Despite rising fares bargains for cheap Caribbean holidays are still out there
Amidst escalating rising costs in Caribbean travel, especially from airfares which could increase further if the APD tax goes ahead in Novemeber, there are still some good bargains to be found to enjoy fabulous Caribbean holidays that don't cost a fortune
According to experts, hotel rates, air fares and cruise fares for Caribbean holidays are on the rise, but you wouldn't be able to tell by some of the autumn travel deals released this week for fabulous, Caribbean holidays that don't cost a fortune or break the bank.
For American travellers, for example, we have that Upscale Celebrity Cruises announced a companion sale on select sailings through to 11th February 2011, with fares starting at around $600 for two people on a five-night November Western Caribbean itinerary from Miami in an inside stateroom -- about $60 per person per day.
And it's good news all around for Florida holidaymakers as Holland America, yet another upscale line, is offering a seven-night October sailing from Fort Lauderdale for $399 per person, double occupancy -- again, about $60 per person per day.
Both cruises sail on newer ships.
A number of cruise lines and airlines have offered various quick-buy deals this fall. Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines and Virgin America all offered one-day sales Monday; tickets had to be purchased by 11:59 p.m.
American Airlines announced a fall-and-winter sale with fares beginning at $59 each way on some routes; tickets must be purchased by Sept. 16 and are subject to availability and black-out dates.
The cruise deals are part of a typical fall travel cycle, said Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of CruiseCritic.com . "The time between school starts and the holidays are always the lowest of the season. Last year these kinds of deals were almost the rule, but this year they've been a little bit of an exception."
Some of the best deals are on air-and-hotel packages, said Anne Banas, editor of SmarterTravel.com . And while airfares generally are more expensive than last year, some routes are significant bargains, she said.
While US hotel rates are up 1-3 % this fall over last year, travelers can still find bargains, said Victor Owens, a marketing vice president at Hotels.com. The best deals are likely to come at 5-star hotels, which are selling this fall at rates more typical for 3- or 4-star hotels.
"Those values are out there," he said. "But as economy recovers, you will see some increase in rates."
In other words, cheap means for U.S. travellers also means good deals for UK holidaymakers going on Caribbean holidays despite the cost difference of long-haul flights, so our advice here is that when the deal looks good, don't hesitate and buy it before the economy recovers further and prices start escalating at an even faster rate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Enjoy a fantastic Resort View to Garden View
- Fantastic all-inclusive package providing all meals, snacks, unlimited premium beverages, 24-hour room service and more
- Awesome resort credits with up to $2500 to spend on spa treatments, dolphin swims, access to the Wet 'N' Wild waterpark and much more
- Enjoy fantastic access to the newly opening Grand Section which includes ten new restaurants and 6 bars, a waterpark, a new spa with 64 treatment rooms, a theatre and a bowling alley, plus another Playroom Kids’ club and Wired Teens lounge
- Kids Stay, Play and Eat free
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...