Starwood's Africa and Indian Ocean luxury hotels triumph at World Travel Awards 2010
Operators of luxury hotels, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, have triumphed in the travel and tourist industry as they were awarded the World Travel Award for "Africa's Leading Hotel Group" at a lavish ceremony in South Africa in July this year.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide was awarded a prestigious award for their luxury hotels at this year's World Travel Awards as they walked away with "Africa's Leading Hotel Group" at the gala ceremony held in Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2010.
Vice President and Regional Director of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Africa and the Indian Ocean, Hassan Ahdab, said:
"The World Travel Awards is the most exalted accolade an establishment in this industry can receive and it is therefore a considerable achievement for Starwood Hotels and Resorts in Africa to be presented with this coveted prize.
"With Starwood Hotels and Resorts representing a diverse collection of distinctive hotel brands within Africa and the Indian Ocean it was an immense accomplishment for our global hotel group and its family of hotel brand to be recognized and awarded for creating superior guest experiences."
Fourteen Starwood luxury hotels across Africa and the Indian Ocean were also awarded at the ceremony and included:
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna Hurghada, Egypt: Africa's Leading Beach Hotel
- Arabella Western Cape Hotel and Spa: Africa's Leading Luxury Hotel as well as Africa's Leading Spa Resort
- The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays, South Africa was: Africa's Leading Meetings and Conference Hotel
- Le Meridien Douala: Cameroon's Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Soma Bay: Egypt's Leading All-inclusive Resort
- Sheraton Addis: Ethiopia's Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Gambia Resort: Gambia's Leading Hotel
- Le Meridien N'Fis: Morocco's Leading Business Hotel
- Le Royal Mansour Meridien: Morocco's Leading Hotel
- Abuja Sheraton Hotel and Towers: Nigeria's Leading Business Hotel
- Abuja Sheraton Hotel and Towers: Nigeria's Leading Hotel
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice: Mauritius' Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Pretoria Hotel: South Africa's Leading Business Hotel.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide owns, operates and franchises over 1000 luxury hotels and properties across 100 countries in the world. S well providing luxury holidays in the Indian Ocean, Starwood operates luxury hotels across Europe, the Caribbean, America, Asia and Africa.
The World Travel Awards have been running since 1993 and are considered as the "Oscars" of the global travel and tourism industry. With numerous categories including luxury hotels, resorts, islands, airlines, tour operators, destinations, spas, and eco-friendly properties, the decision for the prestigious awards lies in the hands of 183,000 travel professionals across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride in Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal in Agra, experience a feast to remember with a traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- An English-Speaking local Guide will take you around the sightseeing & excursion tours as per the itinerary
While staying at the hotel you will be able to enjoy Unlimited-Luxury sure to make your Dominican Republic holiday one to never forget
- Five swimming pools including an infinity pool, a children’s pool, a salt water pool and two private Preferred Club pools
- Adults at Now Onyx have full access to Breathless Punta Cana next door including a casino, the After Dark nightclub, the relax Spa by Pevonia®, a fitness center and 20 additional dining and bar options
- All ground floor suites are swim up suites offering access to a pool directly from their terrace
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Stretching along a blessed mile of powdery soft sands, this all-inclusive resort is the perfect place for endless family fun.
- The Kids Club has an outdoor playground and kids-only pool while the Teen Centre for over 13s offers a great variety of fun activities
- Enjoy a FREE glass bottom boat trip, island jeep safari and island coach tour
- Fantastic location 30 minutes to Bridgetown, 5 minutes to Speightstown and 15 minutes to Holetown, there is plenty to explore around the Almond Beach Resort
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Located by the picturesque St. Paul's Bay, Porto Azzurro Hotel is only 10 minutes away from Malta's main sandy beaches...
Perfectly positioned right at the heart of Marrakesh's chic and trendy Hivernage district, a modern neighbourhood in...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...