New Vivanta by Taj is launched for India, Sri Lanka and Maldives holidays
The luxury group of Indian Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces has now unveiled a new brand of deluxe hotels to cater to a new segment of their luxury market. The new Vivanta by Taj range of hotels will comprise 19 properties across their Indian Ocean resorts.
As part of their new initiatives to widen their hospitality offerings, the prestigious Indian hotelier Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces have now announced the launch of a stylish new brand of resorts to bring an even more refined level of luxury holidays in Sri Lanka, India and the Maldives.
Under the name of 'Vivanta by Taj', the new range of top high-end luxury hotels will comprise a total 19 hotels located across India, Sri Lanka and the Maldives.
They have established that 16 existing Taj Hotels will join 3 'Vivanta by Taj' properties already in the portfolio. The hotelier's main aim with this new project is to create a brand with an inventory of nearly 2,500 lavish rooms for the use of discerning travellers going on Sri Lanka holidays, India holidays or Maldives holidays. Expansion plans will also see the project grow to incorporate 30 more hotels across these holiday destinations with over 5,000 rooms over the next two years.
The overall expansion plan for Vivanta by Taj includes the opening of hotels in exciting and off the beaten track holiday destinations, including Madikeri in Coorg, Bekal in north Kerala and Srinagar in Kashmir. The new destinations will make for more exotic Maldives holidays, India holidays and Sri Lanka holidays.
The new development and launch of the follows the unveiling of another key Taj Hotels brand, The Gateway Hotel, which was introduced exactly two years ago.
The new 'Vivanta by Taj' is positioned in the upper-upscale segment of the market, flanked by Taj at the top-end luxury segment and The Gateway Hotel in the upscale segment. This new brand will be targeted at the cosmopolitan global traveller who values style, contemporary design, creative experiences and luxury service.
As a member of Taj Hotels Resorts & Palaces, Vivanta by Taj also prides itself on its classic Indian warmth and friendliness, seeking to offer its guests a luxury home from home.
When commenting about the new brand, Indian Hotels Company chief executive Raymond Bickson said: “The launch of Vivanta by Taj heralds a new chapter in the 107 year history of the Taj.
“This brand is a testament to the dynamism and innovation that Taj is known for.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Indian Ocean Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
The beauty of the East coast of Mauritius is without question, and all can be enjoyed at Laguna Beach Hotel & Spa, set...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Discover the untold treasures of the capital of the Indian state of Kerala with an eight-day excursion to Trivandrum. It...
Set upon Sri Lanka’s southern coast, the Hibiscus Beach Hotel offers tranquillity and seclusion at an affordable price....
Stay in a world of luxury and comfort at Citrus Waskaduwa, a fantastic beach retreat with top of the range amenities and...