Eco Cuba holidays with Havana's Environmental Festival
For ecological travellers wanting to immerse in a late summer Eco-fest, Cuba holidays is the destination to head to as the country's capital of Havana prepares for a unique week-long festival, with musicians, artists and comedians joining in the eco-fun.
For environmental enthusiasts happening to be enjoying Cuba holidays from Monday to Sunday this week, Havana will be hosting its first environmental festival ever, featuring popular island musicians, artists and comedians.
The festival will take place in various venues in Havana with its main headquarters in the municipality of Santa Fe, home to well-known actor-turned-artist Jorge Perugorria, a participant in the project also showcasing some of his art during the festival.The actual celebrations start on the anniversary of the death of Antonio Núñez Jiménez, a prominent Cuban archaeologist and environmentalist.
Festival director Osmel Francia said the events include a concert at the island's most prestigious boarding school, the Vladimir Ilich Lenin High School with popular groups, such as Buena Fe, Los 4, Baby Lores, and Gente de Zona playing during a special concert there. Comedians and artists will join in with activities to raise awareness about the environmental problems humanity faces, such as climate change.
Lovers of arts spending their Cuba holidays in Havana during this time, will be able to enjoy varied Cuban pieces of art, created by various renowned artists. In addition to Jorge Perugoría, painters Nelson Dominguez and Zayda del Rio will exhibit a collection of 17 hand-decorated guayaberas, traditional Cuban dress shirts, with an environmentalist message.
For doing your bit to preserve the environment during you Cuba holidays, tourists can join children and young people to take part on Tuesday in the Save the World campaign, a project whose initial stage consists of cleaning up a 17-km area of the Santa Fe coastline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Enjoy a complimentary Cultural Presentation
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Enjoy a summer holiday of a lifetime staying at two amazing hotels in both Havana and Varadero
- Book now to receive our exclusive Couples offer which includes a bottle of cava on arrival in both hotels, turndown service in the evenings and a guaranteed reservation in the a la carte restaurants in Varadero and much more
- This offer includes a free Historical Havana Tour
- Experience Havana's vintage vibe & Varadero's soft white-sand beaches all in one trip
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
An unforgettable holiday experience combining the vibrant life of Havana and the relaxing beach at Varadero
- Benefit from multiple swimming pools and non-motorised water sports in Varadero.
- Relish upgraded luxuries including 24h room service and sparkling wine and chocolates on arrival.
- Discover the treasures of Havana form the tranquil base of the Melia Habana Hotel.
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
Soak up the history of Havana as well as the magnificence of Varadero beach on an unforgettable twin centre holiday to...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
Beyond its sober elegance of Mudejar roots and the presence of round arches and red clay tile roof, it is known for its...
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Bellevue Palma Real Varadero is a special hotel as it is authentically Cuban in every respect, from the food to the...