South Africa holidays to sponsor WTM's Meridian Club
As a key strategy to keep up the promotion of South Africa holidays and maintain the success they've been enjoying recently as a result of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, South Africa Tourism has joined forces with Meridian Club as a partner for the WTM 2010.
The southern part of the African continent is now more keen than ever to keep promoting South Africa holidays. And the latest step to maintain the popularity of South Africa holidays was revealed recently as the World Travel Market’s buyers club Meridian Club were delighted to announce South African Tourism as its exclusive partner for WTM 2010.
South African Tourism plans to use this sponsorship of Meridian Club, the leading club for the travel and tourism industry’s most senior buyers, to put South Africa holidays at the forefront of the global industry. Thanks to the country’s successful hosting of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ the country has received a boost as a desirable holiday destination to the world’s holidaymakers.
The sponsorship of Meridian Club is designed to reinforce this image to the travel and tourism industry and increase the number of buyers purchasing South African product at World Travel Market, the premier global event for the travel industry.
South African Chief Marketing Officer, Roshene Singh said: “South Africa’s successful hosting of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ not only showcased the country’s ability to host such major events but also the country’s diversity and beauty and the friendliness of its people.
“South African Tourism is sponsoring Meridian Club at WTM 2010 to build on the success of the World Cup and to make sure the industry’s top buyers increase their purchasing of South African product to fulfil the demand of the world’s holidaymakers to visit the country.”
Meridian Club Marketing Manager Mark Jakobsen added: “Meridian Club is delighted South African Tourism is sponsoring Meridian Club at WTM 2010.
“Meridian Club helped WTM 2009 generate more than £1,139 million in travel industry business deals. 2010 is poised to generate even more business for the industry. I’m confident South African Tourism will see a significant increase in its business at WTM through its sponsorship of Meridian Club.”
Meridian Club has 24,000 members with around 11,000 attending World Travel Market every year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Explore the peaceful waterways of the V&A Waterfront Marina on a getaway in Cape Town.
- The comfortable apartments - The apartments are comfortable and filled with all the amenities you could wish for
- The V&A Waterfront Marina location – Being surrounded by good views , shops and restaurants this location serves as the perfect spot within which to get in the holiday spirit
- The self-catering facilities- Enjoy the added flexibility this brings
Best of Cape Town, Garden Route & Safari tour is your perfect choice to find out about the country, its history and culture.
- Your journey includes 3 exciting game drives to spot Africa's "Big Five": lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard and rhinoceros
- Highlights includes: Cape Town Garden Route seeing the Cango Caves and the Swartberg Mountain, safari game drives, The Winelands, Monkeyland, Knysna Forest and more
- Excellent services included in the tour: 10 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Relaxing and unforgetable experince with 11 nights tour including an excellent range of facilities
- Experience the fruitful lifestyle of the Cape Region
- Discover the spectacular landscapes of the Kruger region
- Travel to Karongwe Private Game Reserve to get exclusive access, day and night, to a wide range of animals including the "Big Five"
With dramatic landscapes, wildlife galore and diverse cultures, South Africa provides the most thrilling and unique escape from everyday life.
- Explore the sights of South Africa, including Drakensberg Mountains, the Kapama Game Reserve, Hazyview town, fruit orchards, Shangana, the Kruger National Park, the Cape Winelands, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Cape Town, the peninsula and Simon’s town.
- Enjoy nonstop activities to suit every taste. Try nature walks, safari trips, a bush walk, cultural activities, river rafting, tubing, abseiling, zip lining, aerial cable trails, quad biking, elephant interactions and horseback safaris and much more.
- Stay at a comfortable and homely array of hotels and lodges including: the Iketla Lodge; the Kapama River Lodge; the Rissington Inn Guest House; the L’Avenir Country Lodge and the Cape Milner Hotel.
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
HIGHLIGHTS TOUR SAFARI, WINELANDS & CAPE TOWN South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...