PM calls for Treasure Beach residents to promote Jamaica holidays
Praising residents in the area for helping boost tourism and bring larger number of tourists on Jamaica holidays to Treasure Beach in St. Elizabeth, Prime Minister Golding is encouraging
In an effort to boost Jamaica holidays in the area, Jamaican Prime Minister, the Hon. Bruce Golding says the people of Treasure Beach, in St. Elizabeth, should take pride in their achievement of bringing tourism to the area and maintain such a positive attitude towards it. According to Golding, throughout the years it has been their community consciousness that have made the area a major tourist destination.
During his speech at the opening of the BREDS Treasure Beach Sports Park on 11th September 2010, Mr Golding attributed the growing success of Jamaica holidays in the area to the work of the residents."The growth of this community, the extent to which its name has gone abroad and has become such a unique attraction for visitors to Jamaica, is partly due to ownership that the people of Treasure Beach have taken, and how they protect it and make sure that it is not abused," - the Prime Minister said.
Golding added that the Government would continue to support this endeavour to further boost Jamaica holidays in Treasure Beach, as that kind of community spirit is the kind that should be growing freely and springing up in other communities of the island.
Mr. Golding also revealed that facilities at Treasure Beach are mostly geared towards sport tourism, noting that Jamaica holidays here have "tremendous potential for continued development of the area, bringing benefit to the community and providing new adventure for so many people to benefit."
The Prime Minister, in lauding the BREDS Foundation, founded by businessman, Jason Henzell, said many times when investment enters an area, it dislocates the community and replaces what was there for the people's enjoyment and sustenance of the community, but Mr. Henzell has ensured that the natural environment is developed for the residents.
"What has happened in Treasure Beach is truly phenomenal, because of his vision and leadership. His own investment in this community has been integrated into the community, and has enhanced the quality of life for the people of the area. It is an example of how investment and development can be made to be compatible with the natural lifestyle and natural way that people live," Mr. Golding said.
Golding went on to praise the efforts of the late Public Relations consultant, Desmond Henry, a resident of the area, who contributed much to the development of Treasure Beach as a tourist destination attracting many travellers looking for active Jamaica holidays. "He has blazed the trail, and everything that we do must be in honour of the contribution that he made," he added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Enjoy the affordable Holiday Inn Resort Montego Bay with a fantastic location
- Summer 2018 Sale now on, save £250 per person
- Two Children, 12 years of age and younger stay and eat free of charge
- Choose thrilling water sports while your kids enjoy the Children's activity centre
- Enjoy buffet or a la carte meals as part of the All Inclusive concept at five on-site restaurants
Discover Unlimited-Fun® with warm Jamaican hospitality in Montego Bay with a complimentary upgrade and resort coupons
Whether it's gliding down waterslides, riding a pirate ship or just relaxing on a lazy river at Pirate's Paradise Waterpark, there's fun for everyone guaranteed!
- Book and receive an upgrade to the next available room category plus $200 resort coupons per room
- Pirate's Paradise Waterpark on-site featuring a pirate ship and two waterslides
- The Montego Bay Marine Park location offers protected swimming areas and extraordinary snorkelling
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth at Mangos Jamaica
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Located on Trelawny Bay and its beautiful beach
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Book and save over £500 per family with discounted rates for 2017 and 2018 and up to 2 Kids stay FREE
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
Holiday Inn Resort offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical gardens. The resort has a...
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights. Located on the white sand beaches of...
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Treat yourself to a week in the island of sun, tropical beauty and reggae music. Your place of retreat will be the place...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Take a sun-kissed break from the stresses of everyday life whilst on a getaway to the Caribbean. Nestled one mile away...