International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism to be hosted in Cuba
The next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism is scheduled to take place in Cuba from 6-9th November 2010. As the selected host by the Canadian CETA Organisation, the event will be attended by international experts on the topic .
Touching on the sensitive topic of sustainable tourism and expanding on the Eco potential of greener Cuba holidays, the Caribbean island is set to be the proud host of the next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism taking in November this year. The meeting will take place at the Melia Cohiba hotel in Havana from November 6 to 9 and will be attended by some 300 participants from all over the world, as representative of the Cuban Conventions Bureau announced.
During this event that will serve the secondary purpose of talking about the future of sustainable Caribbean holidays, with a special focus on Cuba holidays, the core topic discussed will be creating an economically feasible, social tourism product that generate benefits for both the region and its visitors.
According to the web page edutourismconference.org, the event looks to raise the international awareness on the importance of developing sustainable tourism by connecting education, culture and environment to the leisure industry.
Likewise, the meeting will address educational tourism as a way to strengthen the preservation and improvement of the environment by having both the traveler and locals committed.
The website says Cuba was selected as the venue for the event because of the international recognition to its beauty, vibrant culture and educational system,assets that make it an ideal destination for the development of the emerging tourism model.
The conference was called by the Canadian organization CETA (Canadian EduTourism Associates Cooperative Limited) and will be attended by international experts like Ted Manning, with the WTO Sustainable Development of Tourism Department.
This ecological event is also sponsored by the Cuban Tourism ministry and Department of Foreign Affairs, which hopes to gain insight into the better management of ecological resorts to keep holidays in Cuba as appealing and as environmentally immaculate as possible. International Trade Canada will another main sponsor to the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
With great watersports galore, your winter-sun holiday can be one to remember in Cuba
- Try your hand at some adrenaline-pumping water sports including sailing, windsurfing and diving
- If you’re not up for a night on the tiles you can simply chill out at the resort and enjoy the evening’s entertainment
- If you’re a night-owl you won’t be able to resist Varadero’s buzzing nightlife
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 08th Feb
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...