Starwood's Africa and Indian Ocean luxury hotels triumph at World Travel Awards 2010
Operators of luxury hotels, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, have triumphed in the travel and tourist industry as they were awarded the World Travel Award for "Africa's Leading Hotel Group" at a lavish ceremony in South Africa in July this year.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide was awarded a prestigious award for their luxury hotels at this year's World Travel Awards as they walked away with "Africa's Leading Hotel Group" at the gala ceremony held in Johannesburg, South Africa in July 2010.
Vice President and Regional Director of Starwood Hotels and Resorts Africa and the Indian Ocean, Hassan Ahdab, said:
"The World Travel Awards is the most exalted accolade an establishment in this industry can receive and it is therefore a considerable achievement for Starwood Hotels and Resorts in Africa to be presented with this coveted prize.
"With Starwood Hotels and Resorts representing a diverse collection of distinctive hotel brands within Africa and the Indian Ocean it was an immense accomplishment for our global hotel group and its family of hotel brand to be recognized and awarded for creating superior guest experiences."
Fourteen Starwood luxury hotels across Africa and the Indian Ocean were also awarded at the ceremony and included:
- Sheraton Miramar Resort El Gouna Hurghada, Egypt: Africa's Leading Beach Hotel
- Arabella Western Cape Hotel and Spa: Africa's Leading Luxury Hotel as well as Africa's Leading Spa Resort
- The Westin Grand Cape Town Arabella Quays, South Africa was: Africa's Leading Meetings and Conference Hotel
- Le Meridien Douala: Cameroon's Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Soma Bay: Egypt's Leading All-inclusive Resort
- Sheraton Addis: Ethiopia's Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Gambia Resort: Gambia's Leading Hotel
- Le Meridien N'Fis: Morocco's Leading Business Hotel
- Le Royal Mansour Meridien: Morocco's Leading Hotel
- Abuja Sheraton Hotel and Towers: Nigeria's Leading Business Hotel
- Abuja Sheraton Hotel and Towers: Nigeria's Leading Hotel
- Le Meridien Ile Maurice: Mauritius' Leading Hotel
- Sheraton Pretoria Hotel: South Africa's Leading Business Hotel.
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide owns, operates and franchises over 1000 luxury hotels and properties across 100 countries in the world. S well providing luxury holidays in the Indian Ocean, Starwood operates luxury hotels across Europe, the Caribbean, America, Asia and Africa.
The World Travel Awards have been running since 1993 and are considered as the "Oscars" of the global travel and tourism industry. With numerous categories including luxury hotels, resorts, islands, airlines, tour operators, destinations, spas, and eco-friendly properties, the decision for the prestigious awards lies in the hands of 183,000 travel professionals across the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Restore your inner balance at Taum Spa or take a surfing lesson
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...