Starwood's Africa and Indian Ocean luxury hotels triumph at World Travel Awards 2010
Operators of luxury hotels, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, have triumphed in the travel and tourist industry as they were awarded the World Travel Award for "Africa's Leading Hotel Group" at a lavish ceremony in South Africa in July this year.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide was awarded a prestigious award for their luxury hotels at this year's World Travel Awards as they walked away with "Africa's Leading Hotel Group" at the gala ceremony held in Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2010.
Vice President and Regional Director of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Africa and the Indian Ocean, Hassan Ahdab, said:
"The World Travel Awards is the most exalted accolade an establishment in this industry can receive and it is therefore a considerable achievement for Starwood Hotels and Resorts in Africa to be presented with this coveted prize.
"With Starwood Hotels and Resorts representing a diverse collection of distinctive hotel brands within Africa and the Indian Ocean it was an immense accomplishment for our global hotel group and its family of hotel brand to be recognized and awarded for creating superior guest experiences."
Fourteen Starwood luxury hotels across Africa and the Indian Ocean were also awarded at the ceremony and included:
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna Hurghada, Egypt: Africa's Leading Beach Hotel
- Arabella Western Cape Hotel and Spa: Africa's Leading Luxury Hotel as well as Africa's Leading Spa Resort
- The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays, South Africa was: Africa's Leading Meetings and Conference Hotel
- Le Meridien Douala: Cameroon's Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Soma Bay: Egypt's Leading All-inclusive Resort
- Sheraton Addis: Ethiopia's Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Gambia Resort: Gambia's Leading Hotel
- Le Meridien N'Fis: Morocco's Leading Business Hotel
- Le Royal Mansour Meridien: Morocco's Leading Hotel
- Abuja Sheraton Hotel and Towers: Nigeria's Leading Business Hotel
- Abuja Sheraton Hotel and Towers: Nigeria's Leading Hotel
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice: Mauritius' Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Pretoria Hotel: South Africa's Leading Business Hotel.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide owns, operates and franchises over 1000 luxury hotels and properties across 100 countries in the world. S well providing luxury holidays in the Indian Ocean, Starwood operates luxury hotels across Europe, the Caribbean, America, Asia and Africa.
The World Travel Awards have been running since 1993 and are considered as the "Oscars" of the global travel and tourism industry. With numerous categories including luxury hotels, resorts, islands, airlines, tour operators, destinations, spas, and eco-friendly properties, the decision for the prestigious awards lies in the hands of 183,000 travel professionals across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Head to Promthep Cape for the most beautiful sunset in Thailand
- Relaxing location close to the beach
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...