Plans for Strong International Growth Underway for Jumeirah Hotels
The Jumeirah Group, owners of world famous Dubai hotels Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Burj Al Arab, is planning international growth and expansion as the company plans to increase the number of operated hotels from 12 to 60 by 2012.
The company behind the famous Dubai hotels, Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Burj Al Arab, has announced that they are planning strong international growth over the next few years with plans to increase the number of hotels they operate from 12 to 60 by the year 2012.
According to Jumeirah's Vice president of Corporate Communication and Public Affairs, Piers Schreiber: "According to hospitality industry specialists, the travel and hotel sectors are growing fast in several emerging countries.
"We estimate that the annual growth in number of rooms in the BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India and China), some Southeast Asian nations, the Gulf countries, North Africa, and the West Coast of Africa is 5%, compared to 2% to 3% [growth] in more mature markets (the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Japan)."
With plans to build hotels in South America on the horizon, Schreiber stated: "South America is a region of strategic importance for the Jumeirah Group. The company is permanently discussing potential hotel management deals with third parties."
At present, the only project in the pipeline for South America is the opening of the Jumeirah Culu Culu Polo Resort in Argentina.
The Jumeirah Group only manages hotels rather than build them and as many property and estate developers are showing an interest in Asia and the Middle East, the group is keen to expand their profile of Middle East Hotels. Numerous Dubai hotels are currently in the process of being constructed and with 17,000 rooms in Dubai hotels already being built; another 32,000 rooms are expected in the near future.
"In terms of demand, we have seen occupancy rates stabilize in 2009 and expect 2011 to show a stronger, sustainable recovery," Schreiber added. "In the case of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Oman), the supply of luxury and upscale hotels continued to increase even during the recession."
The Jumeirah Group currently operate nine Dubai hotels including the famous hotel shaped like a sail of a boat, the Burj Al Arab; the world's third-tallest hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Jumeirah Beach and Madinat Jumeirah.
As well as offer Dubai holidays, the hospitality group manage hotels across the world in London, New York, North Africa, China, Indonesia, Thailand, the Maldives and the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Free shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool View
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Includes entrance fees at all monuments as per the itinerary
- Enjoy a traditional rickshaw ride through Old Delhi, see the majestic Taj Mahal, experience traditional Rajasthani family dinner in vibrant Jaipur and much more
- An English-Speaking local Guide
Indulge in the finer things in life at a luxury five-star retreat and enjoy rocking the night away
- The location on Cancun's tranquil southern shore, provides the perfect rejuivinating base for exploring Cancun.
- The resort is home to one of only two Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Courses in Cancun.
- Enjoy the array of activities including surfing, golf, dolphin swims, tours, spa treatments and much more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Discover the cultural and historical treasures of Havana as you're treated to 5-star service at the Iberostar Parque...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of Dubai. It...
Despite having opened its doors to guests in 2008, this boutique hotel has been around for much longer as it once was a...