New General Manager appointed to oversee re-opening of Mauritius holidays at the Grand Mauritian
The Grand Mauritian resort is to benefit from the extensive expertise and innovative tactics of their newly appointed General Manager, who will personally oversee the re-opening of the resort and bring a fresh approach to the quality of services offered.
After announcing the re-opening of Mauritius holidays at The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa, the resort has appointed Jan Bundgaard as General Manager, responsible for over-seeing the re-launch of the stunning 193 room property.
Having opened for the first time in summer 2008 on the north-west coast of the island, to provide distinctive luxury Mauritius holidays to discerning travellers, The Grand Mauritian is currently undergoing extensive upgrades, with highlights including a new designer beachfront area designed to improve access to the ocean and create a stunning landscaped al-fresco setting for guests.
The newly appointed manage is set to bring a fresh approach to the quality of Mauritius holidays offered at the resort. With a history of implementing service and product innovations, Bundgaard brings over 20 years international hotel management experience to the role, gained across Asia, the Caribbean, India and Indonesia.
Mr Bungaard has already succeeded in managing excellent Barbados holidays in Sandy Lane and across many other great beach holiday destinations. After obtaining a Diploma in Hotel Management from Caesar Ritz, Switzerland, and completing management training in London, Bundgaard has held positions at some of the world’s leading properties including the Luxury Collection resort and the Westin in Nusa Dua, Bali, the Westin Kuala Lumpur and most recently Westin Mumbai Garden City.
With bright career highlights that include hosting the 2007 UN Climate Change Conference at the Westin Nusa Dua and Bali Convention Centre and over-seeing the opening of a number of international properties providing exceptional luxury holidays across many popular holiday destinations, Bundgaard’s extensive leadership skills and industry knowledge are perfectly placed to take The Grand Mauritian, a Luxury Collection Resort & Spa to a new level.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mauritius Browse all
Fun and relaxation for all the family - there's something for everyone at Laguna Beach, come and discover it for yourself
- Romantic boutique hotel at the beautiful Fisherman's Cove
- Winner of TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for three years in a row
- Complimentary watersport like glass bottom boat, windsurfing, kayaks, snorkeling and more
For an amazing price, you can experience a tropical paradise where everything is included - Ambre Resort offers affordable luxury for all to enjoy
- Free Sports including Golf at the 18 hole championship golf course at Le Touessrok Mauriitus
- Enjoy an selection of restaurants and Bar inlcuding s swim up bar
- Ambre resorts has stunning view of the Indian Ocean and boasts a 700-metres long white natural beach
Join the party spirit at Tamassa, a lively resort where you can chill in a hammock, watch a movie on the beach at dusk, and leave life's stresses a million miles away
- Enjoy a wide variety of water sports and activities including windsurfing, kayaking, snorkelling, water skiing, and so much more to do
- Dine in a romantic atmosphere in one of the resorts restaurants with theatrical culinary shows
- free room upgrade to superior room
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- Stay at this fabolous resort offering vibrant accommodation with all rooms sea-facing
luxury resort ideal for both couples and families
- Click through for our special Honeymoon Offers
- Located on the Bel Ombre's beach the resort is offering own nature reserve to explore
- Guests can benefit from a daily free green fees, mini bar in each room, or the fabulous spa treatments including one free 45-minute spa treatment per person per stay
Prepare to be blown away by the unparalleled beauty of the north eastern coast of Mauritius as you spend eight days on...
One of the newest and most beautiful hotels to be gracing the sunkissed eastern shore of Mauritius in Palmar, the Ambre...
Spend seven magical days in the beautiful Mauritius, enjoying its Indian Ocean coastline. The Heritage Awali gives you a...
Located on the sandy beach of the north-west coast of Mauritius, Les Cocotiers enjoys a close proximity to the island's...
Situated on the northwest coast of Mauritius, Le Meridien Ile Maurice sits at the edge of an 800m white sand beach by...
Situated in the North West of Mauritius, Recif Attitude is an exclusive adults only hotel, overlooking a marine...