Seychelles Hotels and Islands Scores high at Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2010
Travellers booking Seychelles holidays will be able to stay in a number of award-winning resorts and islands as the Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2010 honour Denis Island, North Island Cousine Island, and Fregate Island Private as top destinations.
This year's Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards have ranked numerous islands and resorts for Seychelles holidays amongst their top destinations, with Denis Island coming third place on the list of Top 100 hotels in the Middle East, Africa and the Indian Ocean.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange was honoured by the awards and said: "We are, of course, satisfied and proud to see the private resort island of Denis rated third in the 100 top resorts in the Middle East, Africa, and the Indian Ocean islands.
"Our private island resorts have fared well in this readers' award, which not only saw Denis Island coming out in third place, but Cousine Island came out 15th, North Island 16th, and Fregate Island Private 18th out of the 100 top resorts.
"This is great, because all these resorts are part and parcel of the 'Seychelles Brand' tourism policy launched by the Seychelles President but weeks ago."
He added: "We remain a destination that is unique, because of the diversity of our islands (having both mid-ocean granitic and coral islands), the year-round summer climate that gives Seychelles the land of perpetual summer, the first-class and award-winning white sandy beaches, the clear and clean turquoise blue seas, and the diversity of its population referred to as the islands living the 'rainbow nation' concept."
The Seychelles region is located in the Indian Ocean and is made up of an archipelago of approximately 115 tropical islands.
With an all year round warm tropical climate; luxurious accommodation comprising beach and water villas and five-star Seychelles hotels; and crystal clear waters perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling activities, visitors on their Seychelles holidays will find themselves in paradise.
During holidays in the Seychelles, there are a number of annual festivals and events taking place including the week-long SUBIOS Underwater Image and Film festival in October, the Seychelles Sailing Cup in January, and numerous local fishing competition held throughout the year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
Discover tropical birds, tortoises, dolphins and whales on the secluded and most northerly island of Seychelles
- The creole cuisine complete with fresh, organic and locally resourced ingredients.
- Activities galore, including nature tours, Tortoise and Turtle Spotting, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Snorkelling, Kayaking and Fishing
- A memorable nature retreat
Experience the tropical island of Mahé at banyan tree Seychelles resort
- A living museum of natural history and sasanctuary for some of the rarest species on Earth
- This paradise is famous for having some of the best beaches in the world, pristine and uncrowded
- The gastronomical experience at Banyan Tree Seychelles was specially conceptualised to offer you a unique experience
Prepare yourself for a memorable 8-day holiday with your family at the avani seychelles , where you will be able to...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
Located precisely and strategically upon two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...