Cuba holidays in Sancti Spiritus, Trinidad gaining popularity
Countries like Canada, Germany and France have shown an increasing interest in taking Cuba holidays in the province of Sancti Spiritus, more especifically in the UNESCO World Heritage site of Trinidad, a tiny town full of colonial wonders.
Canada, Germany and France were confirmed as the main source markets for the Sancti Spiritus-Trinidad holiday destination in Cuba.
At least this was what Reinier Rendón, Ministry of Turism’s delegate in Sancti Spiritus said, also referring to the reported increase of Canadian arrivals as compared with the same period in 2009 and signalling an ongoing strong growth in the market of Canadian travellers taking Cuba holidays.
This tendency is expected grow even bigger with the arrival of two new flights from Canada with a weekly frequency and flying to the airport of Cienfuegos during the rising of the tourism season, the official also revealed.
Rendon highlighted the efforts headed to regain Germany as source market as well as those aimed at promoting Sancti Spiritus destination. The status of tourism revenues and expenditures is favorable in this territory.
Cuban Tourism Ministry’s sources inform that the island is currently placed 9th among the most preferred destinations in the area.
According to the Cuban tourism website cubatravel.cu, tourists enjoying Cuba holidays in the Sancti Spiritus province, and more especifically in Trinidad, mostly came from countries European countries like Great Britain, Italy, Spain, Germany and France with the exception of Canada, who is also one of the main markets travelling to Cuba and the largest in volume in all of America. Latin American source markets were on the rise from January to June, especially Mexico and Argentina.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Trinidad Browse all
Explore all that Cuba has to offer from two hotels that have fantastic locations in the heart of the City
Comodoro Bungalows offers excellent leisure facilities in the heart of Havana and Brisas Trinidad del Mar sits beside the white sands of Playa Ancón
- Comodoro offers excellent leisure facilities in the heart of Havana with a large freeform swimming pool runs through the bungalow complex
- Brisas Trinidad is an all inclusive hotel offers a wonderful combination of beautiful beaches, fabulous facilities and access to Cuba's finest colonial city
- Both hotels are located by the sea but are also well situated for easy access to all the major attractions in the city centres
Discover all that Cuba has to offer from various locations sure to provide memories that will last a lifetime
- Enjoy a stay in the iconic Nacional de Cuba Hotel which is a national landmark and has hosted celebrities such as Frank Sinatra
- Jagua Hotel has an excellent location in the town centre and has fantastic amenities such as a 1950s retro look bar with music
- The all inclusive deluxe Brisas Trinidad Del Mar Hotel is a fantastic beach resort lcoated close to Trinidad
Soak up the heritage of Havana and Trinidad, both designated UNESCO sites, then relax and have fun at the most beautiful beach of Cuba, Varadero
- Best hotel in Trinidad, Travellers' Choice 2013 Winner by Trip Advisor .
- Glorious and peaceful setting on Varadero's world famous beach. Excellent choice of dining and entertainment options
- Boutique Havana hotel boasting a location by the harbour and one of the main squares in the historical centre
Enjoy the vibrancy of Havana, the heritage of Trinidad and the serene seaside beauty of Varadero
- Enjoy colonial grandeur in Trinidad and soak up the local time-warped atmosphere
- Bask on the glorious Varadero beach at a luxury, adults-only all-inclusive resort
- Stay in Havana's most highly rated hotel, with an iconic location facing Parque Central
Explore Cuba from every angle on a multi-centre package that takes you from Havana to Trinidad to Varadero. Start...
Revel in the old world charm of Havana as you explore this historically rich Cuban city. Take a ride in the old cars...
Explore the charms of Cuba with a stay in Havana, Trinidad and Varadero. For an intriguing start to your holiday head...
Hotel Palacio Del Marques De San Felipe Y Santiago De Bejucal + Iberostar Grand Hotel Trinidad + Iberostar Playa Alameda
Plunge into the heart of the attraction-laden Cuban capital Havana and immerse yourself in its dense history and rich...
Immerse yourself into the vibrant Cuban culture as you enjoy its eclectic cityscapes and beautifully diverse landscapes....
Comodoro Bungalows are located in the Comodoro Hotel and Bungalow Complex, in the heart of Havana’s Miramar...
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
The perfect retreat for scuba diving lovers, the Faro Luna lodge sits right next to the beautiful Rancho Luna Beach in a...