Another great award for St Lucia holidays at the Jalousie Plantation
And it is time for yet another award to grace the highly acclaimed Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach hotel in St Lucia, this time from Conde Nast Traveller's 2010 Awards Edition giving the resort the title of "Favourite Overseas Leisure Hotel"
For long St Lucia holidays at the Jalousie Plantation have been receiving much praise by travellers who highly acclaim it as one of the most spectacular places in which to enjoy luxury holidays in St Lucia, as well as awarding bodies in the hotel industry who have prized the hotel with one too many accolades and recognitions, the latest of which comes at the hands of Conde Nast Traveller 2010. The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach on the scenic west coast of St Lucia took first place for Favorite Overseas Hotel in the Americas and Caribbean at the Conde Nast Traveller Readers’ Travel Awards announced in London on Wednesday. The resort, which is undergoing a US$100 million enhancement that will see the property re-branded and re-launched as The Tides Sugar Beach next year, was also named at number 25 on the readers’ list of the top 100 Places and Hotels in the World—the first time The Jalousie Plantation has been afforded such accolades.
Located in the Val des Pitons (Valley of the Pitons), a UNESCO World Heritage site, St Lucia holidays spent here enjoy a uniquely spectacular setting with over 100 acres of virgin rainforest and the only white sand beach in the south west of the island—a fact that obviously impressed readers. According to the October issue of Conde Nast Traveller magazine (UK), there is “no leisure hotel in The Americas and the Caribbean that readers would rather stay than The Jalousie Plantation on St Lucia.”
Readers who have experienced the unique level of luxury during St Lucia holidays at the Jalousie gave the resort an overall top score of 92.49 for its location. They also rated it above 90 for environmental friendliness and service, giving Jalousie an overall score of 91.87 and a place in the World’s top 25.
Earlier this year, Conde Nast Traveller asked readers to vote for the things they really liked about travel, from business hotels to destination spas, airlines to specialist tour operators. They were then asked to rate their choices according to various criteria, such as service and value for money. From these responses, the magazine calculated the average mark on each criterion, and used this to provide the overall satisfaction percentage figure in the eague tables and The World’s Top 25.
“We are delighted to have achieved such recognition and would like to thank the readers of Conde Nast Traveller for their clear endorsement of The Jalousie Plantation, Sugar Beach,” the resort’s General Manager, Andre Boersma said.
“This is particularly gratifying bearing in mind that The Jalousie Plantation is in the midst of an extensive enhancement project and is very much a property in transition. The fact that we have been voted the best in the Caribbean and the Americas shows that we are on the right track and we are excited about what the future will hold as we are getting even better every day,” he added.
“Rest assured we won’t be resting on our laurels, but working hard to ensure the same levels of service and attention to detail that helped us to achieve the support of Conde Nast Traveller readers.”
The Jalousie Plantation beautifully located on a hilltop location overlookng Sugar Beach was the only of all St Lucia hotels and resorts to make the World’s Top 25.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In St Lucia Browse all
Treat yourself to the ultimate Caribbean getaway staying on the stunning beachfront of Reduit Beach, right at the centre of everything and close to the lively strip of Rodney Bay.
- Take advantage of the on-site facilities including a spa, fitness centre and beauty salon
- Located on Reduit Beach, known for its island setting and breathtaking views
- Complimentary Hi-Speed internet access in rooms and free Wi-Fi in all public areas including the beach
Be seduced by golden sunsets, fine dining and the crystalline waters of the Caribbean Sea at the recently renovated St James Club, Morgan's Bay.
- Exclusive Half Term special offer, limited availability so book now!
- Kids can enjoy a playground as well as a kids' club open daily for 2 to 11 year olds
- Non-motorised water sports including hobie cat sailing, snorkelling and kayaks
Discover Castries' lively atmosphere, then head to your intimate luxury hideaway Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia
- Dine beneath the stars at the Bayside Restaurant or enjoy complimentary golfing at the nearby Sandals Regency La Toc Golf Resort & Spa
- Luxury Included® - All Included, All Unlimited, All the Time with the choice of upto 27 five Star Global Gourmet™ restaurants and 7 bars
- Discover a perfect place for relaxation and rejuvenation at Red Lane Spa®
- Enjoy HALF PRICE luxury accommodation plus an extra £55 off booking bonus with 'The Sandals Upto 60% off SALE’
It doesn't get any better than this perfect escape, designed for couples looking for an intimate and romantic experience
- Exclusive offer: Massive Savings of upto £750 per person!
- Recently refurbished, including the addition of a new "toes in the sand" restaurant
- All beverages included, such as Premium Brand Alcohol and Wine by the bottle at dinner
- Water Sports and Scuba Boat Dives with Personalized Instruction
This holiday take time to refresh your body and revitalise your soul with an eight-day excursion to the west coast of...
Take a trip to the southern reaches of Santa Lucia and discover the delights of one of the most sought after resorts...
Sandals Halcyon Beach, located on the immaculate, sun-kissed sands of Choc Bay, is the ideal getaway for those looking...
Let yourself be taken on an unforgettable journey of jazz at the 25th anniversary of the St Lucia Jazz & Arts festival....
Experience the ultimate Caribbean holiday with eight unforgettable days in St. Lucia. This is where Mother Nature brings...
Turn your dream of a Caribbean holiday into a reality and discover one of the most exotic islands in the world. Come...