The revamped "Goldeneye" resort re-opens for James Bond Jamaica holidays
Due to re-open on the lucky date of 10-10-10, The Golden Eye Hotel and Resort in Jamaica will once again be opening its doors to offer lively travellers with fun James Bond-style Jamaica holidays.
James Bond fanatics and film enthusiasts wanting to spend movie-like Jamaica holidays in an exceptional location that was once the set of the GoldenEye film, will soon be able to do so with the re-opening of a legendary resort. Island Outpost, Chris Blackwell’s award-winning collection of hotels & villa resorts in Jamaica, recently appointed Nick Simmonds as the new Managing Director of the highly anticipated re-opening of GoldenEye. Launching this October, for the delight of those wanting to experience Bond-type of Jamaica holidays, the fully refurbished GoldenEye – former home to James Bond author Ian Fleming – has fastidiously preserved the original Fleming House and its 5 surrounding cottages with the addition of 11 new bright and airy beach or lagoon cottages and two bedroom beach cottages, 6 lagoon suites, two new restaurants and a seawater infinity pool.
The new manager, Nick Simmonds will bring a wealth of experience to his new role, gained through his career specialising in launching and operating some of the most prestigious properties in the world. Most recently Simmons was involved in other destinations popular for Caribbean holidays; he was General Manager at The Cotton House in the private island of Mustique and prior to this he was launching and managing Parrot Cay, in Turks and Caicos, which gives them plenty of experience with working in the Caribbean holidays market. Other roles included senior management positions at luxury properties in the Channel Islands and Sun City owned by Sol Kerzner’s Sun International and the Mount Nelson Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa.
As Managing Director, Nick will oversee all operations for GoldenEye, ensuring that Jamaica holidays here provide the most unforgettable experiences for guests. The resort when completed will house 23 guest units, including the Fleming villa – amidst 52 acres of pristine coastline, serene lagoons and lush tropical gardens. The resort will also be home to two restaurants, Le Bar Bizot and The Gazebo, as well as an extedlnsive activities programme led by Jamaican tri-athlete Iona Wynter. The fun, fitness-focused experiences include bay rafting, Jet Ski leg and ab workouts, stretch and snorkel classes, triathlon training, moon yoga and more.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall offers a dream holiday
- Indulge in a spa treatment or play a round of golf at Cinnamon Hill Golf Course
- Experience great all-inclusive options at 7 fantastic restaurants, bars and grills
- Bask on the 2,500 foot private beach or enjoy Sugar Mill Falls park - The biggest aquatic park in the Caribbean
Enjoy the priviliges of bygone days at secrets st. james montego bay, an Adults Only Romantic resort with Unlimited-Luxury Privileges
- Relax & Unwind at the Secrets Spa by Pevonia or watch a live show at the open-air theatre
- Indulge in a host of international cuisine, or dine in with 24-hr room service
- Huge savings when you upgrade to a Preferred Club room or Preferred Club Junior Suite
- Enjoy a range of activities including sailing, snorkelling, windsurfing and tennis
Freedom of choice is what it's all about at this adult-only hotel, hedonism ii designed for pure self indulgence of the body, spirit and soul
- 2018 Early Booking Offer: Stay 7 Pay 6, Stay 14 Pay 11!
- Dance the night away at the Famous Club Hurricane Nightclub
- Indulge in the wide selection of food & unlimited drinks including top shelf brands
- Enjoy a vast array of facilities including Kayaking, Water-Skiing, Snorkelling & more
Explore the area and enjoy an easy access to all attractions around Falmouth
- Fully equipped fitness centre, watersport activities, tennis court, golf and themed dining evenings to enjoy
- Within 30 minutes by car from Montego Bay International airport and downtown Montego
- Complimentary Wi-fi throughout the hotel
Experience firsthand the enchantment of Jamaica's magical Montego Bay as you enjoy the holiday of a lifetime. The Hilton...
Enjoy the perfect setting for a romantic honeymoon or tropical wedding at the all inclusive Mangos Jamaica. This adults...
An exclusive, romantic Jamaican holiday awaits you at the Secrets St. James Montego Bay on a secluded beach with a...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Montego Bay offers a magical location on the beachfront nestled amidst luxury tropical...
Bringing the essence of all things Jamaican to life, the Shaw Park Beach Hotel and Spa is the quintessential Caribbean...