Seychelles Hotels and Islands Scores high at Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2010
Travellers booking Seychelles holidays will be able to stay in a number of award-winning resorts and islands as the Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2010 honour Denis Island, North Island Cousine Island, and Fregate Island Private as top destinations.
This year's Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards have ranked numerous islands and resorts for Seychelles holidays amongst their top destinations, with Denis Island coming third place on the list of Top 100 hotels in the Middle East, Africa and the Indian Ocean.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange was honoured by the awards and said: "We are, of course, satisfied and proud to see the private resort island of Denis rated third in the 100 top resorts in the Middle East, Africa, and the Indian Ocean islands.
"Our private island resorts have fared well in this readers' award, which not only saw Denis Island coming out in third place, but Cousine Island came out 15th, North Island 16th, and Fregate Island Private 18th out of the 100 top resorts.
"This is great, because all these resorts are part and parcel of the 'Seychelles Brand' tourism policy launched by the Seychelles President but weeks ago."
He added: "We remain a destination that is unique, because of the diversity of our islands (having both mid-ocean granitic and coral islands), the year-round summer climate that gives Seychelles the land of perpetual summer, the first-class and award-winning white sandy beaches, the clear and clean turquoise blue seas, and the diversity of its population referred to as the islands living the 'rainbow nation' concept."
The Seychelles region is located in the Indian Ocean and is made up of an archipelago of approximately 115 tropical islands.
With an all year round warm tropical climate; luxurious accommodation comprising beach and water villas and five-star Seychelles hotels; and crystal clear waters perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling activities, visitors on their Seychelles holidays will find themselves in paradise.
During holidays in the Seychelles, there are a number of annual festivals and events taking place including the week-long SUBIOS Underwater Image and Film festival in October, the Seychelles Sailing Cup in January, and numerous local fishing competition held throughout the year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Relax and unwind in the beautiful Seychelles before an exciting Arabian getaway in Dubai
- Take advantage of the Wi-Fi access in all the public areas
- Explore the famous night market in Mahé
- Benefit for a Shuttle bus service to major shopping centre in Dubai
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Start your trip of a lifetime in the Seychelles before heading to Dubai
- Experience the authentic Arabian spirit at the famous gold souks and spice markets
- Enjoy some of the local cuisine, lovingly made from locally sourced ingredients
- The Castello Mini Club has numerous offers for children between 4 and 12 years during all seasons throughout the year
Prepare yourself for a memorable holiday at the Avani Seychelles, where you will be able to admire a blend of beautiful...
The Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Beach Resort and Casino is a stunning hotel situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...