New General Manager appointed to oversee re-opening of Mauritius holidays at the Grand Mauritian
The Grand Mauritian resort is to benefit from the extensive expertise and innovative tactics of their newly appointed General Manager, who will personally oversee the re-opening of the resort and bring a fresh approach to the quality of services offered.
After announcing the re-opening of Mauritius holidays at The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, the resort has appointed Jan Bundgaard as General Manager, responsible for over-seeing the re-launch of the stunning 193 room property.
Having opened for the first time in summer 2008 on the north-west coast of the island, to provide distinctive luxury Mauritius holidays to discerning travellers, The Grand Mauritian is currently undergoing extensive upgrades, with highlights including a new designer beachfront area designed to improve access to the ocean and create a stunning landscaped al-fresco setting for guests.
The newly appointed manage is set to bring a fresh approach to the quality of Mauritius holidays offered at the resort. With a history of implementing service and product innovations, Bundgaard brings over 20 years international hotel management experience to the role, gained across Asia, the Caribbean, India and Indonesia.
Mr Bungaard has already succeeded in managing excellent Barbados holidays in Sandy Lane and across many other great beach holiday destinations. After obtaining a Diploma in Hotel Management from Caesar Ritz, Switzerland, and completing management training in London, Bundgaard has held positions at some of the world’s leading properties including the Luxury Collection resort and the Westin in Nusa Dua, Bali, the Westin Kuala Lumpur and most recently Westin Mumbai Garden City.
With bright career highlights that include hosting the 2007 UN Climate Change Conference at the Westin Nusa Dua and Bali Convention Centre and over-seeing the opening of a number of international properties providing exceptional luxury holidays across many popular holiday destinations, Bundgaard’s extensive leadership skills and industry knowledge are perfectly placed to take The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to a new level.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Make the most of the private beach, stunning sea views and a great selection of facilities that help you relieve yourself of the stresses of modern life.
- Revel in complimentary kayaking, glass bottom boating, tennis and more sports
- Enjoy culinary delights that suit all tastes from Mauritian, Asian and International to beach and poolside options
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
Mauritius is more than sugar and spice, it's a melting pot of fusion cooking, hospitable islanders and stunning natural surroundings - experience it all at the Intercontinental Mauritius
- Relax & rejuvenate at the Yuj Spa - Inspired by the various local cultural manipulation and wellness practices
- Exclusive Added Values in Mauritius: Dinner on the beach for two with fresh fruits on arrival in the room
- Indulge in a selection of Four Restaurants from Asian Fusion, Indian to Mauritian Cuisine
- Enjoy Evening Entertainment including Dance shows & Music Bands
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The Ambre Hotel is one exclusive property that will enthral travellers and boasts uninterrupted views of the tropical...
A mix of colonial heritage and contemporary design with tropical accents, The Ravenala Attitude is the first 4-star,...
Get rid of stress and become one with nature at the Merville Beach - Grand Baie hotel in Mauritius. Located next to a...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...
With a private beachfront in the beautifully landscaped resort of Bel Ombre, Outrigger Mauritius Beach Resort provides...