Caribbean holidays industry welcome $2.2m regional tourism project
Numerous businesses which specialise in the tourism and Caribbean holidays industry will benefit from a new $2.2 million regional project funded by the European Union and the PROINVEST agency, aimed at helping to improve the quality of services.
Eighty businesses that specialise in Caribbean holidays and tourism across the Caribbean will benefit from a $2.2 million regional project which will be aimed at improving the services available to tourists and clients.
Businesses across Antigua, Barbados, the Bahamas, Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Tobago will receive help from the new Caribbean project where they will receive hospitality assured certification.
The regional programme will last 15 months and will help all types of businesses in the Caribbean holidays industry including hotels, historic sites and attractions, restaurants, dive operators and many other tourism services.
The programme was officially launched at the Collymore Rock, St Michael headquarters of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) after many people had complained that the level of service was of an average standard and there were only "pockets of excellent service within the region".
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation's Director of Human Relations, Bonita Morgan, said: "We want to change that thinking and to change to culture within the organisations to recognise that .... to really be competitive in this very competitive business of tourism that we are in the business of service quality has to be one of the key areas that we pay attention to."
CTO's Secretary General Hugh Riley believe that many promoters and tourism planners within the Caribbean holidays industry were confusing value with discount and deals and said that the new project had come just in time as the Caribbean begins to recover from the aftermath of the global economic recession. The EU is hoping that tourists arrivals in regions across the Caribbean will return to the level they were at two years ago.
Tourism officials hope that the new project will help encourage more travellers to book their Caribbean holidays and help give a boost in tourism to business including Antigua hotels, and historic sites and attractions for travellers enjoying Barbados holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Stay at the luxurious Dreams resort with various benefits including a room upgrade to make your holiday extra special
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy moonlit themed parties, great music shows and outdoor cinema screenings on the beach
- A wide choice of a la carte themed restaurants and chic bars ensure there is something to suit everyone
- The Explorer's Kids Club has a fully supervised children's programme with various different activities
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...