9 new aircraft to take more passengers on Caribbean holidays
Caribbean Airlines have announced the acquirement of new aircraft with a set of 9 new planes having been ordered in order to expand their fleet and increase the frequency of services they operate in the region.
The airline responsible for connecting millions to Caribbean destinations during their Caribbean holidays Airlines has signed an agreement for the purchase of nine new turbo-prop airplanes for the regional carrier.
According to the Trinidad Express nine new ATR 72-600 aircraft valued at US$200 million is being ordered by Caribbean airlines, as the ATR revealed in a statement.
"The aircraft are configured with 68 seats and deliveries will start in 2011,” France-based ATR said.
ATR further added that Caribbean Airlines will replace the current of five Dash-8 300 aircraft, "while adding new frequencies linking Trinidad and Tobago and surrounding destinations."
"In addition, several of the new ATRs will be operated in the route network of Air Jamaica -- recently acquired by Caribbean Airlines," ATR said.
The company quoted Caribbean Airlines chief executive officer Captain Ian Brunton on the deal on Monday. The new services will be connecting thousands of passengers to different destinations during their Caribbean holidays.
"The acquisition of the ATR 72 600s will allow Caribbean Airlines to continue to develop and improve the offering to our customers. The low operating costs fuel consumption of the aircraft are particularly appearing and provide us with tremendous flexibility in adding frequencies and developing new markets in the regional sectors," Brunton was quoted as saying in the ATR press release.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget,why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...