New General Manager appointed to oversee re-opening of Mauritius holidays at the Grand Mauritian
The Grand Mauritian resort is to benefit from the extensive expertise and innovative tactics of their newly appointed General Manager, who will personally oversee the re-opening of the resort and bring a fresh approach to the quality of services offered.
After announcing the re-opening of Mauritius holidays at The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, the resort has appointed Jan Bundgaard as General Manager, responsible for over-seeing the re-launch of the stunning 193 room property.
Having opened for the first time in summer 2008 on the north-west coast of the island, to provide distinctive luxury Mauritius holidays to discerning travellers, The Grand Mauritian is currently undergoing extensive upgrades, with highlights including a new designer beachfront area designed to improve access to the ocean and create a stunning landscaped al-fresco setting for guests.
The newly appointed manage is set to bring a fresh approach to the quality of Mauritius holidays offered at the resort. With a history of implementing service and product innovations, Bundgaard brings over 20 years international hotel management experience to the role, gained across Asia, the Caribbean, India and Indonesia.
Mr Bungaard has already succeeded in managing excellent Barbados holidays in Sandy Lane and across many other great beach holiday destinations. After obtaining a Diploma in Hotel Management from Caesar Ritz, Switzerland, and completing management training in London, Bundgaard has held positions at some of the world’s leading properties including the Luxury Collection resort and the Westin in Nusa Dua, Bali, the Westin Kuala Lumpur and most recently Westin Mumbai Garden City.
With bright career highlights that include hosting the 2007 UN Climate Change Conference at the Westin Nusa Dua and Bali Convention Centre and over-seeing the opening of a number of international properties providing exceptional luxury holidays across many popular holiday destinations, Bundgaard’s extensive leadership skills and industry knowledge are perfectly placed to take The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to a new level.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Live and breathe the real Mauritius for a week in an intimate boutique hotel set by clear turquoise waters and powdery-soft sands, with great facilities for everyone in the family.
- Features an excellent Children's Club offering great activities for the young ones
- Children stay free when sharing with parents
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Bring the kids along or come with your partner for a romantically secluded hideaway in a resort that excels at providing special separate spaces for adults and families
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Zilwa offers two experiences in one with a designated adults-only area and a separate family section
- Experience the sunrise boat trip, BBQ on the beach and treasure hunts for the little ones
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Coin De Mire is a boutique hotel set on the north coast of Mauritius, an area of white beaches, clear turquoise waters...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...