Dubai holidays continue strong on the way to recovery
Despite the considerable losses that affected the Dubai holidays market as a result of the global recession which saw many ambitious developments come to a halt and remain in standby, it looks like the emirate is rapidly picking up the pace and recovering
One of the most popular emirates for top luxury holidays in the Middle East, Dubai holidays have continued to recover from the global economic downturn over the last months, with visitor numbers increasing significantly in early 2010.
Dubai holidays saw some 4.2 million holidaymakers during the first half of 2010, up nine per cent from the previous year.
According to official statistics compiled by the Dubai Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing the increase in the number of visitors taking Dubai holidays was mainly driven by a rise in the number of holidaymakers arriving from Asia and the Gulf Arab region.
On another note, the number of guests travelling to Dubai holidays from Europe also increased by 3% over the same period, adding up to a total of 1.3 million, while visitors from the Americas were up 7% with an increase of 335,000 visitors.
The United Kingdom was Dubai’s biggest tourism partner, while Saudi Arabia came first regionally, officials added.
A promising bright future is on the cards for Dubai holidays. And with the future of the United Arab Emirates tourism sector as a whole also received a boost recently, with a new report finding the federation will account for 86 per cent of tourism-related construction projects in the Gulf over the next eight years.
Carried out by industry researcher RNCOS, the report revealed $234bn is set to be invested over the period, with stated-funded projects in Abu Dhabi leading the way.
“The UAE has one of the fastest growing tourism industries in the Middle East,” the report highlighted.
“As a result, several new projects have been announced to tap the opportunity created by the growing demand for hotels and amusement and theme parks.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Free upgrade to half board on selected dates and two children stay free when sharing with parents
With over 20 restaurants and bars, you will be amazed by the variety of fine fare on offer to enhance your holiday.
- Complimentary services include a 1-2 hour scuba diving session
- Free Half Board on selected dates
- Venture next door with complimentary access to the Wild Wadi Water Park to cool yourself from the summer sun
Chill at The Palm's newest luxury retreat, be wowed by the touches of opulence on every corner and be seduced by our amazing prize tag!
- Choose from 7 dining venues including gourmet options and enjoy access to 5 opulent bars
- Complimentary Access to So Fit "Gym, Sauna & Steam" with 25% disconut at SO SPA in addition to free WIFI
- Rooms boast a balcony with stunning view of the Arabian Gulf, includes free WIFI
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the historic district of Deira, the heritage hotel Hyatt Regency is within walking distance to the famous...
Dubai has emerged as a top tourist destination for travellers across the globe. The city of Dubai in UAE reflects the...