British cabs to push St Lucia holidays
A new initiative launched by St Lucia Tourist Board will take three London cab drivers to St Lucia holidays on a fam trip that will see them enjoying the best of what the country has to offer. In exchange they'll display images of St Lucia on their cabs.
It looks like British passers-bys will get a little glimpse into the beauties of St Lucia with a new "on-wheels" promotion of St Lucia holidays. After years of speaking of the wonders about this peculiar Caribbean island, tourist officials wanted to accelerate the promotional drive of selected London cabbies—by flying them to the island and offering them holidays in St Lucia.
Selected drivers of three St Lucia-branded taxis in London have begun experiencing St Lucia holidays and are currently making the most of this unique opportunity to enjoy first hand the many seducing experiences the island has to offer. It's no wonder drivers are all revved up to participate in this novel Saint Lucia Tourist Board (SLTB)-coordinated familiarisation trip that will see them cruising and exploring the most attractive and interesting facets of the island.
Explaining the innovative move, SLTB’s Vice President of Marketing and Sales Nerdin St Rose points out that familiarisation trips usually target travel agents and journalists, however, the Saint Lucia Tourist Board thought it was important to sharpen the knowledge of taxi drivers since they come into contact with so many consumers, and potential tourists, on a daily basis.
Studies show some 60 passengers ride in a London taxi every day so the improved product knowledge of taxi drivers will help strengthen Saint Lucian sales and marketing efforts in one of the world’s wealthiest markets. In addition, she indicated “the knowledge gained of Saint Lucia’s unique attributes will no doubt also filter to the drivers’ family members and friends.”
It is already educational for the drivers who, in order to qualify for the September 14 to 21 Saint Lucia trip, had to answer 10 questions about Saint Lucia, covering basic facts on the island as well as activities and special events.
Another condition is that drivers hand out either a special offer flyer or brochure from the host hotel they are stationed at to their passengers following their holidays in St Lucia. This will be done for two months, in October and November. Apart from taking in the island’s beautiful scenery, the drivers will also hold talks with their local counterparts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
The Hidden Gem Hideaway that offers the ultimate St Lucia experience at Marigot Bay Resort & Marina by Capella Hotel Group
- Book now and receive a FREE upgrade
- Boutique hotel hidden away in marigot bay
- Lush gardens and wonderful views of the marina
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...