International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism to be hosted in Cuba
The next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism is scheduled to take place in Cuba from 6-9th November 2010. As the selected host by the Canadian CETA Organisation, the event will be attended by international experts on the topic .
Touching on the sensitive topic of sustainable tourism and expanding on the Eco potential of greener Cuba holidays, the Caribbean island is set to be the proud host of the next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism taking in November this year. The meeting will take place at the Melia Cohiba hotel in Havana from November 6 to 9 and will be attended by some 300 participants from all over the world, as representative of the Cuban Conventions Bureau announced.
During this event that will serve the secondary purpose of talking about the future of sustainable Caribbean holidays, with a special focus on Cuba holidays, the core topic discussed will be creating an economically feasible, social tourism product that generate benefits for both the region and its visitors.
According to the web page edutourismconference.org, the event looks to raise the international awareness on the importance of developing sustainable tourism by connecting education, culture and environment to the leisure industry.
Likewise, the meeting will address educational tourism as a way to strengthen the preservation and improvement of the environment by having both the traveler and locals committed.
The website says Cuba was selected as the venue for the event because of the international recognition to its beauty, vibrant culture and educational system,assets that make it an ideal destination for the development of the emerging tourism model.
The conference was called by the Canadian organization CETA (Canadian EduTourism Associates Cooperative Limited) and will be attended by international experts like Ted Manning, with the WTO Sustainable Development of Tourism Department.
This ecological event is also sponsored by the Cuban Tourism ministry and Department of Foreign Affairs, which hopes to gain insight into the better management of ecological resorts to keep holidays in Cuba as appealing and as environmentally immaculate as possible. International Trade Canada will another main sponsor to the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Discover Cuba's vibrant capital and stunning Varadero beach, getting the best of both during summer 2017
Combine exploring Havana's bustling neighbourhoods, with a relaxing beach holiday, with this amazing twin centre summer holiday package deal
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Easy access to some of the most iconic neighbourhoods in Havana, including the old colonial area
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind body and soul at the beauty salon and spa
- Exceptionally friendly and welcoming staff that go the extra mile
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Take a holiday to enjoy the abundant natural beauty of one of Cuba's leading resorts, Varadero. This locale is known for...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...