Seychelles Tourism Academy signs cooperative agreements
The Seychelles Tourism Academy and the University of Seychelles have signed an agreement of cooperation which will enable both institutions to work towards promoting the industry of Seychelles holidays and tourism to staff and students.
An agreement has been signed between the Seychelles Tourism Academy (STA) and the University of Seychelles (UniSey) which will lead to further developments and cooperation between the two institutions with regards to staff and student training and specialists within the Seychelles holidays and tourism industry.
The agreement was signed by representatives from both institutions, Dr. Rolph Payet from UniSey and Flavien Joubert from the STA, at a ceremony at La Misere which was attended by Jean-Paul Adam, the Minister for Foreign Affairs; Secretary of State and Chairman of the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB), Barry Faure; Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board; and Seychelles holidays industry partners.
The agreement covers training for staff and students and UniSey will provide lecturers in finance, statistics, human resources and marketing and the STA will provide specialists in hospitality sectors such as restaurant, bar, housekeeping and other tourism sectors surrounding holidays in the Indian Ocean. UniSey will also be launching a new degree aimed at training individuals for a career as executives and managers in the Seychelles holidays industry.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board said: "Our Tourism Academy and the Seychelles University are both working for Seychelles, and working together will make for a stronger approach to better deliver to the youth of our tropical islands."
Last month, the STA also signed an agreement with the owner of numerous Mauritius and Seychelles hotels, Beachcomber Hotel Group, in regards extending the contract which helps with the training of pastry cuisine and front office in Mauritius through the Seychelles Tourism Academy.
Beachcomber Hotels Human Resource Advisor, Bertrand Piat, said: "The Seychelles Tourism Academy is a remarkable institution, well managed, well structured, taking measures commensurate with the needs and aspirations of Seychelles' tourism industry."
As well as encouraging local residents to consider a career within the Seychelles holidays industry, Alain St.Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, said that the STA will grow with the continued support from the private sector.
He stated: "Beachcomber Hotels have experience in hospitality training, having had their own academy in Mauritius for many years. This MOU will keep our Tourism Academy providing for our young Seychellois looking at a career in the tourism industry."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...