9 new aircraft to take more passengers on Caribbean holidays
Caribbean Airlines have announced the acquirement of new aircraft with a set of 9 new planes having been ordered in order to expand their fleet and increase the frequency of services they operate in the region.
The airline responsible for connecting millions to Caribbean destinations during their Caribbean holidays Airlines has signed an agreement for the purchase of nine new turbo-prop airplanes for the regional carrier.
According to the Trinidad Express nine new ATR 72-600 aircraft valued at US$200 million is being ordered by Caribbean airlines, as the ATR revealed in a statement.
"The aircraft are configured with 68 seats and deliveries will start in 2011,” France-based ATR said.
ATR further added that Caribbean Airlines will replace the current of five Dash-8 300 aircraft, "while adding new frequencies linking Trinidad and Tobago and surrounding destinations."
"In addition, several of the new ATRs will be operated in the route network of Air Jamaica -- recently acquired by Caribbean Airlines," ATR said.
The company quoted Caribbean Airlines chief executive officer Captain Ian Brunton on the deal on Monday. The new services will be connecting thousands of passengers to different destinations during their Caribbean holidays.
"The acquisition of the ATR 72 600s will allow Caribbean Airlines to continue to develop and improve the offering to our customers. The low operating costs fuel consumption of the aircraft are particularly appearing and provide us with tremendous flexibility in adding frequencies and developing new markets in the regional sectors," Brunton was quoted as saying in the ATR press release.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Be Live Collection Punta Cana offers Pristine white beaches, swaying palms and a pulsating Latin vibe
Head to where the sun shines and enjoy a week-long holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana. Here you'll find endless fun for all the family as well as plenty of relaxing options for adults.
- 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a white soda beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- World class facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...