Plans for Strong International Growth Underway for Jumeirah Hotels
The Jumeirah Group, owners of world famous Dubai hotels Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Burj Al Arab, is planning international growth and expansion as the company plans to increase the number of operated hotels from 12 to 60 by 2012.
The company behind the famous Dubai hotels, Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Burj Al Arab, has announced that they are planning strong international growth over the next few years with plans to increase the number of hotels they operate from 12 to 60 by the year 2012.
According to Jumeirah's Vice president of Corporate Communication and Public Affairs, Piers Schreiber: "According to hospitality industry specialists, the travel and hotel sectors are growing fast in several emerging countries.
"We estimate that the annual growth in number of rooms in the BRICs (Brazil, Russia, India and China), some Southeast Asian nations, the Gulf countries, North Africa, and the West Coast of Africa is 5%, compared to 2% to 3% [growth] in more mature markets (the United States, the United Kingdom, France and Japan)."
With plans to build hotels in South America on the horizon, Schreiber stated: "South America is a region of strategic importance for the Jumeirah Group. The company is permanently discussing potential hotel management deals with third parties."
At present, the only project in the pipeline for South America is the opening of the Jumeirah Culu Culu Polo Resort in Argentina.
The Jumeirah Group only manages hotels rather than build them and as many property and estate developers are showing an interest in Asia and the Middle East, the group is keen to expand their profile of Middle East Hotels. Numerous Dubai hotels are currently in the process of being constructed and with 17,000 rooms in Dubai hotels already being built; another 32,000 rooms are expected in the near future.
"In terms of demand, we have seen occupancy rates stabilize in 2009 and expect 2011 to show a stronger, sustainable recovery," Schreiber added. "In the case of the Gulf Cooperation Council (Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Oman), the supply of luxury and upscale hotels continued to increase even during the recession."
The Jumeirah Group currently operate nine Dubai hotels including the famous hotel shaped like a sail of a boat, the Burj Al Arab; the world's third-tallest hotel, Jumeirah Emirates Towers and Jumeirah Beach and Madinat Jumeirah.
As well as offer Dubai holidays, the hospitality group manage hotels across the world in London, New York, North Africa, China, Indonesia, Thailand, the Maldives and the Middle East.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket.
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy 24-Hour All-Inclusive Service
- Enjoy unlimited access to a fantastic beach that's perfect for snorkelling
- Great facilities for all the family plus children stay for half the price
Do the castaway experience in style and live your Robinson Crusoe dream
- Lose yourself in over 3 km of pristine beaches and aquamarine lagoons
- Beautiful bungalows nestled in the tropical gardens or on the beach, right over the lagoon
- Sample mouth-watering delights at a wide selection of dining options from flavours of the Orient to Mediterranean delights
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
One of the most sought-after locations in the magical city of Dubai is the artificial island of Jumeirah. Enjoy the...
Uncover the charms of India as you spend eight days touring some of its most important touristic sites. The Golden...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
The Gloria Hotel & Apartments is a stunning suite and apartment hotel that is ideally located in the heart of...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...