Dominican Republic holidays must adapt to changing times to remain kings of the Caribbean
According to the new Tourism Minister, Dominican Republic holidays need to revamp their image and renovate themselves if they want to keep up with the stiff competition in the region and continue being the leading holiday destination in the Caribbean.
Renovation is key for Dominican Republic holidays being able to keep their position as the most popular option for travellers embarking on Caribbean holidays. The country has been classed as the region's premier holiday destination but according to the new president of the Hotels and Tourism Association, the nation's tourism sector must be adapted to the new realities of the Caribbean holidays industry in order to secure its sustainability and competitiveness.
Even when Dominican Republic holidays continue to be a popular Caribbean holiday destination, many other countries in the region are catching up after the recession and many have been implementing new ways to capture the attention of travellers by renovating themselves and further distinguishing their product offferings. This has been the case for Jamaica holidays, for example, and other holiday destinations that have competed on price slashing as well as on establishing distinctive and unique factors.
Julio Llibre spoke during his debut as the entity’s new president, and hailed the coordination he said has marked the tenure of Tourism minister Francisco Javier Garcia.
“This is a time in which is necessary to make adjustments to assure the sustainability this important quantitative growth we’ve obtained thanks largely to the support the government has provided through the incentive laws, and to the strong participation of a private sector bolstered with the foreign investment,” Llibre said.
The tourism business leader said while that growth must continue, the great challenges are quality, to surmount the obstacles to competitiveness and to get the elite of leaders to acknowledge tourism’s leading role as the standard bearer of development.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dominican Republic Browse all
Enjoy Unlimited-Luxury and make the most of the stunning secluded setting at Bavaro beach
- Younger guests get to have limitless fun at the Explorer's Kids Club and the Core Zone Teens' Club.
- Enjoy a host of activities, including tennis, basketball, volleyball, bowling, golf, Horse riding, fishing, aerobics, dance classes, water sports.
- Premium All Inclusive property with a selection of food and beverages on offer
From the allure of the beach to the excellence of premium all-inclusive service, this is the place to make your every holiday dream an unforgettable reality
- Family friendly services including an Explorer's Club for kids and a Core Zone for teens
- De-stress at the world-class spa and select from an indulging array of treatments
- Enjoy an array of activities including watersports, golf, horse riding, organised ball games, aerobic, dance and Spanish classes and more.
A couples' dream, located between a lush green tropical jungle and a beautiful sandy beach ensures total relaxation
- The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience includes complimentary dinner, drinks and entertainment at a restaurant or bar at a participating resort of their choice
- Guestrooms and Suites provide a wealth of amenities including a daily refreshed mini bar, 24 hour room and concierge services, a large TV and much more
- The resort has a great location next to a pristine golden sand beach and lush tropical jungle
You'll be instantly rewarded with up to $3,600 resort credit to use towards spa treatments, golf, premium drinks and much more
- Complimentary Tickts available to see Shakira! Call for more details
- Stay for 10 Nights or more and up to 2 kids up to the age of 12 stay free
- Suites feature a double Jacuzzi and fully stocked mini bar including spirits and premium brands
- Choice of 13 swimming pools and 35 spa suites to relax in
- Get up to US$3600 Limitless Resort Credits which can be used towards selected Tours, Golf, Spa, Beauty Salon services, Romantic dinners and much more
A holiday at the Dominican Republic's Punta Cana is highly recommended for several reasons. Find out for yourself why so...
Unwind and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea at the all-inclusive Now Larimar Punta Cana, located on the...
A holiday on the picturesque beaches of the Dominican Republic is what most everyone dreams about. Make your dreams come...
Enjoy the best of the Dominican Republic with a holiday at Bayahibe, a resort town choke full of attractions. Beside...
Beautifully located on the Dominican Republic´s lush southeast coast, Casa de Campo is a magnificent eco-friendly...
Spend eight unforgettable days in the easternmost tip of the Dominican Republic enjoying Punta Cana's pristine beaches...