Dubai holidays continue strong on the way to recovery
Despite the considerable losses that affected the Dubai holidays market as a result of the global recession which saw many ambitious developments come to a halt and remain in standby, it looks like the emirate is rapidly picking up the pace and recovering
One of the most popular emirates for top luxury holidays in the Middle East, Dubai holidays have continued to recover from the global economic downturn over the last months, with visitor numbers increasing significantly in early 2010.
Dubai holidays saw some 4.2 million holidaymakers during the first half of 2010, up nine per cent from the previous year.
According to official statistics compiled by the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing the increase in the number of visitors taking Dubai holidays was mainly driven by a rise in the number of holidaymakers arriving from Asia and the Gulf Arab region.
On another note, the number of guests travelling to Dubai holidays from Europe also increased by 3% over the same period, adding up to a total of 1.3 million, while visitors from the Americas were up 7% with an increase of 335,000 visitors.
The United Kingdom was Dubai’s biggest tourism partner, while Saudi Arabia came first regionally, officials added.
A promising bright future is on the cards for Dubai holidays. And with the future of the United Arab Emirates tourism sector as a whole also received a boost recently, with a new report finding the federation will account for 86 per cent of tourism-related construction projects in the Gulf over the next eight years.
Carried out by industry researcher RNCOS, the report revealed $234bn is set to be invested over the period, with stated-funded projects in Abu Dhabi leading the way.
“The UAE has one of the fastest growing tourism industries in the Middle East,” the report highlighted.
“As a result, several new projects have been announced to tap the opportunity created by the growing demand for hotels and amusement and theme parks.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free Wi-Fi
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
The location on the world famous, Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches.
- FREE Half Board upgrade
- Up to two kids stay FREE
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai Shopping Malls
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
Discover the beauty of Mauritius and the buzz of Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai , the only hotel with a restaurant with 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius located on one of the most marvellous parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages.
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine available here as you savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm. One...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Rove City Centre is one of Dubai's newest hotels, offering a year-round outdoor pool and fitness centre. Conveniently...