New General Manager appointed to oversee re-opening of Mauritius holidays at the Grand Mauritian
The Grand Mauritian resort is to benefit from the extensive expertise and innovative tactics of their newly appointed General Manager, who will personally oversee the re-opening of the resort and bring a fresh approach to the quality of services offered.
After announcing the re-opening of Mauritius holidays at The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, the resort has appointed Jan Bundgaard as General Manager, responsible for over-seeing the re-launch of the stunning 193 room property.
Having opened for the first time in summer 2008 on the north-west coast of the island, to provide distinctive luxury Mauritius holidays to discerning travellers, The Grand Mauritian is currently undergoing extensive upgrades, with highlights including a new designer beachfront area designed to improve access to the ocean and create a stunning landscaped al-fresco setting for guests.
The newly appointed manage is set to bring a fresh approach to the quality of Mauritius holidays offered at the resort. With a history of implementing service and product innovations, Bundgaard brings over 20 years international hotel management experience to the role, gained across Asia, the Caribbean, India and Indonesia.
Mr Bungaard has already succeeded in managing excellent Barbados holidays in Sandy Lane and across many other great beach holiday destinations. After obtaining a Diploma in Hotel Management from Caesar Ritz, Switzerland, and completing management training in London, Bundgaard has held positions at some of the world’s leading properties including the Luxury Collection resort and the Westin in Nusa Dua, Bali, the Westin Kuala Lumpur and most recently Westin Mumbai Garden City.
With bright career highlights that include hosting the 2007 UN Climate Change Conference at the Westin Nusa Dua and Bali Convention Centre and over-seeing the opening of a number of international properties providing exceptional luxury holidays across many popular holiday destinations, Bundgaard’s extensive leadership skills and industry knowledge are perfectly placed to take The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to a new level.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Take delight in the bare necessities of life when you stay at this peaceful retreat, created for body and soul rejuvenation.
- Enjoy delicious seafood barefeet in the sand at L'Ocean restaurant
- Admire beautiful sunsets from the deck around the infinity pool
- Treat yourself with a complimentary Hammam at the Spa Attitude
With three beautiful beaches to choose from, this one-of-a-kind retreat offers bespoke experiences with a soothing and rejuvenating Feng Shui philosophy
- Relax at the spa - providing an combination experience of nutrition, yoga, spa treatments & retreats
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Enjoy complimentary activities including snorkelling, kayaking, water skiing, glass-bottom boat trips or some unique experience such as cinema screenings on the beach, secret bar or message in a bottle with hidden surprises
Set on the island's longest beach, beside a snorkelling paradise, Long Beach is a modern wonder with mountain scenery and an urban twist
- Enjoy a range of water sports including kayaking, boat tours and paddles boats
- Golfers can take advantage of complimentary green fees and the Free Shuttle Service to Ile aux Cerfs Championship Course
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. This 4-star resort combines natural beauty and contemporary...
Enjoy a stunning view on the east coast of Mauritius. Solana Beach is a luxury 4-star resort that combines natural...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
When you're looking for the perfect holiday, it's nice to have some assurances. As well as being a three star plus...