PM calls for Treasure Beach residents to promote Jamaica holidays
Praising residents in the area for helping boost tourism and bring larger number of tourists on Jamaica holidays to Treasure Beach in St. Elizabeth, Prime Minister Golding is encouraging
In an effort to boost Jamaica holidays in the area, Jamaican Prime Minister, the Hon. Bruce Golding says the people of Treasure Beach, in St. Elizabeth, should take pride in their achievement of bringing tourism to the area and maintain such a positive attitude towards it. According to Golding, throughout the years it has been their community consciousness that have made the area a major tourist destination.
During his speech at the opening of the BREDS Treasure Beach Sports Park on 11th September 2010, Mr Golding attributed the growing success of Jamaica holidays in the area to the work of the residents."The growth of this community, the extent to which its name has gone abroad and has become such a unique attraction for visitors to Jamaica, is partly due to ownership that the people of Treasure Beach have taken, and how they protect it and make sure that it is not abused," - the Prime Minister said.
Golding added that the Government would continue to support this endeavour to further boost Jamaica holidays in Treasure Beach, as that kind of community spirit is the kind that should be growing freely and springing up in other communities of the island.
Mr. Golding also revealed that facilities at Treasure Beach are mostly geared towards sport tourism, noting that Jamaica holidays here have "tremendous potential for continued development of the area, bringing benefit to the community and providing new adventure for so many people to benefit."
The Prime Minister, in lauding the BREDS Foundation, founded by businessman, Jason Henzell, said many times when investment enters an area, it dislocates the community and replaces what was there for the people's enjoyment and sustenance of the community, but Mr. Henzell has ensured that the natural environment is developed for the residents.
"What has happened in Treasure Beach is truly phenomenal, because of his vision and leadership. His own investment in this community has been integrated into the community, and has enhanced the quality of life for the people of the area. It is an example of how investment and development can be made to be compatible with the natural lifestyle and natural way that people live," Mr. Golding said.
Golding went on to praise the efforts of the late Public Relations consultant, Desmond Henry, a resident of the area, who contributed much to the development of Treasure Beach as a tourist destination attracting many travellers looking for active Jamaica holidays. "He has blazed the trail, and everything that we do must be in honour of the contribution that he made," he added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
- Summer just got better with upto two kids stay and play for FREE!
- Enjoy 24-hour access to food and beverage
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Enjoy Exclusive April Offers with incredible savings
- A variety of water sports or leave your daily stress behind and relax with the magical spa services
- Luxury accommodations combined with breathtaking ocean views
- A wide selection of restaurants with international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to classic Jamaican fare
Luxury and romance at Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- World-class Spa by Pevonia®
- Exclusively situated on Montego Bay’s breathtaking Peninsula, surrounded by the Caribbean Sea
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Montego Bay is simply a postcard made real. It is one of Jamaica's premier resorts, covered in fine white sands and...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled upon a stunning beach The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to the entertainment and activities...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...