The Holiday Place participates in the London Bridgathon 2010
The Holiday Place just announced the successful participation of one of their directors at the recent London Bridgathon 2010, a charity event raising funds for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma unit at UCLH, which the company helped sponsor and support.
Last Sunday 19th September, one of the Directors of The Holiday Place successfully completed a 6-mile walking marathon across some of London's most important bridges in support of a life-giving charity for patients diagnosed with leukaemia and lymphoma.
The London Bridgathon 2010 had the main aim of raising awareness about these life-threatening types of blood cancer and raising funds for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Unit at the University College London Hospital (UCLH), an exceptional unit providing vital care to critically ill patients.
The Bridgathon route began and ended at Jubilee Gardens by the London Eye, crossing the bridges of Westminster, Hungerford, Waterloo and the Millennium Bridge. It lasted approximately 3 hours at a moderate pace as the walk was aimed at encouraging every ability to participate, including ill patients currently undertaking treatment.
A 26-year-old patient currently receiving treatment at the UCLH Leukaemia and Lymphoma unit declared before the walk: "My family and friends are doing a hospital organised walk to raise money for the ward I am on at UCLH. Please can you all donate, the staff here have literally saved my life, I can't express to you how amazing this unit is."
For this event, employees at The Holiday Place gladly chipped in to help support the important cause, with the Human Resources Manager, Siona Gehr, leading the collecting of funds and proudly declaring: "The staff at the Holiday Place were delighted to support their Finance Director in raising funds for such a worthwhile campaign. They regularly take part in donating to charity and have raised money for The British Heart Foundation, The National Blind Children's Society, Lennox Children's Cancer Fund, The Wishes & Dreams Trust and The Breast Cancer Campaign over the past few years. Neil always joins in and contributes so this was their chance to offer him encouragement and champion his cause."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica.
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all it's gems on this in depth tour with a fabulous beach stay
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
Soak in the vitamin D on Phuket’s sun-kissed coastline with a stay the Rawai Palm Beach Resort, a matter of steps from...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...