Caribbean holidays industry welcome $2.2m regional tourism project
Numerous businesses which specialise in the tourism and Caribbean holidays industry will benefit from a new $2.2 million regional project funded by the European Union and the PROINVEST agency, aimed at helping to improve the quality of services.
Eighty businesses that specialise in Caribbean holidays and tourism across the Caribbean will benefit from a $2.2 million regional project which will be aimed at improving the services available to tourists and clients.
Businesses across Antigua, Barbados, the Bahamas, Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Tobago will receive help from the new Caribbean project where they will receive hospitality assured certification.
The regional programme will last 15 months and will help all types of businesses in the Caribbean holidays industry including hotels, historic sites and attractions, restaurants, dive operators and many other tourism services.
The programme was officially launched at the Collymore Rock, St Michael headquarters of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) after many people had complained that the level of service was of an average standard and there were only "pockets of excellent service within the region".
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation's Director of Human Relations, Bonita Morgan, said: "We want to change that thinking and to change to culture within the organisations to recognise that .... to really be competitive in this very competitive business of tourism that we are in the business of service quality has to be one of the key areas that we pay attention to."
CTO's Secretary General Hugh Riley believe that many promoters and tourism planners within the Caribbean holidays industry were confusing value with discount and deals and said that the new project had come just in time as the Caribbean begins to recover from the aftermath of the global economic recession. The EU is hoping that tourists arrivals in regions across the Caribbean will return to the level they were at two years ago.
Tourism officials hope that the new project will help encourage more travellers to book their Caribbean holidays and help give a boost in tourism to business including Antigua hotels, and historic sites and attractions for travellers enjoying Barbados holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy a wide range of added values, fun activities or relax and lie under the sun on exclusive private beach area in Varadero
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and enjoy all fun activities from waters sports to golf lessons at Breezes Bella Costa
- Experience Varadero to the fullest with fantastic options for couples, families or singles as there is something to suit everyone
- Memories Miramar Hotel has a fantastic location and is only a 5-minute walk from the nearest beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Well located in the heart of Havana's historic Old town, close to Central Park and minutes away from the National Theatre, the Capitol and Hemingway's favourite bar, the Floridita
- Iberostar Parque Central is a great base to discover all this unique city has to offer
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero such as erobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and much more.
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further. Home to ancient...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...