PM calls for Treasure Beach residents to promote Jamaica holidays
Praising residents in the area for helping boost tourism and bring larger number of tourists on Jamaica holidays to Treasure Beach in St. Elizabeth, Prime Minister Golding is encouraging
In an effort to boost Jamaica holidays in the area, Jamaican Prime Minister, the Hon. Bruce Golding says the people of Treasure Beach, in St. Elizabeth, should take pride in their achievement of bringing tourism to the area and maintain such a positive attitude towards it. According to Golding, throughout the years it has been their community consciousness that have made the area a major tourist destination.
During his speech at the opening of the BREDS Treasure Beach Sports Park on 11th September 2010, Mr Golding attributed the growing success of Jamaica holidays in the area to the work of the residents."The growth of this community, the extent to which its name has gone abroad and has become such a unique attraction for visitors to Jamaica, is partly due to ownership that the people of Treasure Beach have taken, and how they protect it and make sure that it is not abused," - the Prime Minister said.
Golding added that the Government would continue to support this endeavour to further boost Jamaica holidays in Treasure Beach, as that kind of community spirit is the kind that should be growing freely and springing up in other communities of the island.
Mr. Golding also revealed that facilities at Treasure Beach are mostly geared towards sport tourism, noting that Jamaica holidays here have "tremendous potential for continued development of the area, bringing benefit to the community and providing new adventure for so many people to benefit."
The Prime Minister, in lauding the BREDS Foundation, founded by businessman, Jason Henzell, said many times when investment enters an area, it dislocates the community and replaces what was there for the people's enjoyment and sustenance of the community, but Mr. Henzell has ensured that the natural environment is developed for the residents.
"What has happened in Treasure Beach is truly phenomenal, because of his vision and leadership. His own investment in this community has been integrated into the community, and has enhanced the quality of life for the people of the area. It is an example of how investment and development can be made to be compatible with the natural lifestyle and natural way that people live," Mr. Golding said.
Golding went on to praise the efforts of the late Public Relations consultant, Desmond Henry, a resident of the area, who contributed much to the development of Treasure Beach as a tourist destination attracting many travellers looking for active Jamaica holidays. "He has blazed the trail, and everything that we do must be in honour of the contribution that he made," he added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- All Inclusive Resort with all meals and beverages included
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Family Friendly Hotel where up to 2 Kids can stay and play for free
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- July Special offers now in place with savings until 2019
- Unlimited-Fun® All Inclusive Resort with a selection of dining options for all the family
- Have a break from the Kids with the adults only pool
- On-site Waterpark featuring a Pirate ship, a lazy river and two waterslides
Discreet luxury at your beck and call under Jamaican sunshine with everything you love, with virtually no limits
Let the most romantic of retreats seduce you and a loved one into a sheer state atof bliss when you stay at Couples Sans Souci.
- Enjoy an array of complimentary water sports & unlimited golf with transfers and green fees included
- Summer Savings with incredible discounts of up to 42% for travel up until 2019
- Includes unlimited premium alcoholic beverages, 24 hour casual to gourmet dining, complimentary airport transfers and more
- Exclusive offsite excursions come included in the package including Dunn's River Falls and Margaritaville
Immerse yourself in a vareity of complimentary activities, excursions and spa treatments at Moon Palace Jamaica
- Relish complimentary perks including a bottle of red wine upon arrival, spa treatments, tours, activities and much more
- Don't miss out on this incredible offer Kids 17 and under stay, play and eat free and a saving of upto 14%
- Incredible resort credit upto $2500 FREE to be used to swim with dolphins, upgrade your wine, spa treatments and much more!
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay. Located...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a picture postcard made real. Secrets Wild Orchid sits in one of Jamaica's premier resorts,...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...