Plans for Strong International Growth Underway for Jumeirah Hotels
The Jumeirah Group, owners of world famous Dubai hotels Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Burj Al Arab, is planning international growth and expansion as the company plans to increase the number of operated hotels from 12 to 60 by 2012.
The company behind the famous Dubai hotels, Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Burj Al Arab, has announced that they are planning strong international growth over the next few years with plans to increase the number of hotels they operate from 12 to 60 by the year 2012.
According to Jumeirah's Vice president of Corporate Communication and Public Affairs, Piers Schreiber: "According to hospitality industry specialists, the travel and hotel sectors are growing fast in several emerging countries.
"We estimate that the annual growth in number of rooms in the BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India and China), some Southeast Asian nations, the Gulf countries, North Africa, and the West Coast of Africa is 5%, compared to 2% to 3% [growth] in more mature markets (the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Japan)."
With plans to build hotels in South America on the horizon, Schreiber stated: "South America is a region of strategic importance for the Jumeirah Group. The company is permanently discussing potential hotel management deals with third parties."
At present, the only project in the pipeline for South America is the opening of the Jumeirah Culu Culu Polo Resort in Argentina.
The Jumeirah Group only manages hotels rather than build them and as many property and estate developers are showing an interest in Asia and the Middle East, the group is keen to expand their profile of Middle East Hotels. Numerous Dubai hotels are currently in the process of being constructed and with 17,000 rooms in Dubai hotels already being built; another 32,000 rooms are expected in the near future.
"In terms of demand, we have seen occupancy rates stabilize in 2009 and expect 2011 to show a stronger, sustainable recovery," Schreiber added. "In the case of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Oman), the supply of luxury and upscale hotels continued to increase even during the recession."
The Jumeirah Group currently operate nine Dubai hotels including the famous hotel shaped like a sail of a boat, the Burj Al Arab; the world's third-tallest hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Jumeirah Beach and Madinat Jumeirah.
As well as offer Dubai holidays, the hospitality group manage hotels across the world in London, New York, North Africa, China, Indonesia, Thailand, the Maldives and the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable Arabian adventure and make a splash at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free Half Board with a huge range of dining options
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- This package offers little touches to make your holiday extra special including a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking for adventure or relaxation
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
The land of endless natural beauty, with ancient sight and cultural treasure, you'll be sure to embark on a holiday of a lifetime
- Unforgettable experience at Yala Safari
- English speaking chauffer guide during the roundtrip
- Transport in a comfortable vehicle
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...