sandy beaches and turquoise warm water lagoons.
The stunning region is part of the world's second longest coral reef located in the Caribbean Sea and is a gateway into Riviera Maya with its array of historical Mayan sites and attractions and breathtaking scenery.
The UK airline celebrated its 90th anniversary in August last year and is based near its main hub at Heathrow Airport, near London. It is the UK's largest airline based on its fleet size, international destinations and number of international flights and now operates additional routes out of London Gatwick and London City Airport.
British Airways offers passengers flights to the Caribbean, city breaks, beach vacations, ski holidays, romantic holidays for wedding and honeymoons, family breaks, golfing holidays, and luxury trips to destinations across the world including North America, South America, Asia, India, Australia, Europe, and Africa and the Indian Ocean.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Make the most of glass-bottomed boat trips, kayaking, snorkelling and green fees at the nearby Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club
- Enjoy a selection of restaurants and Bars inlcuding a swim-up bar
- Ambre resort has stunning views of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 750-metre long white natural beach
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With a good location next to the city centre and the medina, this charming hotel will put you in close proximity to the...