Grand Velas Riviera Maya Hotel named "Best of the Best" Spa by Virtuoso
The luxury Riviera Maya hotel, Grand Velas, has been named as the Best Spa by the luxury travel network, Virtuoso and its magazine, Virtuoso Life, in the "Best of Best" Awards 2010, for its lush jungle surroundings and organic style.
Luxury travel network, Virtuoso, and its magazine Virtuoso Life has awarded a Riviera Maya hotel for the Best Spa at this year's "Best of Best" awards.
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya beat off competition from other nominees for the award which included The Anantara Spa at Kempinski Ishtar Dead Sea in Jordan; Le Spa Metropole at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi in Vietnam; The Spa at La Reserve Ramatuelle in France; and the To B. Wellbeing & Spa at Grand Hotel Quellenhoff & Spa Suites, Bad Ragaz in Switzerland.
The Riviera Maya hotel was selected for the prestigious award because of its luxury treatments and products upon 89,000 square feet within lush jungle surroundings. The lower level of the spa reflects the Mexican regions underground water pools and cenotes and features a hand-hewn rock wall with a winding chlorine-free pool with water-bubble beds, a gurgling volcanic geyser, and cascading waterfalls.
The spa features 40 treatment rooms with separate hydrotherapy facilities amid aromatic essences. Guests enjoying luxury spa holidays in Riviera Maya can even enjoy rejuvenating treatments and services in the comfort of their spa suites where they can relax in double Jacuzzis, private treatment areas and hydro-massage tubs.
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort is situated five minutes from Playa del Carmen and features 491 luxury suites each boasting 1,000 square feet of space. Guests enjoying Riviera Maya holidays can choose from adult-only oceanfront Ambassador Grand Class Suites, family-friendly Ambassador Suites, and Master Suites surrounded by flora and fauna of the jungle.
The Riviera Maya hotel was designed by the Mexican architecture firm, Elias and Elias, and boasts local Yucatan, European and Asian gourmet cuisine with the choice of seven restaurants and talented world-class chefs.
Each guest can indulge with dedicated butler service and couples can enjoy weddings abroad in the hotel's 91,457 square-foot conventions and banqueting centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 17:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Stay right next to the world's second largest coral reef, in an idyllic setting that's also been declared a National Park.
- You'll be fantastically placed within walking distance to Puerto Morales, a quaint fishing village
- The tranquil National Park and beachfront setting that boasts the world's second largest coral reef
- French, Mediterranean, Asian and Mexican delights will tempt your palate at the resort's array of restaurants
Spoil yourself rotten with a pampering holiday at one of Cancun's most luxurious all inclusive resorts, with a long list of fully-included facilities, activities and services - everyone in the family is guaranteed to be pleased!
- As well as food & beverages, Unlimited-Luxury includes theme parties, daytime and evening entertainment and all the activities at the kids and teens clubs
- Explorer's Club for ages 3-12 and Core Zone for ages 9-17 provide a whole host of activities from euro-bungee to big screen movies on the beach
- Just 30 minutes away from Xcaret Park, an Ecological & Archaeological Theme Park with various family activities
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
- Family-friendly resort offering a heated kids pool and a Mayan-themed Explorer’s Club that features a planetarium and pyramid-shaped climbing wall
- Intimate wine cellar offering international premium brand wine selections
The ideal romantic setting for honeymooners and lovers to enjoy an adults only haven
- Unlimited-Luxury concept offering exceptional all-inclusive privileges
- Adults only resort just 20 minutes from the airport and the nightlife of Cancun 15 miles away
- Enjoy one of the various treatments on offer at the lavish Secrets Spa by Pevonia complete with 17 massage rooms and a hypnotherapy circuit
Make the beautiful Riviera Maya region of Mexico your home away from home and experience the coastal holiday you've...
Submit to the charms of the picturesque Riviera Maya as you spend eight days exploring this unique district in the...
Get away from it all with a once in a lifetime excursion to Cancun, one of Mexico's most celebrated resort towns. This...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. Set just south of the Yucatan Peninsula, this...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...