Eco Cuba holidays with Havana's Environmental Festival
For ecological travellers wanting to immerse in a late summer Eco-fest, Cuba holidays is the destination to head to as the country's capital of Havana prepares for a unique week-long festival, with musicians, artists and comedians joining in the eco-fun.
For environmental enthusiasts happening to be enjoying Cuba holidays from Monday to Sunday this week, Havana will be hosting its first environmental festival ever, featuring popular island musicians, artists and comedians.
The festival will take place in various venues in Havana with its main headquarters in the municipality of Santa Fe, home to well-known actor-turned-artist Jorge Perugorria, a participant in the project also showcasing some of his art during the festival.The actual celebrations start on the anniversary of the death of Antonio Núñez Jiménez, a prominent Cuban archaeologist and environmentalist.
Festival director Osmel Francia said the events include a concert at the island's most prestigious boarding school, the Vladimir Ilich Lenin High School with popular groups, such as Buena Fe, Los 4, Baby Lores, and Gente de Zona playing during a special concert there. Comedians and artists will join in with activities to raise awareness about the environmental problems humanity faces, such as climate change.
Lovers of arts spending their Cuba holidays in Havana during this time, will be able to enjoy varied Cuban pieces of art, created by various renowned artists. In addition to Jorge Perugoría, painters Nelson Dominguez and Zayda del Rio will exhibit a collection of 17 hand-decorated guayaberas, traditional Cuban dress shirts, with an environmentalist message.
For doing your bit to preserve the environment during you Cuba holidays, tourists can join children and young people to take part on Tuesday in the Save the World campaign, a project whose initial stage consists of cleaning up a 17-km area of the Santa Fe coastline.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
Fall in love with Havana and its captivating heritage before being dazzled by the pristine shores of Varadero
- You will be staying in luxurious hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly and offer the best of both worlds whether you are looking to adventure or relax
- Experience the best of the world famous Varadero Beach where white sand is lapped by clear water when staying at Melia Varadero
- Enjoy a Welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava on arrival in Havana and Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Virgin Atlantic Sale, huge reductions sale ends 18th Oct
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
- Blau Vardero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
Villa Romero is beautiful in its design, and its comfortable rooms are pleasantly decorated to a high standard, offering...
Explore the historic and cultural wonders of Cuba's spellbinding capital as you unwind over an eight-day getaway. Havana...
Are you searching for an adventurous holiday filled with culture, authenticity and charm? Then why not enjoy a twin...