Despite rising fares bargains for cheap Caribbean holidays are still out there
Amidst escalating rising costs in Caribbean travel, especially from airfares which could increase further if the APD tax goes ahead in Novemeber, there are still some good bargains to be found to enjoy fabulous Caribbean holidays that don't cost a fortune
According to experts, hotel rates, air fares and cruise fares for Caribbean holidays are on the rise, but you wouldn't be able to tell by some of the autumn travel deals released this week for fabulous, Caribbean holidays that don't cost a fortune or break the bank.
For American travellers, for example, we have that Upscale Celebrity Cruises announced a companion sale on select sailings through to 11th February 2011, with fares starting at around $600 for two people on a five-night November Western Caribbean itinerary from Miami in an inside stateroom -- about $60 per person per day.
And it's good news all around for Florida holidaymakers as Holland America, yet another upscale line, is offering a seven-night October sailing from Fort Lauderdale for $399 per person, double occupancy -- again, about $60 per person per day.
Both cruises sail on newer ships.
A number of cruise lines and airlines have offered various quick-buy deals this fall. Southwest Airlines, Spirit Airlines and Virgin America all offered one-day sales Monday; tickets had to be purchased by 11:59 p.m.
American Airlines announced a fall-and-winter sale with fares beginning at $59 each way on some routes; tickets must be purchased by Sept. 16 and are subject to availability and black-out dates.
The cruise deals are part of a typical fall travel cycle, said Carolyn Spencer Brown, editor of CruiseCritic.com . "The time between school starts and the holidays are always the lowest of the season. Last year these kinds of deals were almost the rule, but this year they've been a little bit of an exception."
Some of the best deals are on air-and-hotel packages, said Anne Banas, editor of SmarterTravel.com . And while airfares generally are more expensive than last year, some routes are significant bargains, she said.
While US hotel rates are up 1-3 % this fall over last year, travelers can still find bargains, said Victor Owens, a marketing vice president at Hotels.com. The best deals are likely to come at 5-star hotels, which are selling this fall at rates more typical for 3- or 4-star hotels.
"Those values are out there," he said. "But as economy recovers, you will see some increase in rates."
In other words, cheap means for U.S. travellers also means good deals for UK holidaymakers going on Caribbean holidays despite the cost difference of long-haul flights, so our advice here is that when the deal looks good, don't hesitate and buy it before the economy recovers further and prices start escalating at an even faster rate.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Dive into the warm water of Varadero beach and relax under the caribbean sunshine
- Enjoy a fantastic tour
- Book now and benefit from huge savings with the launch of the new Virgin Atlantic to Varadero offer!
- Suites feature a separate living area and Tropical suites feature breathtaking views of the sea
- Golf lovers can play on the nearby Varadero 18 hole golf course
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- Exclusive discount to the eco-archaeological Xcaret Park
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars & access to 5 Swimming Pools
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Enjoy water sports on the Varadero beach, relax by the hotel pool, sample a refreshing cocktail
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...