Cuba's Hotel Saratoga ranked among the best in America and the Caribbean
The Saratoga hotel in Cuba has just been distinguished as one of the best in America and the Caribbean as voted by British readers of the Conde Nast Traveller magazine.
Making a strong appearance in Conde Nast Traveller UK magazine's Readers' Travel Awards 2010 the Saratoga hotel in Cuba has been distinguished as one of the most exceptional Cuba hotels providing luxury Cuba holidays in the heart of Havana. This exceptional hotel beautifully located in a central area of the famous and historic Old Havana district came out ranked in the Top 20 list of Best Hotels in America and the Caribbean, positioned at number 16 and standing out as one of the best places to stay at in order to enjoy top luxury Cuba holidays in Havana.
This was the result of the voting made by British readers of the magazine's UK edition, who filled out a survey in which they were asked to select the Best Hotel by geographical zone with criteria such as design, facilities, gastronomy, location, guest rooms and service.
It was the hotels that received the highest scores which made up the Top 20 list for 2010. These results are later published in a special Annual Edition of the magazine, which then awards all hotels that ranked number one in each category. Prizes and awards are given out during a grand ceremony with special attendees coming from the media and the travel industry.
Below we list the full Top 20 hotels and resorts that it made it as America and Caribbean's best, all deluxe, five-star properties with rocket-high standards of service:
1. The Jalousie Plantation, St Lucia 91.87
2. Hôtel Saint-Bart Isle de France, St Barts 91.46
3. Sandy Lane, Barbados 90.56
4. Parrot Cay, Turks & Caicos 89.40
5. Peter Island Resort & Spa, British Virgin Islands 88.39
6. Four Seasons Resort Whistler, British Columbia, Canada 87.36
7. Carlisle Bay, Antigua 86.34
8. Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, Peru 85.26
9. Hotel del Coronado, San Diego 84.55
10. Cap Juluca, Anguilla 83.32
11. Anse Chastenet, St Lucia 83.01
12. Cotton House, Mustique 81.73
13. Rosewood Little Dix Bay, British Virgin Islands 80.48
14. Explora en Patagonia Hotel Salto Chico, Chile 80.01
15. One&Only Ocean Club, Paradise Island, Bahamas 79.04
16. Hotel Saratoga, Havana 77.55
17. Ladera, St Lucia 76.60
18. Soho Grand Hotel, New York 76.09
19. The Wickaninnish Inn, British Columbia, Canada 75.23
20. Hotel Monasterio, Cusco, Peru 74.33
For the Hotel Saratoga this is the 4th time it has been ranked by Conde Nast Traveller lists of Best Hotels, and the fourth time it has been recognised for providing outstanding Cuba holidays to British travellers. Last year it also ranked in at number 16 during the Readers' Travel Awards 2009 in the same category of Best Hotels in America and the Caribbean while in 2008 it was also included in the Gold List, in the category of Best for Ambience & Design, published in October 2008's special edition. Back in 2006 the Saratoga hotel had already reached the number 24 position among the 60 Best New Hotels in the World, in The Hot List 2006, published in April 2006.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Saratoga Browse all
Enjoy a memorable stay at Saratoga and Iberostar Ensenachos
- Benefit from the first class facilities at Iberostar Ensenachos including a water sport centre, health club and theatre
- Relax and enjoy the roof top swimming pool and restaurant with spectacular city views
- Never waste a minute of your holiday and spoil yourself with all spa treatments the resorts are offering
The hotel combines exquisite fittings of floor-to-ceiling French windows and mahogany features, with the latest technology to ensure outstanding comfort and service
- Get fantastic city views from the roof top swimming pool and restaurant which are reputed to be the best rooftop pool and restaurant in the city
- Enjoy exclusive benefits for couples when staying for a minimum of 2 nights
- Hotel Saratoga was listed on the Conde Nast 'Gold List 2008' for its ambience and design
Wander the magical streets of Old Havana, marvel at the architecture, then splash in the azure waters of a tropical island paradise, Cayo Santa Maria
- Discover both Cuba’s historical capital, Havana, but also the stunning white beaches of Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy modern facilities and design at Royalton Cayo Santa Maria.
- Enjoy colonial grandeur and Cuban art at Havana's Saratoga hotel.
One of our most luxurious combinations, giving you different ways to enjoy Cuba and get a true flavour of this...
Here we present you with two of Cuba's most romantic hotels. Located on one of the busiest streets in the Cuban capital,...
Soak up the charms of Havana as well as the exquisiteness of Cayo Santa Maria beach on a remarkable twin centre holiday...
Take this chance to tour the length and breadth of Cuba's historical capital while living in the lap of luxury. As a...
Soak up the charms of Havana as well as the exquisiteness of Varadero beach on a remarkable twin centre holiday to...
Soak up the sun on Varadero beach, as well as the charms of Havana on a remarkable twin centre holiday to Cuba. Start...
Head to Cuba on a twin centre package that allows you to not only enjoy a beach retreat in Varadero, but also to explore...