Another great award for St Lucia holidays at the Jalousie Plantation
And it is time for yet another award to grace the highly acclaimed Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach hotel in St Lucia, this time from Conde Nast Traveller's 2010 Awards Edition giving the resort the title of "Favourite Overseas Leisure Hotel"
For long St Lucia holidays at the Jalousie Plantation have been receiving much praise by travellers who highly acclaim it as one of the most spectacular places in which to enjoy luxury holidays in St Lucia, as well as awarding bodies in the hotel industry who have prized the hotel with one too many accolades and recognitions, the latest of which comes at the hands of Conde Nast Traveller 2010. The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach on the scenic west coast of St Lucia took first place for Favorite Overseas Hotel in the Americas and Caribbean at the Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards announced in London on Wednesday. The resort, which is undergoing a US$100 million enhancement that will see the property re-branded and re-launched as The Tides Sugar Beach next year, was also named at number 25 on the readers’ list of the top 100 Places and Hotels in the World—the first time The Jalousie Plantation has been afforded such accolades.
Located in the Val des Pitons (Valley of the Pitons), a UNESCO World Heritage site, St Lucia holidays spent here enjoy a uniquely spectacular setting with over 100 acres of virgin rainforest and the only white sand beach in the south west of the island—a fact that obviously impressed readers. According to the October issue of Conde Nast Traveller magazine (UK), there is “no leisure hotel in The Americas and the Caribbean that readers would rather stay than The Jalousie Plantation on St Lucia.”
Readers who have experienced the unique level of luxury during St Lucia holidays at the Jalousie gave the resort an overall top score of 92.49 for its location. They also rated it above 90 for environmental friendliness and service, giving Jalousie an overall score of 91.87 and a place in the World’s top 25.
Earlier this year, Conde Nast Traveller asked readers to vote for the things they really liked about travel, from business hotels to destination spas, airlines to specialist tour operators. They were then asked to rate their choices according to various criteria, such as service and value for money. From these responses, the magazine calculated the average mark on each criterion, and used this to provide the overall satisfaction percentage figure in the eague tables and The World’s Top 25.
“We are delighted to have achieved such recognition and would like to thank the readers of Conde Nast Traveller for their clear endorsement of The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach,” the resort’s General Manager, Andre Boersma said.
“This is particularly gratifying bearing in mind that The Jalousie Plantation is in the midst of an extensive enhancement project and is very much a property in transition. The fact that we have been voted the best in the Caribbean and the Americas shows that we are on the right track and we are excited about what the future will hold as we are getting even better every day,” he added.
“Rest assured we won’t be resting on our laurels, but working hard to ensure the same levels of service and attention to detail that helped us to achieve the support of Conde Nast Traveller readers.”
The Jalousie Plantation beautifully located on a hilltop location overlookng Sugar Beach was the only of all St Lucia hotels and resorts to make the World’s Top 25.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Bask upon the glorious white sands of Reduit Beach at Papillon by Rex Resorts
- Kids friendly resort, with babysitting services and a Rexplorers kids club (4-12yrs) providing engaging and fun entertainment
- Indulge in the relaxing services of the Royal Spa, featuring a range of ELEMIS products, perfect for relaxing and unwinding
- Book and save £300 per person with the upto 40% sale
- Range of fabulous dining options available, from buffets to sit-downs, Italian to Caribbean cuisines - something for every guests' taste-buds
Leave life's stresses behind and unwind in St Lucia and take advantage of a hotel designed for romance
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Book one of the Honeymoon and Wedding Packages to receive extras that range from a romantic sunset cruise, room upgrades to a private candle lit dinner on the beach
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
- Unique Couples only resort designed for Honeymoons and Weddings
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
Life in Rodney Bay offers stunning sunsets, an exquisite beach and bars, clubs and restaurants - Blu St Lucia is perfectly placed to enjoy all
- Only a few minutes away from the famous Rodney bay village where you can enjoy the night life of St Lucia
- Guests can choose from rooms with a private verandah or direct access to the pool. Suites have private sun decks and junior suites can connect with adjacent suites to offer family accommodation.
- Families can enjoy wonderful on-site facilities including a swimming pool, fitness centre, tennis and a Harlequin Kiddies' club. All day dining and drinks are served in the restaurant and there's an ice cream shop and a boutique.
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Experience the romantic getaway you and your loved one have always fantasised about with eight days on the picturesque...
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Turn your dream of a Caribbean Villa holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world...