9 new aircraft to take more passengers on Caribbean holidays
Caribbean Airlines have announced the acquirement of new aircraft with a set of 9 new planes having been ordered in order to expand their fleet and increase the frequency of services they operate in the region.
The airline responsible for connecting millions to Caribbean destinations during their Caribbean holidays Airlines has signed an agreement for the purchase of nine new turbo-prop airplanes for the regional carrier.
According to the Trinidad Express nine new ATR 72-600 aircraft valued at US$200 million is being ordered by Caribbean airlines, as the ATR revealed in a statement.
"The aircraft are configured with 68 seats and deliveries will start in 2011,” France-based ATR said.
ATR further added that Caribbean Airlines will replace the current of five Dash-8 300 aircraft, "while adding new frequencies linking Trinidad and Tobago and surrounding destinations."
"In addition, several of the new ATRs will be operated in the route network of Air Jamaica -- recently acquired by Caribbean Airlines," ATR said.
The company quoted Caribbean Airlines chief executive officer Captain Ian Brunton on the deal on Monday. The new services will be connecting thousands of passengers to different destinations during their Caribbean holidays.
"The acquisition of the ATR 72 600s will allow Caribbean Airlines to continue to develop and improve the offering to our customers. The low operating costs fuel consumption of the aircraft are particularly appearing and provide us with tremendous flexibility in adding frequencies and developing new markets in the regional sectors," Brunton was quoted as saying in the ATR press release.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 25th April 2017
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...