9 new aircraft to take more passengers on Caribbean holidays
Caribbean Airlines have announced the acquirement of new aircraft with a set of 9 new planes having been ordered in order to expand their fleet and increase the frequency of services they operate in the region.
The airline responsible for connecting millions to Caribbean destinations during their Caribbean holidays Airlines has signed an agreement for the purchase of nine new turbo-prop airplanes for the regional carrier.
According to the Trinidad Express nine new ATR 72-600 aircraft valued at US$200 million is being ordered by Caribbean airlines, as the ATR revealed in a statement.
"The aircraft are configured with 68 seats and deliveries will start in 2011,” France-based ATR said.
ATR further added that Caribbean Airlines will replace the current of five Dash-8 300 aircraft, "while adding new frequencies linking Trinidad and Tobago and surrounding destinations."
"In addition, several of the new ATRs will be operated in the route network of Air Jamaica -- recently acquired by Caribbean Airlines," ATR said.
The company quoted Caribbean Airlines chief executive officer Captain Ian Brunton on the deal on Monday. The new services will be connecting thousands of passengers to different destinations during their Caribbean holidays.
"The acquisition of the ATR 72 600s will allow Caribbean Airlines to continue to develop and improve the offering to our customers. The low operating costs fuel consumption of the aircraft are particularly appearing and provide us with tremendous flexibility in adding frequencies and developing new markets in the regional sectors," Brunton was quoted as saying in the ATR press release.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island, as the elegant eco-friendly property is located near all the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...