Caribbean holidays industry welcome $2.2m regional tourism project
Numerous businesses which specialise in the tourism and Caribbean holidays industry will benefit from a new $2.2 million regional project funded by the European Union and the PROINVEST agency, aimed at helping to improve the quality of services.
Eighty businesses that specialise in Caribbean holidays and tourism across the Caribbean will benefit from a $2.2 million regional project which will be aimed at improving the services available to tourists and clients.
Businesses across Antigua, Barbados, the Bahamas, Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Tobago will receive help from the new Caribbean project where they will receive hospitality assured certification.
The regional programme will last 15 months and will help all types of businesses in the Caribbean holidays industry including hotels, historic sites and attractions, restaurants, dive operators and many other tourism services.
The programme was officially launched at the Collymore Rock, St Michael headquarters of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) after many people had complained that the level of service was of an average standard and there were only "pockets of excellent service within the region".
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation's Director of Human Relations, Bonita Morgan, said: "We want to change that thinking and to change to culture within the organisations to recognise that .... to really be competitive in this very competitive business of tourism that we are in the business of service quality has to be one of the key areas that we pay attention to."
CTO's Secretary General Hugh Riley believe that many promoters and tourism planners within the Caribbean holidays industry were confusing value with discount and deals and said that the new project had come just in time as the Caribbean begins to recover from the aftermath of the global economic recession. The EU is hoping that tourists arrivals in regions across the Caribbean will return to the level they were at two years ago.
Tourism officials hope that the new project will help encourage more travellers to book their Caribbean holidays and help give a boost in tourism to business including Antigua hotels, and historic sites and attractions for travellers enjoying Barbados holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 15th Dec
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Submerge yourself into the interesting culture of Old Havana while you spend 8 days at one of its most centric and...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...