International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism to be hosted in Cuba
The next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism is scheduled to take place in Cuba from 6-9th November 2010. As the selected host by the Canadian CETA Organisation, the event will be attended by international experts on the topic .
Touching on the sensitive topic of sustainable tourism and expanding on the Eco potential of greener Cuba holidays, the Caribbean island is set to be the proud host of the next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism taking in November this year. The meeting will take place at the Melia Cohiba hotel in Havana from November 6 to 9 and will be attended by some 300 participants from all over the world, as representative of the Cuban Conventions Bureau announced.
During this event that will serve the secondary purpose of talking about the future of sustainable Caribbean holidays, with a special focus on Cuba holidays, the core topic discussed will be creating an economically feasible, social tourism product that generate benefits for both the region and its visitors.
According to the web page edutourismconference.org, the event looks to raise the international awareness on the importance of developing sustainable tourism by connecting education, culture and environment to the leisure industry.
Likewise, the meeting will address educational tourism as a way to strengthen the preservation and improvement of the environment by having both the traveler and locals committed.
The website says Cuba was selected as the venue for the event because of the international recognition to its beauty, vibrant culture and educational system,assets that make it an ideal destination for the development of the emerging tourism model.
The conference was called by the Canadian organization CETA (Canadian EduTourism Associates Cooperative Limited) and will be attended by international experts like Ted Manning, with the WTO Sustainable Development of Tourism Department.
This ecological event is also sponsored by the Cuban Tourism ministry and Department of Foreign Affairs, which hopes to gain insight into the better management of ecological resorts to keep holidays in Cuba as appealing and as environmentally immaculate as possible. International Trade Canada will another main sponsor to the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay at a Havana hotel brimming with history then head off to a brand-new beachfront resort in Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...