South Africa holidays to sponsor WTM's Meridian Club
As a key strategy to keep up the promotion of South Africa holidays and maintain the success they've been enjoying recently as a result of the 2010 FIFA World Cup, South Africa Tourism has joined forces with Meridian Club as a partner for the WTM 2010.
The southern part of the African continent is now more keen than ever to keep promoting South Africa holidays. And the latest step to maintain the popularity of South Africa holidays was revealed recently as the World Travel Market’s buyers club Meridian Club were delighted to announce South African Tourism as its exclusive partner for WTM 2010.
South African Tourism plans to use this sponsorship of Meridian Club, the leading club for the travel and tourism industry’s most senior buyers, to put South Africa holidays at the forefront of the global industry. Thanks to the country’s successful hosting of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ the country has received a boost as a desirable holiday destination to the world’s holidaymakers.
The sponsorship of Meridian Club is designed to reinforce this image to the travel and tourism industry and increase the number of buyers purchasing South African product at World Travel Market, the premier global event for the travel industry.
South African Chief Marketing Officer, Roshene Singh said: “South Africa’s successful hosting of the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ not only showcased the country’s ability to host such major events but also the country’s diversity and beauty and the friendliness of its people.
“South African Tourism is sponsoring Meridian Club at WTM 2010 to build on the success of the World Cup and to make sure the industry’s top buyers increase their purchasing of South African product to fulfil the demand of the world’s holidaymakers to visit the country.”
Meridian Club Marketing Manager Mark Jakobsen added: “Meridian Club is delighted South African Tourism is sponsoring Meridian Club at WTM 2010.
“Meridian Club helped WTM 2009 generate more than £1,139 million in travel industry business deals. 2010 is poised to generate even more business for the industry. I’m confident South African Tourism will see a significant increase in its business at WTM through its sponsorship of Meridian Club.”
Meridian Club has 24,000 members with around 11,000 attending World Travel Market every year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In South Africa Browse all
Travel through the wonderful winelands region of South Africa before a short stay in a fully-equipped Dubai city hotel
- Doubletree by Hilton Al Barsha is set in Dubai's Al Barsha area, close to world-class shops, restaurants and popular Dubai attractions, just behind the Mall of The Emirates.
- Rental car included for the tour of South Africa
- Travel through the Winelands and Cape Peninsula in one of the most beautiful areas of the world
Discover the beauty of South Africa and the buzz of Dubai
- Explore amazing Dubai while staying at Hilton Garden Inn Mall of The Emirates
- Your journey in South Africa includes all meals and 2 game drives per day
- Excellent services included in the tour: 6 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
With access to a private game reserve, you'll be given a personal safari experience like no other!
- Marvel at the impressive Cango Caves, filled with weird and wonderful stalactite and stalagmite formations
- Seek out the small breeding colony of African Penguins at Stony Point
- Ascend one of the New Seven Wonders of Nature - the majestic Table Mountain
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
Overview South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Nestled upon the St Lucia Estuary, the elephant lake hotel is surrounded by natural beauty and offers a thrilling array...
Surrounded by more than 8,000 hectares of malaria free, unspoiled African bushveld, the affordable, laidback and...
Sprinkled alongside the tranquil waterways of the picturesque V&A Waterfront Marina, The waterfront village boasts a...