The Holiday Place participates in the London Bridgathon 2010
The Holiday Place just announced the successful participation of one of their directors at the recent London Bridgathon 2010, a charity event raising funds for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma unit at UCLH, which the company helped sponsor and support.
Last Sunday 19th September, one of the Directors of The Holiday Place successfully completed a 6-mile walking marathon across some of London's most important bridges in support of a life-giving charity for patients diagnosed with leukaemia and lymphoma.
The London Bridgathon 2010 had the main aim of raising awareness about these life-threatening types of blood cancer and raising funds for the Leukaemia and Lymphoma Unit at the University College London Hospital (UCLH), an exceptional unit providing vital care to critically ill patients.
The Bridgathon route began and ended at Jubilee Gardens by the London Eye, crossing the bridges of Westminster, Hungerford, Waterloo and the Millennium Bridge. It lasted approximately 3 hours at a moderate pace as the walk was aimed at encouraging every ability to participate, including ill patients currently undertaking treatment.
A 26-year-old patient currently receiving treatment at the UCLH Leukaemia and Lymphoma unit declared before the walk: "My family and friends are doing a hospital organised walk to raise money for the ward I am on at UCLH. Please can you all donate, the staff here have literally saved my life, I can't express to you how amazing this unit is."
For this event, employees at The Holiday Place gladly chipped in to help support the important cause, with the Human Resources Manager, Siona Gehr, leading the collecting of funds and proudly declaring: "The staff at the Holiday Place were delighted to support their Finance Director in raising funds for such a worthwhile campaign. They regularly take part in donating to charity and have raised money for The British Heart Foundation, The National Blind Children's Society, Lennox Children's Cancer Fund, The Wishes & Dreams Trust and The Breast Cancer Campaign over the past few years. Neil always joins in and contributes so this was their chance to offer him encouragement and champion his cause."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Prepare to be wowed and dazzled by mystical encounters, ancient cities, marvellous wonders and unique sites as you discover the real and magical Jordan.
- Enjoy a stop-off at Mount Nebo where Prophet Moses viewed the Promised Land
- Visit the Dead Sea & enjoy a drive along the 2000-year-old Kings Highway
- Experience Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, recently voted as one of the New 7 Wonders of the World
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Fairmont Ajman is surrounded by stunning white sandy beaches and year round sunshine, just 30 minutes from the bustling...