Eco Cuba holidays with Havana's Environmental Festival
For ecological travellers wanting to immerse in a late summer Eco-fest, Cuba holidays is the destination to head to as the country's capital of Havana prepares for a unique week-long festival, with musicians, artists and comedians joining in the eco-fun.
For environmental enthusiasts happening to be enjoying Cuba holidays from Monday to Sunday this week, Havana will be hosting its first environmental festival ever, featuring popular island musicians, artists and comedians.
The festival will take place in various venues in Havana with its main headquarters in the municipality of Santa Fe, home to well-known actor-turned-artist Jorge Perugorria, a participant in the project also showcasing some of his art during the festival.The actual celebrations start on the anniversary of the death of Antonio Núñez Jiménez, a prominent Cuban archaeologist and environmentalist.
Festival director Osmel Francia said the events include a concert at the island's most prestigious boarding school, the Vladimir Ilich Lenin High School with popular groups, such as Buena Fe, Los 4, Baby Lores, and Gente de Zona playing during a special concert there. Comedians and artists will join in with activities to raise awareness about the environmental problems humanity faces, such as climate change.
Lovers of arts spending their Cuba holidays in Havana during this time, will be able to enjoy varied Cuban pieces of art, created by various renowned artists. In addition to Jorge Perugoría, painters Nelson Dominguez and Zayda del Rio will exhibit a collection of 17 hand-decorated guayaberas, traditional Cuban dress shirts, with an environmentalist message.
For doing your bit to preserve the environment during you Cuba holidays, tourists can join children and young people to take part on Tuesday in the Save the World campaign, a project whose initial stage consists of cleaning up a 17-km area of the Santa Fe coastline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 29th May 2017
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Exclusive Free upgrade to the Bungalow Suite
Soak up the Caribbean sun on Varadero’s white sands
- The state of the art facilities and décor, that ensure a comfortable stay
- The daytime activities program & Kids club.
- The perfect location along one of the most spectacular stretches of beach in Cuba.
The unlimited heaven of tranquility in a perfect setting
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing summer 2017 beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Varadero is a showpiece of Cuba's natural beauty; stunning white beaches, turquoise waters and clusters of lofty palm...
Get the best of Havana and Varadero with this fabulous combination of city and beach in two of Cuba's finest hotels, the...
If you want to really feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, this is one of the best for an unforgettable...
This 1920s colonial house is surrounded by lush vegetation and terrace areas and boasts a stunning array of antiques,...
Look out onto the day to day life of Havana's streets from the Casa Santy's balconies, with its great location and a...