Grand Velas Riviera Maya Hotel named "Best of the Best" Spa by Virtuoso
The luxury Riviera Maya hotel, Grand Velas, has been named as the Best Spa by the luxury travel network, Virtuoso and its magazine, Virtuoso Life, in the "Best of Best" Awards 2010, for its lush jungle surroundings and organic style.
Luxury travel network, Virtuoso, and its magazine Virtuoso Life has awarded a Riviera Maya hotel for the Best Spa at this year's "Best of Best" awards.
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya beat off competition from other nominees for the award which included The Anantara Spa at Kempinski Ishtar Dead Sea in Jordan; Le Spa Metropole at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi in Vietnam; The Spa at La Reserve Ramatuelle in France; and the To B. Wellbeing & Spa at Grand Hotel Quellenhoff & Spa Suites, Bad Ragaz in Switzerland.
The Riviera Maya hotel was selected for the prestigious award because of its luxury treatments and products upon 89,000 square feet within lush jungle surroundings. The lower level of the spa reflects the Mexican regions underground water pools and cenotes and features a hand-hewn rock wall with a winding chlorine-free pool with water-bubble beds, a gurgling volcanic geyser, and cascading waterfalls.
The spa features 40 treatment rooms with separate hydrotherapy facilities amid aromatic essences. Guests enjoying luxury spa holidays in Riviera Maya can even enjoy rejuvenating treatments and services in the comfort of their spa suites where they can relax in double Jacuzzis, private treatment areas and hydro-massage tubs.
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort is situated five minutes from Playa del Carmen and features 491 luxury suites each boasting 1,000 square feet of space. Guests enjoying Riviera Maya holidays can choose from adult-only oceanfront Ambassador Grand Class Suites, family-friendly Ambassador Suites, and Master Suites surrounded by flora and fauna of the jungle.
The Riviera Maya hotel was designed by the Mexican architecture firm, Elias and Elias, and boasts local Yucatan, European and Asian gourmet cuisine with the choice of seven restaurants and talented world-class chefs.
Each guest can indulge with dedicated butler service and couples can enjoy weddings abroad in the hotel's 91,457 square-foot conventions and banqueting centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
Exuding romance and adults-only exclusivity, this luxury retreat will pamper you from head to foot with its indulgent Unlimited Luxury concept.
- Unlimited-Luxury® will give you the celebrity treatment with unlimited premium drinks and gourmet meals
- Relax and rejuvenate at the relax Spa by Pevonia® with a wide range of pampering treatments on offer
- Have the time of your life with exciting parties and endless entertainment
This spectacular 5-star hotel faces a pristine beach and boasts luxury amenities and personalised service to provide flawless holiday experiences
- The adults-only Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso is a winner of TripAdvisor Traveller's Choice Awards 2015
- Exclusive privileges include champagne check-in, 24-hour room service, daily stocked mini-bar with guest's favourite beverages and recreational options galore
- Try your swing at the onsite golf course and get 18 holes free per person when staying over 4 nights or two complimentary rounds for stays of 5 nights or longer
The Riviera Maya has long been one of the touristic gems of the Americas. The Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun is set just...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. The Secrets Silversands resort...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...
Situated in the heart of the famous Riviera Maya, the Oasis Tulum Lite is a high-end resort designed with your...
Take a luxurious and fun-packed 15-day retreat at Mexico's famous Riviera Maya, while you enjoy the many amenities of...