Grand Velas Riviera Maya Hotel named "Best of the Best" Spa by Virtuoso
The luxury Riviera Maya hotel, Grand Velas, has been named as the Best Spa by the luxury travel network, Virtuoso and its magazine, Virtuoso Life, in the "Best of Best" Awards 2010, for its lush jungle surroundings and organic style.
Luxury travel network, Virtuoso, and its magazine Virtuoso Life has awarded a Riviera Maya hotel for the Best Spa at this year's "Best of Best" awards.
The Grand Velas Riviera Maya beat off competition from other nominees for the award which included The Anantara Spa at Kempinski Ishtar Dead Sea in Jordan; Le Spa Metropole at Sofitel Legend Metropole Hanoi in Vietnam; The Spa at La Reserve Ramatuelle in France; and the To B. Wellbeing & Spa at Grand Hotel Quellenhoff & Spa Suites, Bad Ragaz in Switzerland.
The Riviera Maya hotel was selected for the prestigious award because of its luxury treatments and products upon 89,000 square feet within lush jungle surroundings. The lower level of the spa reflects the Mexican regions underground water pools and cenotes and features a hand-hewn rock wall with a winding chlorine-free pool with water-bubble beds, a gurgling volcanic geyser, and cascading waterfalls.
The spa features 40 treatment rooms with separate hydrotherapy facilities amid aromatic essences. Guests enjoying luxury spa holidays in Riviera Maya can even enjoy rejuvenating treatments and services in the comfort of their spa suites where they can relax in double Jacuzzis, private treatment areas and hydro-massage tubs.
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort is situated five minutes from Playa del Carmen and features 491 luxury suites each boasting 1,000 square feet of space. Guests enjoying Riviera Maya holidays can choose from adult-only oceanfront Ambassador Grand Class Suites, family-friendly Ambassador Suites, and Master Suites surrounded by flora and fauna of the jungle.
The Riviera Maya hotel was designed by the Mexican architecture firm, Elias and Elias, and boasts local Yucatan, European and Asian gourmet cuisine with the choice of seven restaurants and talented world-class chefs.
Each guest can indulge with dedicated butler service and couples can enjoy weddings abroad in the hotel's 91,457 square-foot conventions and banqueting centre.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 17:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Riviera Maya Browse all
Life doesn't get much better than a stay in the Riviera Maya, just a heart beat away from the awe-inspiring Tulum pyramids
- The proximity to the "best-preserved Mayan ruins in the Western Hemisphere"
- The FREE Unlimited Connectivity app allows guests to make local calls, send messages, emails and surf the web over the hotel's Wi-Fi. It's even possible to book Spa treatments, plan romantic dinners, check the resort map, book activities and more
- All-inclusive facilities include 9 restaurants, 7 bars, a private beach, 2 pools and more
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Intimate wine cellar offering international premium brand wine selections
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Discover this dream romantic getaway where every luxury is included at Secrets Akumal Riviera Maya
- Huge Savings when staying in Preferred Club rooms or suites
- Enjoy the 24-hour room service, complimentary daily re-stocked mini bar and free WiFi; it's all there and it's all included
- Let Unlimited Luxury treat you to fine meals and drinks as well as an array of non-motorised water sports
- Be seduced by sophisticated comforts, elegant design and complimentary green fees at Riviera Maya Golf Club
Set upon an amazing white sand beach this adults only 5 Star resort is the perfect for the ultimate Mexican holiday
- With locally resourced natural and handmade materials, this hotel promises an enchanting and sumptuous stay.
- Surrounded by a stunning white beach, enchanting landscaped gardens and cosy seating areas, you will truly get in the holiday spirit.
- Enjoy a whole hoard of land and water sports, entertainment and excursions. Enjoy a game of golf, visit nearby ancient ruins or explore the local nightlife
Submit to the charms of the picturesque Riviera Maya as you spend eight days exploring this unique district in the...
The Riviera Maya, admired for its history and its wondrous sugar-white sands, kaleidoscope of green palm trees,and deep...
Get away to one of the most exciting tourist destinations on earth, the Riviera Maya. This resort boasts the timeless...
Take a trip to the Mayan Riviera and discover another side of Mother Nature you've never seen. Your two weeks in this...
Make the beautiful Riviera Maya region of Mexico your home away from home and experience the coastal holiday you've...
Explore the historical riches of the Riviera Maya and marvel at the abundant natural beauty of its Caribbean coastline...