British cabs to push St Lucia holidays
A new initiative launched by St Lucia Tourist Board will take three London cab drivers to St Lucia holidays on a fam trip that will see them enjoying the best of what the country has to offer. In exchange they'll display images of St Lucia on their cabs.
It looks like British passers-bys will get a little glimpse into the beauties of St Lucia with a new "on-wheels" promotion of St Lucia holidays. After years of speaking of the wonders about this peculiar Caribbean island, tourist officials wanted to accelerate the promotional drive of selected London cabbies—by flying them to the island and offering them holidays in St Lucia.
Selected drivers of three St Lucia-branded taxis in London have begun experiencing St Lucia holidays and are currently making the most of this unique opportunity to enjoy first hand the many seducing experiences the island has to offer. It's no wonder drivers are all revved up to participate in this novel Saint Lucia Tourist Board (SLTB)-coordinated familiarisation trip that will see them cruising and exploring the most attractive and interesting facets of the island.
Explaining the innovative move, SLTB’s Vice President of Marketing and Sales Nerdin St Rose points out that familiarisation trips usually target travel agents and journalists, however, the Saint Lucia Tourist Board thought it was important to sharpen the knowledge of taxi drivers since they come into contact with so many consumers, and potential tourists, on a daily basis.
Studies show some 60 passengers ride in a London taxi every day so the improved product knowledge of taxi drivers will help strengthen Saint Lucian sales and marketing efforts in one of the world’s wealthiest markets. In addition, she indicated “the knowledge gained of Saint Lucia’s unique attributes will no doubt also filter to the drivers’ family members and friends.”
It is already educational for the drivers who, in order to qualify for the September 14 to 21 Saint Lucia trip, had to answer 10 questions about Saint Lucia, covering basic facts on the island as well as activities and special events.
Another condition is that drivers hand out either a special offer flyer or brochure from the host hotel they are stationed at to their passengers following their holidays in St Lucia. This will be done for two months, in October and November. Apart from taking in the island’s beautiful scenery, the drivers will also hold talks with their local counterparts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystal-clear water of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- 4 restaurants and 4 bars to suit every taste
- Children stay and eat FREE when sharing with 2 adults
- Supervised Kids Club for children from 2 to 11 years old
- Non-motorised water sports including: windsurfing, hobbie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Go for an all-inclusive experience where children and grown-ups each have their own world of endless fun, adventure and indulgement.
- Save a fantastic 60%!! and book a Deluxe Garden View Splash and Get a Free Upgrade to Deluxe Ocean View Splash
- Experience St Lucia's only water park attraction with beach, several swimming pools, waterfalls, lazy river and water slides
- Enjoy complimentary round trip transfers from Hewanorra International Airport
- Enjoy FREE $500 resort credit when staying a minimum of 7 nights to be used on tours, spa treatments, photography services and the in resort boutique
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Complimentary DOUBLE Room upgrade available when staying in a Verandah Suite
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Spoil yourself with eight days of limitless sun and sand on the Caribbean island of St Lucia. One of its brightest...