New Vivanta by Taj is launched for India, Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays
The luxury group of Indian Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces has now unveiled a new brand of deluxe hotels to cater to a new segment of their luxury market. The new Vivanta by Taj range of hotels will comprise 19 properties across their Indian Ocean resorts.
As part of their new initiatives to widen their hospitality offerings, the prestigious Indian hotelier Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces have now announced the launch of a stylish new brand of resorts to bring an even more refined level of luxury holidays in Sri Lanka, India and the Maldives.
Under the name of 'Vivanta by Taj', the new range of top high-end luxury hotels will comprise a total 19 hotels located across India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
They have established that 16 existing Taj Hotels will join 3 'Vivanta by Taj' properties already in the portfolio. The hotelier's main aim with this new project is to create a brand with an inventory of nearly 2,500 lavish rooms for the use of discerning travellers going on Sri Lanka holidays, India holidays or Maldives holidays. Expansion plans will also see the project grow to incorporate 30 more hotels across these holiday destinations with over 5,000 rooms over the next two years.
The overall expansion plan for Vivanta by Taj includes the opening of hotels in exciting and off the beaten track holiday destinations, including Madikeri in Coorg, Bekal in north Kerala and Srinagar in Kashmir. The new destinations will make for more exotic Maldives holidays, India holidays and Sri Lanka holidays.
The new development and launch of the follows the unveiling of another key Taj Hotels brand, The Gateway Hotel, which was introduced exactly two years ago.
The new 'Vivanta by Taj' is positioned in the upper-upscale segment of the market, flanked by Taj at the top-end luxury segment and The Gateway Hotel in the upscale segment. This new brand will be targeted at the cosmopolitan global traveller who values style, contemporary design, creative experiences and luxury service.
As a member of Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces, Vivanta by Taj also prides itself on its classic Indian warmth and friendliness, seeking to offer its guests a luxury home from home.
When commenting about the new brand, Indian Hotels Company chief executive Raymond Bickson said: “The launch of Vivanta by Taj heralds a new chapter in the 107 year history of the Taj.
“This brand is a testament to the dynamism and innovation that Taj is known for.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
Private tour visiting many great cities such as Sigiriya, Polonnaruwa and Kandy
- English speaking chauffer guide for the Entire Round Tour
- Enjoy the game drive through Minneriya National Park which is a home to sambar deer, leopards and elephants and features the ancient Minneriya Tank
- The Highlights of Sri Lanka Private Tour showcases some of the most interesting cultural and historic sites in the world
Set amidst a landscape of lush vegetation, mountains and the clear waters of the Indian Ocean, the Heritage Awali oozes luxury and offers first-class service
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy attentive all-inclusive service in a unique setting in Bel Ombre with its own nature reserve
- Get a complimentary round of golf per day and a free spa treatment per stay
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room (book by 20 December)
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Sri Lanka is the land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a...
Nazri Resort has a prime location on the edge of the white sandy Baga Beach set in lush greenery and is flanked by the...
Take a trip to Sri Lanka and enjoy the warm hospitality at Avani Bentota. It is a resort located along the popular...
With the most strikingly beautiful of settings, amongst green coconut groves and facing the golden sands just at the...