Amazing culinary experiences to be had on Barbados holidays as island fries the competition!
Barbados walked away with the golden medal and the first place during this year's edition of CHTA Taste of the Caribbean competition held in Puerto Rico. The island's team brought home four of the top awards including Team Gold
Proving that Barbados holidays are about much more than sun and idyllic beaches, the latest island achievement makes the island an iconic Caribbean place in which to enjoy suberb food, so when looking for the best places in which to enjoy gourmet dining options during Caribbean holidays, Barbados is a place to consider.
The participating team of Barbados’ chef bringing home from this year’s Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association’s (CHTA) Taste Of The Caribbean competition in Puerto Rico. Emotional team members yesterday broke down in tears when Alec Sanguinetti, CHTA’s director general and chief executive officer, announced that the 11-member team had taken four of the top awards, including Team Gold.
The other awards for Barbados are bronze in the Bartender category, Best Use Of Certified Angus Beef and the Hans Schank Commemorative Award for the Most Innovative Menu.
Competing against ten other Caribbean territories, including host Puerto Rico, Barbados’ team included chefs Mitchell Husbands (team leader), Andre Nurse, Wilwore Jordan, Thaddeus Sealy (alternate), Henderson Butcher (team manager), Creig Greenidge (team manager/trainer), Stephanie Sayers (junior chef), Pastry Chefs Janelle Crawford and Ezra Beckles (alternate), and bartenders Harold Harper and Andre Tull (alternate).
Sue Springer, BHTA executive vice-president, and assistant vice-president, Michelle Smith-Mayers, congratulated the team, noting that it had done Barbados and the BHTA proud.
“They had little time to prepare, but they came to Puerto Rico and pulled out all the stops and have been rewarded for it,” Springer said
Taste Of The Caribbean is the annual celebration of Caribbean cuisine and beverage and provides the opportunity for the contestants to network and polish professional skills as they compete before a large audience of industry peers and consumer culinary enthusiasts.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south cost of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views
- Benefit from the self catering service or the fabulous restaurant offering international and Caribbean cuisine
- Just 25 minutes to the capital Bridgetown and 10 minutes from the airport
- The Butterfly Beach Hotel is set beside Oistin's Bay with access to two white sand beaches
Make the most of a good value for money deal, at a family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , a fashionable and lively strip.
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travelers' Choice Award
- One of the most affordable self-catering hotels in Barbados
- Rostrevor hotel has an easy access to shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
Exclusive added values at the Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, set on the trendy South Coast of Barbados
Relax and enjoy great nightlife on the south coast, stay in a great hotel on beautiful Worthing Beach, where you can choose hassle free accommodation
- Book today and receive a free upgrade to the Junior Suite, free Breakfast and a bottle of Mount Gay Rum
- All the rooms are comfortable and come equipped with air conditioning, daily maid service and a balcony or patio
- Short walk away from shops, restaurants, sporting facilities, supermarkets, bars and night clubs.
Enjoy this all-suite resort's warm service and superb facilities on a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados, the gem of the Caribbean
- Includes all meals, snacks and drinks as well as non-motorised water sports and Flying Fish Kids Club
- Great family resort with excellent kids club and educational marine programme
- Enjoy three onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
This is the place to be if you're looking for a sun-drenched holiday by the sea. Rostrevor Hotel is one of the most...
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget. This is the perfect...
An intimate collection of One Bedroom Apartments located in the heart of the West Coast of Barbados. Halcyon Palm offers...
St Lawrence Gap is famous for its many restaurants, great shopping and lively nightlife. This 1.3 km stretch of road,...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in a Caribbean...