International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism to be hosted in Cuba
The next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism is scheduled to take place in Cuba from 6-9th November 2010. As the selected host by the Canadian CETA Organisation, the event will be attended by international experts on the topic .
Touching on the sensitive topic of sustainable tourism and expanding on the Eco potential of greener Cuba holidays, the Caribbean island is set to be the proud host of the next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism taking in November this year. The meeting will take place at the Melia Cohiba hotel in Havana from November 6 to 9 and will be attended by some 300 participants from all over the world, as representative of the Cuban Conventions Bureau announced.
During this event that will serve the secondary purpose of talking about the future of sustainable Caribbean holidays, with a special focus on Cuba holidays, the core topic discussed will be creating an economically feasible, social tourism product that generate benefits for both the region and its visitors.
According to the web page edutourismconference.org, the event looks to raise the international awareness on the importance of developing sustainable tourism by connecting education, culture and environment to the leisure industry.
Likewise, the meeting will address educational tourism as a way to strengthen the preservation and improvement of the environment by having both the traveler and locals committed.
The website says Cuba was selected as the venue for the event because of the international recognition to its beauty, vibrant culture and educational system,assets that make it an ideal destination for the development of the emerging tourism model.
The conference was called by the Canadian organization CETA (Canadian EduTourism Associates Cooperative Limited) and will be attended by international experts like Ted Manning, with the WTO Sustainable Development of Tourism Department.
This ecological event is also sponsored by the Cuban Tourism ministry and Department of Foreign Affairs, which hopes to gain insight into the better management of ecological resorts to keep holidays in Cuba as appealing and as environmentally immaculate as possible. International Trade Canada will another main sponsor to the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Upgrade to The Royalton Hicacos Diamond Club and benefit from personalized check in, exclusive beach area, room service 24 hours and much more
- Benefit from the multiple swimming pools and a wide variety of non-motorised water sports in Varadero
- Couples can enjoy little 'extras' at Melia Habana Hotel, offering a sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...
Fancy a charming and adventurous holiday? Why not try our twin centre package that allows you to explore the contagious...