PM calls for Treasure Beach residents to promote Jamaica holidays
Praising residents in the area for helping boost tourism and bring larger number of tourists on Jamaica holidays to Treasure Beach in St. Elizabeth, Prime Minister Golding is encouraging
In an effort to boost Jamaica holidays in the area, Jamaican Prime Minister, the Hon. Bruce Golding says the people of Treasure Beach, in St. Elizabeth, should take pride in their achievement of bringing tourism to the area and maintain such a positive attitude towards it. According to Golding, throughout the years it has been their community consciousness that have made the area a major tourist destination.
During his speech at the opening of the BREDS Treasure Beach Sports Park on 11th September 2010, Mr Golding attributed the growing success of Jamaica holidays in the area to the work of the residents."The growth of this community, the extent to which its name has gone abroad and has become such a unique attraction for visitors to Jamaica, is partly due to ownership that the people of Treasure Beach have taken, and how they protect it and make sure that it is not abused," - the Prime Minister said.
Golding added that the Government would continue to support this endeavour to further boost Jamaica holidays in Treasure Beach, as that kind of community spirit is the kind that should be growing freely and springing up in other communities of the island.
Mr. Golding also revealed that facilities at Treasure Beach are mostly geared towards sport tourism, noting that Jamaica holidays here have "tremendous potential for continued development of the area, bringing benefit to the community and providing new adventure for so many people to benefit."
The Prime Minister, in lauding the BREDS Foundation, founded by businessman, Jason Henzell, said many times when investment enters an area, it dislocates the community and replaces what was there for the people's enjoyment and sustenance of the community, but Mr. Henzell has ensured that the natural environment is developed for the residents.
"What has happened in Treasure Beach is truly phenomenal, because of his vision and leadership. His own investment in this community has been integrated into the community, and has enhanced the quality of life for the people of the area. It is an example of how investment and development can be made to be compatible with the natural lifestyle and natural way that people live," Mr. Golding said.
Golding went on to praise the efforts of the late Public Relations consultant, Desmond Henry, a resident of the area, who contributed much to the development of Treasure Beach as a tourist destination attracting many travellers looking for active Jamaica holidays. "He has blazed the trail, and everything that we do must be in honour of the contribution that he made," he added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
Surround yourself in the heart of negril soaking up the sun by day and enjoy the buzzing nightlife
- Metro Offer: Book and Save upto £100 per person!
- Activities at the resort includes windsurfing, sailing,water skiing and much more
- Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence
- Rooms with stunning views of the caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Enjoy free round-trip transfers and complimentary golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- Enjoy a holiday of a lifetime with various extras including free round trip transfers and complimentary 18-hole golf at the nearby Negril Hill Golf Course
- 24-Hour Gourmet Dining, Premium Alcoholic Beverages & Soft Drinks
- Choice of 5 unique restaurants and 4 Bars including a Swim-up bar
- Complimentary excursions including a trip to a popular sunset bar or a brillant catamaran cruise
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica.
- This adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility
- Have an enjoyable evening with the nightly theme parties & live entertainment
- Enjoy endless daytime activities such snorkelling, sailing, basketball, catamarans & More
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...