Seychelles Tourism Academy signs cooperative agreements
The Seychelles Tourism Academy and the University of Seychelles have signed an agreement of cooperation which will enable both institutions to work towards promoting the industry of Seychelles holidays and tourism to staff and students.
An agreement has been signed between the Seychelles Tourism Academy (STA) and the University of Seychelles (UniSey) which will lead to further developments and cooperation between the two institutions with regards to staff and student training and specialists within the Seychelles holidays and tourism industry.
The agreement was signed by representatives from both institutions, Dr. Rolph Payet from UniSey and Flavien Joubert from the STA, at a ceremony at La Misere which was attended by Jean-Paul Adam, the Minister for Foreign Affairs; Secretary of State and Chairman of the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB), Barry Faure; Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board; and Seychelles holidays industry partners.
The agreement covers training for staff and students and UniSey will provide lecturers in finance, statistics, human resources and marketing and the STA will provide specialists in hospitality sectors such as restaurant, bar, housekeeping and other tourism sectors surrounding holidays in the Indian Ocean. UniSey will also be launching a new degree aimed at training individuals for a career as executives and managers in the Seychelles holidays industry.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board said: "Our Tourism Academy and the Seychelles University are both working for Seychelles, and working together will make for a stronger approach to better deliver to the youth of our tropical islands."
Last month, the STA also signed an agreement with the owner of numerous Mauritius and Seychelles hotels, Beachcomber Hotel Group, in regards extending the contract which helps with the training of pastry cuisine and front office in Mauritius through the Seychelles Tourism Academy.
Beachcomber Hotels Human Resource Advisor, Bertrand Piat, said: "The Seychelles Tourism Academy is a remarkable institution, well managed, well structured, taking measures commensurate with the needs and aspirations of Seychelles' tourism industry."
As well as encouraging local residents to consider a career within the Seychelles holidays industry, Alain St.Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, said that the STA will grow with the continued support from the private sector.
He stated: "Beachcomber Hotels have experience in hospitality training, having had their own academy in Mauritius for many years. This MOU will keep our Tourism Academy providing for our young Seychellois looking at a career in the tourism industry."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Mother nature bestowed unique beauty on the Seychelles, islands of exquisite white sand beaches, lapped by the turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean
- Special Honeymoon Offers available
- free upgrade from Bed&Breakfast to Half Board
- Top up your tan, refresh in the pool or go with the flow in a yoga class. Enjoy traditional island cooking, dance, craft and language classes, or action packed days of culture and nature trips.
- Experience great culinary variety in six different restaurants including a shisha bar
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the islands of Mahe and Silhouette on an enchanting retreat to Seychelles.
- Enjoy as many activities and excursions as you like
- The stunning beaches on the islands of Mahe and Silhouette.
- Enjoy luxurious accommodation that will ensure you have a comfortable stay
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Majestically sitting upon Seychelles' beautiful southwest coast and facing a pristine secluded beach, the magic of Maia...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....