Seychelles Tourism Academy signs cooperative agreements
The Seychelles Tourism Academy and the University of Seychelles have signed an agreement of cooperation which will enable both institutions to work towards promoting the industry of Seychelles holidays and tourism to staff and students.
An agreement has been signed between the Seychelles Tourism Academy (STA) and the University of Seychelles (UniSey) which will lead to further developments and cooperation between the two institutions with regards to staff and student training and specialists within the Seychelles holidays and tourism industry.
The agreement was signed by representatives from both institutions, Dr. Rolph Payet from UniSey and Flavien Joubert from the STA, at a ceremony at La Misere which was attended by Jean-Paul Adam, the Minister for Foreign Affairs; Secretary of State and Chairman of the Seychelles Tourism Board (STB), Barry Faure; Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board; and Seychelles holidays industry partners.
The agreement covers training for staff and students and UniSey will provide lecturers in finance, statistics, human resources and marketing and the STA will provide specialists in hospitality sectors such as restaurant, bar, housekeeping and other tourism sectors surrounding holidays in the Indian Ocean. UniSey will also be launching a new degree aimed at training individuals for a career as executives and managers in the Seychelles holidays industry.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board said: "Our Tourism Academy and the Seychelles University are both working for Seychelles, and working together will make for a stronger approach to better deliver to the youth of our tropical islands."
Last month, the STA also signed an agreement with the owner of numerous Mauritius and Seychelles hotels, Beachcomber Hotel Group, in regards extending the contract which helps with the training of pastry cuisine and front office in Mauritius through the Seychelles Tourism Academy.
Beachcomber Hotels Human Resource Advisor, Bertrand Piat, said: "The Seychelles Tourism Academy is a remarkable institution, well managed, well structured, taking measures commensurate with the needs and aspirations of Seychelles' tourism industry."
As well as encouraging local residents to consider a career within the Seychelles holidays industry, Alain St.Ange, the CEO of the Seychelles Tourism Board, said that the STA will grow with the continued support from the private sector.
He stated: "Beachcomber Hotels have experience in hospitality training, having had their own academy in Mauritius for many years. This MOU will keep our Tourism Academy providing for our young Seychellois looking at a career in the tourism industry."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Relax and unwind on two of the islands best beaches at constance ephelia resort
- Treat your taste buds to culinary treats whether you choose Ã la carte or buffets
- Children will love the kids club which welcomes 4-11 year olds
- Indulge in the U-Spa by Constance designed to restore your well-being
Explore the natural landscapes and wildlife that South Africa has to offer, before experiencing the Paradise of Seychelles.
- Have the time of your life, combining the best of both worlds!
- The resort is set between a turquoise lagoon and verdant green hills, beside its own bay of white sands. The resort is on the west coast of Mahe, just 35 minutes from the international airport.
- 5 days self drive tour in South Africa
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The Avani Seychelles is set on the sandy Bay of Barbarons on the west coast of Mahe. This area of dramatic mountains,...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...