Seychelles Hotels and Islands Scores high at Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2010
Travellers booking Seychelles holidays will be able to stay in a number of award-winning resorts and islands as the Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards 2010 honour Denis Island, North Island Cousine Island, and Fregate Island Private as top destinations.
This year's Conde Nast Readers' Travel Awards have ranked numerous islands and resorts for Seychelles holidays amongst their top destinations, with Denis Island coming third place on the list of Top 100 hotels in the Middle East, Africa and the Indian Ocean.
The Chief Executive Officer of the Seychelles Tourism Board, Alain St.Ange was honoured by the awards and said: "We are, of course, satisfied and proud to see the private resort island of Denis rated third in the 100 top resorts in the Middle East, Africa, and the Indian Ocean islands.
"Our private island resorts have fared well in this readers' award, which not only saw Denis Island coming out in third place, but Cousine Island came out 15th, North Island 16th, and Fregate Island Private 18th out of the 100 top resorts.
"This is great, because all these resorts are part and parcel of the 'Seychelles Brand' tourism policy launched by the Seychelles President but weeks ago."
He added: "We remain a destination that is unique, because of the diversity of our islands (having both mid-ocean granitic and coral islands), the year-round summer climate that gives Seychelles the land of perpetual summer, the first-class and award-winning white sandy beaches, the clear and clean turquoise blue seas, and the diversity of its population referred to as the islands living the 'rainbow nation' concept."
The Seychelles region is located in the Indian Ocean and is made up of an archipelago of approximately 115 tropical islands.
With an all year round warm tropical climate; luxurious accommodation comprising beach and water villas and five-star Seychelles hotels; and crystal clear waters perfect for scuba diving and snorkelling activities, visitors on their Seychelles holidays will find themselves in paradise.
During holidays in the Seychelles, there are a number of annual festivals and events taking place including the week-long SUBIOS Underwater Image and Film festival in October, the Seychelles Sailing Cup in January, and numerous local fishing competition held throughout the year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Soak up the stunning landscapes, friendly atmosphere, fascinating architecture and leisurely pace of life of La Digue Island
- Enjoy excursions galore - Take a bike or ox ride, visit Veuve Reserve, the Union Estate Park and Nid Aigle, or explore nearby islands, including Coco Island, Island Grande Soeur, Marianne Island and Praslin.
- The languid pace of life and the romantic, friendly atmosphere.
- Bask on beaches which have topped CNN’s list of ‘the world’s best beaches’.
A heavenly holiday getaway where natural beauty meets luxurious comfort at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
Discovery the wonder and beauty of thew Sheychelles at berjaya praslin resort, seychelles
- Dive along side fascinating sea creatures and amazing sights while bringing you even more enchanting discoveries.
- Jungle trekking, Island hopping, sailing and kayaking are just some of the many activities you can enjoy
- Discover Cote D'Or, one of the most stunning beaches in the world
Enjoy the exquisit food an amazing service to match at doubletree by hilton seychelles allamanda resort and spa
- Take advantage of fantastic watersports on offer including canoeing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Relax in a private whirlpool or indulge in treatments at the spa
- Enjoy daily Creole afternoon tea and romantic candlelit dinners on the beach
Swim around some of the most amazing under water sites in the world at the Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort and Spa
- Discover incredible flora and fauna including giant tortoise and incense trees
- Choose from a range of casual to gourmet dining options, or opt for an in-villa or under the stars experience
- Indulge in a spa treatment in a magical setting
Enjoy completely refurbished guest rooms and comfortable accommodation at the Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay hotel. The...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
This landmark hotel, recently refurbished is undoubtedly a connoisseurs choice. Tucked away in a private estate of lush...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Nestled within 18 acres of tropical grounds, in the untouched area of Baie Lazare, the 3* boutique Valmer Resort boasts...
Nicely hidden away amidst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens dotted by swaying coconut palms that gently dance in...